Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vectory's Side Project : Vexel Revolution! - Minitokyo

Vectory's Side Project : Vexel Revolution!

Group announcement by Vectory

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I guess this is Vectory's first project ever. So, yeah, Vexel Revolution!

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9573/headeriy7.jpg

Vexel is a term for vector arts that are mostly made with vector shapes rather than raster techniques(such as brushes, blurs etc).The word derives from a combination of "vector" and "pixel" to distinguish them from normal vector graphics and normal raster images.

Despite the name of the project, it does not intend to start such dramatic change on vector arts, but generally to change the perceptions on vexels and to put it at a higher level than before. Actually, it's main objective is to create and manage a side gallery for Vectory (and MT) that solely consists of vexel arts. And also to provide info and tutorials on vexels and vector arts.

Read the guidelines here and if you have questions, feel free to ask in this thread or by contacting me.

This project is open to non-members as well, and if your entries are not accepted at MT or you want to upload them somewhere else, be sure to provide the links through the group's guestbook or by contacting me.
I'm not sure to put deadline or not, but for the time being, no deadline. -> o_0

Join now and have fun!

Offsite page (will put more stuffs soon).

Btw, if you happened to have older vexels in your gallery, you are welcome to submit them in the project.

OMG!
YAY!
i love vexelling!
i mean i only did a vexell once in my life [it was a birthday gift so i didnt submit it here] and i used garra-san's tutorial [HUUUUUGE THANKS]
ill definitely make a vexell for the project [or maybe even a few if it's allowed :x]
i just have 2 questions:
a. is that like a contest or just for enlarging mt's vexell gallery
b. if it IS a contest, why not make a deadline XD

i plan to do a vexell for a long long time but i dont have enough time for it cuz im so into vectorin anime >.< lol

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

how n whats is a vexel?

^ its all described by gaara ~_~
vexell=vector made of a photo ^_^'

Signature Image

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Awesome :) I've been really wanting to try and do a vexel so I'll add it to my to-do list!

Signature

That's awesome. I've always wanted to try vexelling, but had no motivation to do so. xD

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Amazing!
I'm actually working on a vexel, so this is just perfect for me.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by abuli just have 2 questions:
a. is that like a contest or just for enlarging mt's vexell gallery
b. if it IS a contest, why not make a deadline XD

It's a project, not a contest (so don't expect any award or something). And it actually not to enlarge MT's vexel gallery(doesn't exist yet), but having a side gallery(outside MT) specially for vexels. No deadline because I thought people do not get used to vexel yet, so I give them quite a long time to submit their works.

merged: 10-27-2007 ~ 10:23pm

Quote by abulvexell=vector made of a photo ^_^'

Doesn't have to be photo-to-vexel. You can even try to vexel anime scans, if you can creatively manipulate them.

oh ok :o XD

Signature Image

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

first of all, use the [IMG]url of image[/IMG] to make your banner show up as an image and make it all prettiful.

second of all, er, that definition is rather... complicated (what does "neologism and portmanteau" mean? O__o ), and people might get confused.... My definition of vexel is shading using vector shapes instead of brushes, usually very detailed shading (ie multiple layers). Gradients and textures are fair game.

Maybe have a few examples of what is a vexel and what isn't?

And there are anime vexels too, actually there's a couple wallpapers here on MT that could be considered vexels (by my definition anyway), such as I'll Show You the Sky by farizthree and Dragon's Sunset by shigemitsubaki

lastly, yay website, pretty neat-looking ^__^

thx for the enlightenement rose-chan
btw, just to help u guys, we all know that as bigger the image is as easier it is to vector, so i just know some sites where u can take high quality celebrity photos
celebutopia
superiorpics [no need to register, just go through the threads and find the images u want ;)]
elegance... smth [no need to register, just download what u want]

hope it helps ;)

Signature Image

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuVexel Revolution and its layout (c) Gaara-no-shukaku (i'm no good at website designing DX)

^ LOL! The site looks great, it's very neat =D

Argh, I dunno if I have the patience for this type of thing, so I guess it's good that there isn't a deadline (yet).
But I'll definitely try it out!

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

the offsite page is dead

pamkips

pamkips

?????

Sweet! I'm working on a couple of vexels, so this this perfect :D

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

a new challenge! I haven't vexelled yet, I'm stoked! Did you do that eye on the offsite page? It's awesome.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

i've never done a vexel before, but i think i might want to try it. it looks really hard though. i'm really busy now and don't know when i can make one, at least there is no deadline yet. even if i make one, it's gonna take me ages to do it(probably if i don't focus).

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by MapleRoseMaybe have a few examples of what is a vexel and what isn't?

Yeah, I'm thinking of putting that as well. Still under construction on the web.

merged: 10-28-2007 ~ 08:01am
Okay, replaced that complicated definition with my own.

merged: 10-28-2007 ~ 08:10am

Quote by abulso i just know some sites where u can take high quality celebrity photos
celebutopia
superiorpics [no need to register, just go through the threads and find the images u want ;)]

Thanx, Abul. Though I think Western celebrity isn't a good choice if you want to submit at MT.

Pretty interesting :) I'd like to participate to this project. ^^
I'm glad there's no deadline so I have enough time to make a vexel too (or maybe more if I have more free time XD )

My Latest Wallpaper: Midnight Portrait | My Latest Vector: Asuka

so its a vector made from a photo... interesting..... maybe going to revieve the photo vector that i did... if i can find it in my com... any sample or sites that gives a brief overview on how abt to do it?

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by desertfox1943so its a vector made from a photo... interesting..... maybe going to revieve the photo vector that i did... if i can find it in my com... any sample or sites that gives a brief overview on how abt to do it?

I've listed two tutorials in the website(under "About Vexel" section). Also this community has also listed tutorials and tips you can check.

Quote by gaara-no-shukaku

Quote by abulso i just know some sites where u can take high quality celebrity photos
celebutopia

Thanx, Abul. Though I think Western celebrity isn't a good choice if you want to submit at MT.

why not ~_~ i dont care im gonna do either jlo or nelly furtado XD

Signature Image

That's cool. =D But I am sorry that I wont be able to join this contest since I dun have the time to vector anything >.< ~
Good luck to everyone tho. Have fun!

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

uuu nice, try to make something ne..

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Im currently practicing on how to vexel. Im having problems w/ doing the eyes, lips, face, & hair. Can anyone give me pointers or guide on how to do them?

5D's Caption: Vol.1

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.