Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of My name is Mimoza and other GA monochrome scans - Minitokyo

Deletion of My name is Mimoza and other GA monochrome scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

Quote: botchii wrote at 10-31-2007 ~ 01:36am

Quote: Hachiko,

Your scan you submitted entitled My name is Mimoza, was removed from Minitokyo, because it was deemed that the it was of insufficient quality, which can be caused by one or more of the following:

- The image dimensions were too small. Only scans with 1,000,000 or more pixels are allowed. You can calculate the amount of pixels by multiplying the width of the image with the height.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to, page folds, dust, noise, text or other markups on the image. Scanned images need to be scanned at least at 200dpi to conform to the quality demands required on Minitokyo.
- The image was too blurred. Only sharp scans are accepted. Please do not attempt to 'filter' scans in Photoshop, as this usually further reduces quality.
- The featured character was not visible enough, or unusable for wallpaper purposes.
-The majority of the image features either blank space, magazine text, or multiple under-sized images.
- The scan did not feature an anime-style image. See this announcement for more information: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/35992/

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

You can always post your picture in the Anime Picture Dump.

Feedback can be directed at the moderator of the gallery your entry was in, which are Revan, Saikusa, marissa.

Hello everyone. I have a question for the folks here:

This, along with three other scans I placed in the Galaxy Angel monochrome scans section (Kahlua and the world, Lily Anise and Nano-Nano, Apricot in pajamas), was deleted. I would like to get some personal feedback from marissa, saikusa and company as to why these four scans did not make the cut.
I believed that they were quality scans to be placed in this gallery for graphic use. I did not enlarge them, either, scanning them from 300 dpi minimum. Even the GA 3rd Vol. 4 cover that I scanned two days ago at 300 dpi was removed from the gallery.

Thank you for your help and critiques, all.

H

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I've deleted a bunch of Galaxy Angel scans for a vareity of reasons. Despite the excessive use of the Blur Tool over the top, they still had obvious pixellated line-work. The Blur Tool was sometimes too excessive to the point that the image was no longer clear. In other instances the panels from the manga were still visable and/or badly editted out the other speech-bubbles & panels.

If you're going to scan directly from the manga then you must treat it with more respect than your average colour covers or pin-ups.

We've said rom the very start that monochrome scans would come under closer scrutiny than the old colour scans. Sheq didn't want to have a monochrome section, and I've had to fight long & hard to get a Monochrome section. it's Sheq's site, and if we start to accept lower quality manga pages then he'll take the whole Monochrome section away.

So while they weren't bad scans, they weren't high quality scans.

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

saikusa,

Thank you. You and/or the other mods here can put the lock on this.

H

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.