Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lucky Star licensed by Bandai Entertinment - Minitokyo

Lucky Star licensed by Bandai Entertinment

page 1 of 1 10 total items

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

winner for the most unexpected license, and at the most unexpected time goes to Kadokawa Pictures, and their new anime Lucky Star. Kadokawa Picture allegedly broke us this fantastic news on the fourth volume of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The messenger was a short video, which can be seen here, that showcases a scene from the show in a maid cafe saturated with Haruhi characters and voice actors. this might not be enough evidence for most of you, however, Kadokawa Pictures' website now lists Lucky Star under their licensing and distribution section of their website; so this is going down, and it's going down now!

Let's hope that Lucky Star will get the same treatment as Haruhi does in the states. Meaning: I want you, Bandai, to drown me in mountains of SWAG every time I purchase a Lucky Star DVD. Who wouldn't like a life-sized Konata school uniform in their DVD box set, or one of those bakery chocolate-spiral thingies? I know I do.

source Japanator

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

hajimemizuki

hajimemizuki

~Forget everything~

Ooooh.....this going to be interesting turn of events.

With my eyes,I'll watch over my future that had been set.With my hands,I'll rip my path and make my way.

I don't see how this is going to work out at all, it has loads of references to Japanese culture and other anime and stuff that only hardcore anime or Japan fanatics are going to understand. So much will be lost in translation.

i agree

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I think a lot of thought went into this license. With American licenses dropping severely, I'm pretty sure Bandai had a good idea this one would do well stateside. I do think they are aiming for that same audience that grabbed Haruhi. I haven't personally seen the show (although I intend to) but the crazy humor may be something they try to toss on Adult Swim at some time to grab that audience.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

wat bandai? Ive already got most of the episodes so i dont really care. Maybe if they put out a reasonably priced box set. I forget wasn't there a reason i didn't like bandai?

I think a lot of thought went into this license too

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4wat bandai? Ive already got most of the episodes so i dont really care. Maybe if they put out a reasonably priced box set. I forget wasn't there a reason i didn't like bandai?

Given that companies will do everything they can to make that sale, you'll get that eventual dirt cheap boxset. It's common business practice to sell individual volumes with premiums at a premium price for the early adopters, but then to strip it of all the fluff and throw it in a cheap box for the undecided.

And I'll tell you why you don't like Bandai (or at least why I don't). I use to be an early adopter of Bandai DVD's. I would buy individual volumes and then they would release bigger and better versions afterwards, at a better price and would say "screw you" to people like us. Now unless it is something I must have, they get me when they fall into that cheap category.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

It's already good as i is.
The dubbed version won't work out unless they use good references or insulting celebrities or something.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

i don't think the dub ver will work -_-

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.