Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I'll help you with japanese words and sentences...^^ - Minitokyo

I'll help you with japanese words and sentences...^^

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Quote by thehuntress

Quote by naito18

Quote by thehuntress

Quote by naito18

Quote by (...) your taking up japanese too. ^^ how many months have you been taking it?
[quote=thehuntress
kanji ish kewl.. XP hehehe.. since i can read chinese characters.. i cud guess the meanings of such kanji.. XP hehehehe.. XP *a passport to success.. XP*

are you a chinese?

since the start of my first semester.. XP prolly june up to now..
well.. isnt that obvious already..? XP

I just thought maybe you took up chinese lessons first after japanese. ^^; well, sorry for the silly question.

e e... daijoubu desu... ^-^ we're just entitled to one foreign language class.. since i dun like to be in advanced chinese class.. i ended up in the japansese class.. XP too tired to study the chinese again after 10 long years.. ~_~ especially when that chinese is to be repeated in that class again.. o.O

wahhh, It seems like it's difficult to be a chinese. ^_^'

well depends... but i love being chinese anyways.. XP

Isn't your parents strict with you? Coz my chinese friends' parents are strict. ^_^' They have earlier curfews than mine. ^_^' Kalalaking tao dapat umuwi ng di pa nag-gagabi. ^_^'

Signature
Sarang heyo....

thehuntress

thehuntress

~<3 cinnamonoroll-chan~

Quote by naito18

Quote by thehuntress

Quote by naito18

Quote by thehuntress

Quote by (...) your taking up japanese too. ^^ how many months have you been taking it?
[quote=thehuntress
kanji ish kewl.. XP hehehe.. since i can read chinese characters.. i cud guess the meanings of such kanji.. XP hehehehe.. XP *a passport to success.. XP*

are you a chinese?

I just thought maybe you took up chinese lessons first after japanese. ^^; well, sorry for the silly question.

e e... daijoubu desu... ^-^ we're just entitled to one foreign language class.. since i dun like to be in advanced chinese class.. i ended up in the japansese class.. XP too tired to study the chinese again after 10 long years.. ~_~ especially when that chinese is to be repeated in that class again.. o.O

Isn't your parents strict with you? Coz my chinese friends' parents are strict. ^_^' They have earlier curfews than mine. ^_^' Kalalaking tao dapat umuwi ng di pa nag-gagabi. ^_^'

welll they are strict... but for reasonable reasons.. and besides i dun like going out at late nyts anyways.. the times now are very much unpredictable.. and i hope its not wrong to assume ur a pure filipino guy?

+=+ i wish to forever hear the song of the wind and drown myself in its melody.. +=+ <3<3 huntress-chan

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

ah another converstion to get into ^^

Signature Image

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Quote by thehuntress

Quote by naito18

Quote by thehuntress

Quote by naito18

[quote=thehuntress

are you a chinese?

welll they are strict... but for reasonable reasons.. and besides i dun like going out at late nyts anyways.. the times now are very much unpredictable.. and i hope its not wrong to assume ur a pure filipino guy?

yep, I am. ^^

Quote by thegunblademasterah another converstion to get into ^^

I hope you can relate with us. ^^;

Signature
Sarang heyo....

thehuntress

thehuntress

~<3 cinnamonoroll-chan~

*refers to the quote above*

arent we getting a bit sidetracked lol~ XP

+=+ i wish to forever hear the song of the wind and drown myself in its melody.. +=+ <3<3 huntress-chan

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

I'm a little lost too. XD (It's been days since I've open this forum.) ^_^'

Signature
Sarang heyo....

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

hahaha! great thread man! ^_^' hehe...

hey naito dude.... how do i say...... Xan the Man in japanese yeah? :P haha

Signature

RahXephon

the Professor

Can you tranlate this :D :

You are a jackass and you don't even know that I called you that

hehe you don't have to.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

i can translate that for you....

just say Konnichiwa! ^_^' haha...

Signature

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Quote by xandmanhahaha! great thread man! ^_^' hehe...
hey naito dude.... how do i say...... Xan the Man in japanese yeah? :P haha

I can translate that in jap but the only thing is it will sound the same as it is read in english. Coz there is no jap word for "the map" phrase. It's like this "san za man" the za syllable will be read longer.

Quote by RahXephonCan you tranlate this :D :
You are a jackass and you don't even know that I called you that
hehe you don't have to.

oh that's a bad one. ^_^' I'll PM you the translation when I'm done translating it. The problem is there is no jap word for jackass. (as far as I know) I might use "baka". Hmmm, have to research if there is a translation for that word.

Signature
Sarang heyo....

Yune

Yune

will visit once in a while.

hahaha this thread ish ko0L and funnai XD XD ..... well meh dont have a word need translating yet though..but meh will give yah a buzz when i do cap'n XD

Signature Image

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Feel free to task anything.^^ I'll gladly accept any questions from you guys. ^^ XD

Signature
Sarang heyo....

Manaxis

Irresponsible Captain

OK, I've got a question. I was a student of Japanese for a year and will probably be going to Japan next year for study.

How do I say "Because I'm not very good at Japanese, could you speak a little slower?"

