Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 please help...Jasaiyajin.... :( - Minitokyo

please help...Jasaiyajin.... :(

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

Guys! Anyone who knows, or is a friend of jasaiyajin?
Need help!
You see, he's been muted for a while now...
According to jasaiyajin, he was muted due to his "offensive language". To him, it is not actually offensive but a mere word to express what he feels in a certain time- not to use in an offensive manner.
If ever anyone of you was offended by jasaiyajin, let this thing be discussed between you and him and tell my friend exactly what or how did it happen. He doesn't even know whom he has offended or how it happened, people! Tell him what happened, mr/ms whoever. Please support, if anyone of you who have read this was not offended by jasaiyajin, or you are a friend of him.

Help jasaiyajin *and me in helping him >.<* be un-muted. We need your SUPPORT a big deal! Thanks for the time, people! We need your KIND CONSIDERATION! ;)
PLEASE SUPPORT and SIGN or WHATEVER! NEED HELP

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

Well... this is something new
Some sort of petition?

I get the picture....
I'm not familiar with this member but I guess I do sympathize with the situation
There are always misunderstanding and disputes between people with different mindset and different foundation

Personally, I would be restriced any day than be muted
Although I'm not 100% aware of how that feels, it is quite bothersome

I respect your courage and the will to help your friend :)

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

It is better if you'll post some materials, like a screenshot, pertaining to that offensive remark or somethin`. Photobucket will do, I think. This is quite common on many forums, be it BBS, imageboards, and the like.

2, I suggest you seek a moderator first before taking other actions. As I have read, you haven't took any non-public action first beforehand (I mean talking to moderators in private first). In some forum sites, this kind of action is regarded as publicity. I'm not saying you're lying or whatever, but you gave incomplete details, you asked for support when you don't know who did the mute ban either, right? Properly investigate first.

Take it from me. I'm a moderator on my local forum. :)
AFAICS, the mods here are considerate enough to help. ^^

merged: 11-09-2007 ~ 11:16pm
And yeah, before talkin` to a mod or somethin`, if you know who's been 'offended', talk to him/her first. (Forgot that. Lol, gomen, gomen. ^^)

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

shinshinovi has some very good points to be aware of, also a thread in the wrong forum saying do whatever isn't a good way to support a case either.

jasaiyajin received a warning by myself for offensive language and insulting another member, he was then warned again by Revan and muted. He was later unmuted however was again caught for offensive language, third time by Marissa. Three different moderators had concerns with his use of language and it's not just a matter of offending people, it's also a matter of exposing younger members on these forums to such language. It was stated in his last warning he would not have his mute lifted this time, most people are lucky to be unmuted once.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I'd just liked to add on top of what LJ said. Not only was he muted for such vulgarity towards other members, but he also had the nerve to create another account to circumvent said muting.

He had his chance and unfortuantely made the wrong choice.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

I think I get it now.

I am not sure, but perhaps it's some sort of culture crash.
When azyl12 stated that "According to jasaiyajin, he was muted due to his "offensive language". To him, it is not actually offensive but a mere word to express what he feels in a certain time- not to use in an offensive manner.", I can assume that jasaiyajin-san must be living on a liberal environment (I don't want to say "western" since it's inappropriate") on which certain cuss-words are not considered offensive.

A moderator or administrator might understand it if the forum is on a local set-up (my local board even made some 'shortcuts' on some cuss-words in order to 'candy-coat' my native language, althought I disagreed with the notion). However, everyone knows that Mini-Tokyo is on an international setting, and I believe that moderators are here to keep MT's reputation good. That's one of the main basics of moderating, other than from moderating itself.

Another point here is that azyl12-san never stated any of what the 2 mods above me. However, I can see some reasons here, but I'll not state it so that everyone can be objective to it.

The only advice I can give is to at least consider cultural differences. I can't imagine saying "Amp naman o! @#^#$$^#^$ mo!" to a fellow forumer, without knowing that he/she could be a fellow Pinoy.

No, it's not actually, 'cultural differences'. You can count that but that's but a factor.
It's called "consideration". :)

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

"Consideration"?

So you are saying that on three seperate occasions that Jasaiyajin took into consideration the feelings of others when he insulted them? Or he took into consideration the rules of MiniTokyo? Or he took into consideration what the moderators had told him previously?

Bad, foul or crude language of any kind has no place on MiniTokyo. I am one of the greatest potty-mouthed people I know, and I still do not swear at individuals here! THAT is what consideration is!

As far as I am concerned, Jasaiyajin is lucky that wasn't BANNED after the third time; never mind re-muted!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.