Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Mist - Another terrible Stephen King film? - Minitokyo

The Mist - Another terrible Stephen King film?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

I'm a big Stephen King fan and dislike how his best novels are turned into awful films with bad acting, directing, etc. Do you guys agree? Cujo, Pet Semetary, I can't even say how bad "It" was, and other books that were made into mini-series that no one has heard about. So what do you think about the upcoming movie The Mist? Do you think they will do a good job putting it on the screen or will this one be another disappointment as well?

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I think his movies are always better when he directs it. I don't know if he's heling direct this movie... I'd hope that he'd be giving them his final word on it. I thought they did alright on "The Dark Half" and "The Green Mile", but I have no idea about this one. ^_^' I hope it'll be good, but you just never know. I've seen a lot of bad screen adaptations of his work that don't do his books justice at all.

I will say however, that most screen adaptations from books are terrible in my opinion. I have seen good ones too. I myself am more worried about them coming out with I am Legend by Richard Matheson. From what I can tell already, nothing is the same except that he's the last man on earth... and that's it. T_T ...so sad that they can't keep books and movies at least 'mostly' similar to one another. <_<

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I'm rarely bothered by changes from books to movies, and vice versa because to me it can make it interesting to see the changes between the two. The only thing I (generally) care about staying the same is the feel of the film compared to the book. It just seems like a waste of time to me to complain about it in the long run, though.

I haven't really read any of Stephen King's books other than Insmonia, which I didn't really care for anyways. Most of the films you said were terrible I thought were actually alright. You seem pretty quick to throw your opinion around as fact.

When I first saw the add for the mist it looked like Silent Hill on a larger scale (more people and all ^_^' ), but only really at first glance. It looks interesting enough to me, though.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.