Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Arranged Marriage - Minitokyo

Arranged Marriage

What do you think of it?

Hate it
9 votes
Like it
0 votes
Don't care
4 votes
Hmmm
3 votes
*falls asleep*
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

So... yeah, whats your look on arranged marriages?

This mainly sprouted from how my one of my friend loved someone, and she loved him back, but shes set in an arranged marriage >.> I will not say who, will not say anything to that extent, but whats your outlook on Arranged Marriages?

Me, personally, I don't like it. Arranged marriages, its for whomever arranged it and doesn't consider the feelings of others...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It sucks if both people are already in love - it's almost bound to fail, then. But globally speaking, a lot of arranged marriages are successful.

If I were in one, I'd be inclined to rebel against the principle of the thing rather than the intended person, unless said intended person was a total douche.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Well it's hard to put it in words as it varies,but in my opinion it might not be a bad thing but sometimes it would be.Sometimes it depends entirely on the reason of the arranged marriage,if it's to increase ones reputation or influence,I would detest it.But it's for the good of the person who couldn't find someone good then it's a good thing.However if,one of the person already has someone they love then it's bad to break them up.It all depends on the person concerned,they will have to achieve what they want,no one can intercept in that.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Well even considering a vast number of opinions on the matter, marriage is one thing that both parties should be in agreement on. Arranged marriages are usually to benefit someone other than the "probably not-so-happy, happy couple". Therefore they are generally considered a bad idea within in the traditional concept of marriage in my country.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

i dont think my parents would arrange this kin of things to me.
Well not like my family have biz that needed to merge by marriage.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I think it isn't fair but I can't down the culture that is their way of life and has been for so long so I can't help but sit back and watch it happen

BuBbLeS!

Signature

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

It's not a great thing, but based on my experiences with arranged marriages in India, they tend to work.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

it is something which i hate !

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Arranged Marriage... You know what. It could be an advantage actually.

How?

A girl can have this advantage actually. She can marry a guy from a different country. By that, she can change her citizenship, from her country to another. She can permanently live in the guy's country.

But I still hate it.

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

hajimemizuki

hajimemizuki

~Forget everything~

I don't really care if my marriage is arranged or not.If that's my fate then so shall it be.However I find it annoying to have your parents done so without permision.I don't want to be tied down by something like that.
Its too traditional....for heavens sake..leave it behind...

With my eyes,I'll watch over my future that had been set.With my hands,I'll rip my path and make my way.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.