Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you hate spoiler posters? - Minitokyo

Do you hate spoiler posters?

do you hate spoiler posters?

yes
7 votes
no
5 votes
dont care either way
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Is it only me or do u really hate spoiler post?. I mean i can understand series that are finished yet the manga still continues and you want to enlighten people on the story, bt for those anime series like naruto or bleach which are incomplete and yet to be finished, spoiler posters on sites (especially youtube) can really kill the series. I mean its killing narutos story for me i dont even feel the urge to watch it anymore. Thank god bleachs magnificent story is saved. Ne way thats just my opinion sorry for rambling

aikoh

Sexy tennis boys pwn ninja.

I think that it is extremely inconsiderate of people to post spoilers without marking them. At the same time, however, it is the responsibility of the individual to avoid places where spoilers might be lurking as well because there is nothing anyone can do to stop people from posting them. While you do not have to take it to the extent that Harry Potter fans often did (avoiding the Internet completely while reading the latest book) it will definitely reduce the chances of finding them considerably. For example, you could simply not read YouTube comments or certain forum threads if you suspect that they might possibly contain spoilers (though most anime and manga forums are starting to enforce stricter rules about spoiler posts since it's becoming a bigger problem).

But even if I do happen to accidentally stumble upon a spoiler, it does not really "impact" me until I see the scene in question.

People have hope because they cannot see death standing behind them.

If you're in a forum, you'd better be prepared. Granted, some people are very obnoxious about it, but a lot of people simply don't think before they post. I hate when people post spoilers in the thread titles, with a little (spoilers for ch. ___) after it, like a warning after the fact helps.

Spoilers are a sad fact of life. Heck, you don't even have to go to forums to get blindsided by such things. I mean, I've seen a suspense film that was completely spoiled by its own theatrical trailer. And I've seen spoilers hidden in the character bios of some domestic anime releases. That's what REALLY irks me.

As for forums, I roll with it. I don't like spoilers coming out without warning, but it's a fact of life, so I deal with it. It's certainly not half as bad as in normal conversation, where people speak with much less thought, and where its much more difficult to avoid hearing them. So, I count my blessings. And if it really comes down to it, I can start ignoring entire users, threads, and even forums, based on the frequency of undesirable information popping out. There's no real shortage of alternatives there.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

As long as they're marked as such, or the thread title clues you in, I see no problem with it. And seriously... if there's a thread about... say, Bleach, and you've just started watching it, you should probably expect there to be spoilers about the show in said thread. Common sense and all that.

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

I don't hate them, but I do dislike spoilers.

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

i really dom't care either way but sitll I don't enjoy too much spoilers.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

As long as they mark them properly, it's fine. You expect people to want to talk about things they've read, so it's understandable spoilers come out sometimes, but some people are just downright rude and don't even try to mark spoilers. I think I hate it more when the people spoiling everything have been downloading everything illegally and end up ruining the story for the people reading the story or watching the show the right way. I understand that it's to be expected if you are coming into a series after it's been going for a while, but some series are running close enough between countries but just far enough apart that people start blabbing without showing any courtesy to the people that haven't gotten that chapter yet. (I'm looking in you direction, TSUBASA CHRONICLE fans!) ~_~

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

I don't care either way......when i read a spoiler about sth major its just makes me all the more excited to read it in the manga or see it in the anime for myself............though for those that don't like spoilers there should be a warning or sth.....which pretty much its already established.....

If the anime is good enough to be enjoyable when I'm watching it again, then I'm pretty sure that some spoilers wouldn't be too bad the first time seeing the series

* MontyJG
* 6d 7h ago

Spoilers are a sad fact of life. Heck, you don't even have to go to forums to get blindsided by such things. I mean, I've seen a suspense film that was completely spoiled by its own theatrical trailer. And I've seen spoilers hidden in the character bios of some domestic anime releases. That's what REALLY irks me.

As for forums, I roll with it. I don't like spoilers coming out without warning, but it's a fact of life, so I deal with it. It's certainly not half as bad as in normal conversation, where people speak with much less thought, and where its much more difficult to avoid hearing them. So, I count my blessings. And if it really comes down to it, I can start ignoring entire users, threads, and even forums, based on the frequency of undesirable information popping out. There's no real shortage of alternatives there.

In response to the above, ye i think its kinda stupid theatrical trailers are spoiling their own plots. I mean do they have to resort to showing every available good looking scene just to get people to watch the film. Tsk altho i kind of understand that as long as they get money during box office they shouldnt care if the movie itself isnt enjoyable bt i still think it takes away the substance of the movie ( case in point covenant tsk)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.