Just do your best, and let the rest take care of itself! - Justy Ueki Tylor, Age 20
Woah. - Neo
You forgot one very important thing, mate. I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. - Captain Jack Sparrow

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Hmm, "Watashi wa nihongo mada jouzu janai kara. Yukuri hanashite kudasai." Manaxis here's the transalation.^^ Well, I don't really know if that's right. Since I'm just starting to learn japanese that's all I can do.^^I hope this will help you. I'm so envious. That you will study in japan.

BTW the translation is in a formal way of saying it. :D

Signature
Sarang heyo....

Quote by Jinzhou

- Noun wa noun desu.
ex. Watashi wa Jinzhou-san desu. This means "I am Mr. Jinzhou." Wa is used to show the topic (Watashi) and desu means "is", "are", and "am"..

This jsut sort of bugged me a bit when I saw it. I'm pretty sure that one would never use the title -san (or any title for that matter) when refering to ones self. It would be either gramatically incorrect or taken as rude. I'm not sure which.

As for the "I don't speak Japanese..." bit. While I was in Japan I used "Wakarimasen" (essentialy "Misunderstanding") "Chotto matte kudasia" (Please wait a moment) while I rifled through my backpack for my Japanese dictionary, or consulted my much mroe linguistic buddies. Yeah, and I'm on my fourth year of Japanese too. Boy am I a poor case. But,if you ever get a chance to go to Japan with a buddy that is fluent/or at least decent with Japanese I would highly recomend it, it's a blast.

Perhaps the most important sentence to know in Japanese while abroad would be:

"Beikoku no toiru wa doko ni arimasu ka."
Where is the western-style toilet? Lit: Where does the American-style toilet exist?

"Beikoku" is America (Bei happens to be the Kanji for uncooked rice in case you where wondering) and is the description of the "toiru." "no" denotes that the word/phrase before this particle is in reference to the following noun. Then you have the particle "wa" which denotes that the Noun before it is the subject of the sentence. "doko" is where, and "arimasu" is exist for inanimate objects (for animate objects, you would use imasu). "ni" is just the particle always used before arimasu (I don't remember why). "ka" is jsut the particle that denotes a question (there are no question marks in Japanese for the most part)

So you can easily adapt the sentence into where is whatever now.

"Nihon no hito wa doko ni imasu ka."
Where go Japanese people exist?

Wow. This commetn sure evolved forma simple qualm with someone elses grammar didn't it.

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Wow! You're good in japanese too.^^ I envy you that you've already been in japan. T_T I wanna go there too. XO

Signature
Sarang heyo....

Urashima

The ULTRA Cute

I'm sort of stuck on the Japanese language, even though I learn a word here and there I still have trouble forming sentences and writing the stuff is out of the question.

Recent additions to my memory banks are:
Baito - work (as in employment)
Benkyou - study

I've been learning a word here and there over the course of several years so I've picked up quite a large amount, yet I feel I can't really progress any farther without the direct assistance from a Japanese teacher.

A friend of mine and I usually throw some Japanese back and forth on a daily basis as we both know about an equal amount, I also have an IRC Japanese/English translation script which seems to work pretty well.

I feel I need to move to Japan before I can really tackle the language but that's going to take at least five years I would say, which is too long :\

i could and possibly will get some education (as in going to a school and taking classes) on the Japanese language here in the US but I don't know how far I could actually go with that and if it would even be worth the effort and cost.

Taku.

naito

naito

-=ArtisT=-

Quote by UrashimaI'm sort of stuck on the Japanese language, even though I learn a word here and there I still have trouble forming sentences and writing the stuff is out of the question.
Recent additions to my memory banks are:Baito - work (as in employment)
Benkyou - study
I've been learning a word here and there over the course of several years so I've picked up quite a large amount, yet I feel I can't really progress any farther without the direct assistance from a Japanese teacher.
A friend of mine and I usually throw some Japanese back and forth on a daily basis as we both know about an equal amount, I also have an IRC Japanese/English translation script which seems to work pretty well.
I feel I need to move to Japan before I can really tackle the language but that's going to take at least five years I would say, which is too long :\
i could and possibly will get some education (as in going to a school and taking classes) on the Japanese language here in the US but I don't know how far I could actually go with that and if it would even be worth the effort and cost.
Taku.

It's true that when you get more and more familiar with japanese and really learned all the things that you have to learn. You tend to think that your not getting better than usual. Since you know it from basics up to the hard part. The only thing you're lacking is the vocabulary. You have to memorize words at least two or three a day (I do this everyday). ^_^'

The very important and difficult thing is to test what you've learn. This is really important yet difficult. Why difficult? Coz if you're going to talk to someone who's learning japanese like you. (Which means both of you are not japanese.) The idea is still good but both of you wouldn't know if what you are saying is right. It would be much more confusing if the sentences you are using are both long and hard. The other way to do this is that the other party must be a japanese. Well, I know that your sensei is always not there to correct you but isn't it much better if you ask your sensei to chat with you for a while.^^ If it's not a bother to him try ask him. I know it's difficult to ask your sensei but this is the better way to know if your japanese is getting better. :D

If I didn't mention in this forum. I'm still taking my japanese tutorials for about ten months now (Including this month). :) I'm still having a hard time catching up and adapting on my sensei's way of speaking (He talks so fast.). XO To test my japanese I talk to my sensei and sometimes to the owner of the manga shop. Where I usually buy my mangas.^^

I know it's really hard to learn other languages but still it is fun.^^ Ganbarimashoo na. XD

Signature
Sarang heyo....

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.