Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 earthian wallpaper - Minitokyo

earthian wallpaper

what should i do with this wall?

burn it
1 votes
try improving it
6 votes
submit it just as it is
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

i wanna submit this wallpaper, but i'm afraid they'll delete it. if anyone has any idea as to what i can do to improve it, please tell me. keep in mind i'm trying to keep it as simple as posible (no color, just black, white and a little grey and no pattern for the bg).
frankly, i like it just the way it is cuz i managed to do just what i wanted to, but i'm afraid the mods will think it's not enough. any suggestions are welcome.

original image used.

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

I've got to say etoo-chan, I love it as it is. But, I'm afraid that you are right, and that it would get deleted for being to simple. But, I'm in the same boat as you are, since I like it as it is. ^_^'
But, if you would want too, perhaps a very faded design in the bg would help. I'm not sure of what, but it's just an idea. *shrugs* Sorry that I'm not of much help. :sweat: ^_^'

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

rorry

rorry

lineage&anime addict

kinda simple..i mean i like it to..besides i think can see pixels in the lineart

Signature

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

inuai-chan - i can always risk it :D. submitting it and it being deleted i mean. i started from the idea of this url and my old wish to vector that image in a different way. so, there you have it. unfortunately, when i've got an idea in my head, you can't say otherwise cuz i'll stick to my idea. if u wanna change my opinion/idea, you gotta have strong arguments. this is why i have problems visualising thw wall some other way. no, i ain't saying your idea was not good, but i need a bit more info (if an idiot isn't told, an idiot doesn't get it).

rorry - i checked it a few times and can't see any pixels (i made sure to make the lines thicker so i wouldn't have problems like i did with another vector).

*sigh* why do i feel it's gonna remain just as unsolved as this did?
*crosses fingers*

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

ano, i think its too simple.
maybe add colours to the characters to distinguish them further, and some text too.
ahh, dont forget the textures. they are great help :D

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Yeah, it's too simple. It would probably get deleted.

If your really do want to keep it the way it is - ex. colour scheme - I don't think you should submit it onto MT.

Although, if could. You could try vectoring the originial image in grayscale. That would look pretty sweet :) And the background should be a bit re-done.. I'd say it would look best if you went for a vectored retro vinatage kind of look. But that's my opinion.

The way the wallpaper is now - in it's own way - is beautiful :)

I don't think it's too simple. I just think that instead of strokes, you should vector shapes for the lines to give them more definition. You could also make the lines neater. Right now it just looks like an artificial sketch.

Just that would be enough to keep, me at least, happy. ^_^

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I agree with Tofu, instead using stroke, why not use shapes of lines? (i mean in most of the parts) How about adding dynamic outlines, like thicker in some parts, while the other looks thinner?
I would say try incorporating with some text, preferably something neat and not-so-fancy type. Not too sure if the frame-like line is a good choice.. :\

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

i tried using part of your advices (can't find text and patterns to match. as for "sahpes of lines" my english ain't as good as tounderstand wwhat you're trying to say -_-"), and here's what i got..... dunno if you can call it improvement or ruining (you decide what i did), but here goes nuffin....
second version of wallpaper
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1892/earthian2cp4.th.png

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

The lines still need to be straight :\
and now that you made it white we really can't see the
second girl on the bottom, most of her details are gone.

Try smoothening the lines out and try to give the girl
details again, then you can work on the bg since the other
side is empty and yea it's way too simple.

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

the 2nd version, improved (?)
it might sound weird, but i like the color i chose for him. it gives off the impression that he's frosted/made of ice :D

decided that i'll use soft colors.

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Ah! I like it better this way. I like the frosted idea. But, perhaps you could make his skin a tad darker. I'm not saying blue or anything. But, as he is now, I had to look at him a while to realize that he had a blue tint to him. Perhaps...darkening the skin a little more, if nowhere else, just highlight places around the hair and maybe around the eyes.

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Shape of lines = use fill path instead of stroke, to make the lines.
To tell the truth, I prefer the frosted version. Maybe you should use black(or darker) outlines for the girl on the bottom, so we can clearly see her figure.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.