Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sunset Lacus - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 5 total items

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2231/sunsetlacus1copyfu2.th.jpg

Im still thinking of a better title for the wall

It's been a while since I made another wallie... and again this time its a wall of lacus XD

found a vector from MT made by CherryBlossomSakura... i just love the vector... actually this wall has been residing in my PC for quite some time now, and i just thought of continuing it now...

i feel that there's still lacking in my wallie, probably i need to put texts on the left side.... but still thinking of a title for it >__<
but i dunno what... so i need help pls.

comments and suggestions are very much appreciated.

PS: i just got a new monitor and this is my first wall for widescreen XD

PS2: still working on other wallies... but i just gotta finis this first XD

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

first of all, I like the colours ^__^

Um, the water looks too realistic and sharp compared to the rest of the picture (especially since the vector doesn't have outlines). Either filter it to make it softer (median filter, blurr), or don't use that water at all, and use some subtle watery textures instead.

the clouds look a bit too smudged, but it's not too big of a deal I guess...

The biggest "problem" is the lighting. The light is coming from behind Lacus, which would make her a silhouette, unless there's another light source. So I would suggest to adjust the shadows on Lacus (like make her darker perhaps) to fit into the background better.

I suggest looking at this wall, as it sort of has the same idea you're going for.

Finally, as far as I know, I don't think MT allows 1440x900 walls.. so you'd have to scale it down to 1280x800 if you want to submit it :)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

To add MapleRose's suggestions, don't just use filter. I would median filter alil, then paint over the sea plus smudge them to make it all paint-y. And also for the vector, well, the same technique except no filter.

nice nice i like the wallpaper as is already :). but i dont know too much about making wallpapers so for improvements just follow what the guys above me are saying :)

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I would say vector the ocean part to match the wall.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.