Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vectory's Side Project : Vexel Revolution! - Minitokyo

Vectory's Side Project : Vexel Revolution!

Group announcement by Vectory

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Maji

Maji

The speaking corpse

Ah, its been years since I last did a vexel.. I guess I'll give it a try anyway.
Also great work on the offsite :D It looks awsome!

@Wslasher
This seems to be a good tutorial for vexels. Although I haven't tried it out yet ^_^' (<- I learned to do vexels from a german tutorial.. cough)

Signature Image

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Quote by MajiAh, its been years since I last did a vexel.. I guess I'll give it a try anyway.
Also great work on the offsite :D It looks awsome!

@Wslasher
This seems to be a good tutorial for vexels. Although I haven't tried it out yet ^_^' (<- I learned to do vexels from a german tutorial.. cough)

thanks for the link, it was kinda helpful.

5D's Caption: Vol.1

Maji

Maji

The speaking corpse

You're welcome ^^

Signature Image

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by MajiThis seems to be a good tutorial for vexels. Although I haven't tried it out yet ^_^' (<- I learned to do vexels from a german tutorial.. cough)

I remember that tutorial, thanx for pointing out. I'll put that in the offsite page soon. =)

my newest vexel: NIGHTAMARE
http://images.minitokyo.net:8001/view/317912.jpg

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

A question: how can you make two galleries for vectors and vexels when all the anime "vectors" uploaded on MT are vexels? Saying "I've never made a vexel" when you have a bunch of anime traces in your gallery is wrong. A vexel is vector art saved in jpeg, png or any other format that can't be resized without quality loss a.k.a. vector art turned into a raster image. 1 2 3 4 5 6 - all of these are vexels. If you think that I'm an idiot then you can go to vexels.net, show Linda an anime trace and ask if it's a vector.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by DiomaA question: how can you make two galleries for vectors and vexels when all the anime "vectors" uploaded on MT are vexels? Saying "I've never made a vexel" when you have a bunch of anime traces in your gallery is wrong. A vexel is vector art saved in jpeg, png or any other format that can't be resized without quality loss a.k.a. vector art turned into a raster image. 1 2 3 4 5 6 - all of these are vexels. If you think that I'm an idiot then you can go to vexels.net, show Linda an anime trace and ask if it's a vector.

Vexels here are different. Not that those with single shading, or brushed/blurred one, but rather detailed use of vector shapes layer by layer. It's not about making two different galleries, but it's just to put aside those that are qualified as vexels (with multiple layers of shading of course) to a side gallery. In term of what vexel really is, my definition is that vectors with the use of multiple layers of shading, like on your Ghost story. I saw a bunch of vectors here before that use brushes for the shading, and I seriously think it's wrong if it is called "vector". So, vexel, for me here is more specific in the usage of technique or rather what the outcome is going to be.
Indeed vexel is rasterized vector art, but what about those rasterized-plus-brushed vectors that abundant at MT are called? Vexels too? Well, they're more like CG art to me.
Vexels.net's definition on vexel is more or less like the one I'm suggesting, while vexel in DeviantArt is different because you can go with brushes (correct me if I'm wrong). So, in choice of term, vexel is basically differed in their detailed shading, while those with single shading usually refered to as vector itself.

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

No, you can't go with brushes at DA. Those are stupid people picking wrong categories -_-;
The thing you said about vexels.net is also wrong, because people there use cell shading with no multiple layers, too. If you had joined vexels.net when it was opened (which I did) you would know that there are NO vectors in the MT gallery, all of them are vexels. Vexels.net's aim was to destroy the usage of the vector term in the raster world (rhyme was not intended!).
In a few words: your definition of a vexel is extra shaky (earthquake). Vexels (style) and vectors (medium) are only different because the later one can be resized without quality loss, that's the only difference.
I rest my case, I won't be barging in anymore, sorry.

P.s. I sound like a term freak, don't I? And I don't even care which word I use in my descriptions ^^;

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.