Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WSJ covers 46 and 48 - Minitokyo

WSJ covers 46 and 48

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hello. I'm hoping for some clarification for why two of my scans were removed from the galleries the other day. I scan a lot and submit a lot of scans here, so this rather concerns me.

The two images are Weekly Shounen Jump covers for issues 46 and 48, scanned at 300 dpi.

Cover #46 || Cover #48

botchii wrote at 10-27-2007 ~ 04:59am

Quote: - The image dimensions were too small. Only scans with 1,000,000 or more pixels are allowed. You can calculate the amount of pixels by multiplying the width of the image with the height.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to, page folds, dust, noise, text or other markups on the image. Scanned images need to be scanned at least at 200dpi to conform to the quality demands required on Minitokyo.
- The image was too blurred. Only sharp scans are accepted. Please do not attempt to 'filter' scans in Photoshop, as this usually further reduces quality.
- The featured character was not visible enough, or unusable for wallpaper purposes.
-The majority of the image features either blank space, magazine text, or multiple under-sized images.
- The scan did not feature an anime-style image. See this announcement for more information: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/35992/

I've never had a problem with scanning at 300 DPI from WSJ before, or with saving too low quality. And neither image was altered (blurred or denoised or leveled).

Both images were submitted in full, despite excessive text around the usable portions. But I believe the text to be extraneous, as the usable portion within the text still fits within Minitokyo's size guidelines. (Crop of 46, crop of 48.)

So I'm wondering what I'm not seeing, and asking for a reevaluation. I do try to submit useful scans to the gallery when I can and I thought these were appropriate. Please let me know so I can better distinctions in the future, and thank you for your time!

Kylara

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

While they were nice large (and we do love our large scans here at MT), there's just so much magazine text over the images that they become unusable. It's a huge problem with magazines in general (and a lot of US manga covers too) is that they stick vast quantities of text and logos all over the image... but even as your crops show, the image is cropped so much that you lose so much of the artwork and it becomes virtually unusable for a wallpaper.

Otherwise they were good scans... just beware of the evil magazine text.

All right, thanks for that. Now that it's pointed out to me, it makes sense. I guess I just wasn't looking at it from that side. I will try to use more discretion when choosing what to submit. Thanks again~

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.