Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 School Days (spoilers) - Minitokyo

School Days (spoilers)

Tagged under School Days

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

A drama, love story, and tragedy of a few flawed characters, and the world around them. That's how I see it, at least.

Discuss.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

Yes thats really true.. but I like things like that =)
The story is short but really good.

Signature
clannad-fans ayahirano-fans haruhisuzumiya-sos-dan rosario-vampire

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I think to fully appreciate School Days anime, you should be a fan of the game. Unfortunately it is one of those hgames where you have to be 18+, which some will not want to play. Because the anime is based off this visual novel type game, and unlike the others it is fully animated and has 28 different endings. So each time you play with a different path, you'll get a different outcome.

The anime is really based hardcore off the game, it takes many variations and merged it, whereas some outcomes didn't happen in one path during the game. For example:

Spoiler (show)

Sekai getting stabbed by Kotonoha is an ending on it's own for one pathway, while Makoto still lives, and it is done on a bridge.

. And the whole Makoto having it with everyone only comes to if you're completely undecisive about Sekai and Kotonoha, so you'll get the ending "Everyone's Makoto."

Anyway, this is like maybe one of the few anime where you'll most likely HATE the main character, Makoto. And it is not your typical harem type either, it's not all comedy and fluff, it's pretty ecchi, and the last episode had to be edited due to real life circumstances. Which has marked School Days as memorable.

Some people just hated the whole anime throughout and liked the ending, others not at all. But myself, I thought it was good, not amazing. It's one of the few anime I saw based off a game so closely. Though I didn't like that Sekai got killed, because she's my favourite character in the game (not so much in the anime, but still more than Kotonoha).

I see this anime as being in the below average range from reviews, it's either a love or hate, but most people hated it.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

I originally I just started watching the anime because I liked the art style, and wasn't sure what to expect. The series itself wasn't my favourite. I guess it doesn't help that I don't like echhi. However the characters all still grew on me in different ways and have the potential for a great storyline. I think the game was probably better (it usually is, when an anime is based on a game), story-wise. But I still liked the ending of the anime, because I have to admit, it's fun when people go crazy XD Oddly enough, my favourite character from the whole series was Kokoro-chan. Everyone else lost my respect at some point or another, although Kotonoha comes in second. I think the best part of this anime is how scarily close it is to reality.

Signature

My first impression after finishing this was something along the lines of "I'm disgusted." But that's probably just because my respect for all the characters plummeted at some point (except Kokoro, like Hikari says and I still liked Setsuna). Maybe it's simply because this diverges so far from the typical harem-type anime that I'm used to (I haven't played the game, so I didn't know what to expect from it).

So the good points? First, I liked the art (plain and simple). Also, looking at it as a tragedy, the anime depicts the degredation of Sekai and Kotonoha's lives (and sanity) and all the tension building up until the last episode. Notice I left out Makoto. Sorry (maybe not), but that guy is just such a jerk (ep 10!ep6!) and like after something like ep 8 I didn't see his character seemed (was?) flat. Moreso, he has no redeeming qualities or any good reasons for his actions (in my books, sex is not a good reason...)

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

i hate this anime so much,it's disqusting to me

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

uhhhhhhhhhhhh about this anime.... they halted it or like did something like.... stopped production of it because of some incident in japan.... can't remember well but i was reading about it.. like some girl hated her dads new gf or something.. but w/e it is.. she ended up killing her dad with an axe...... not just that.. she hacked him to piece ( shivers ) .. and the officer on site.. i feel bad for him =/ he got injured from her.. lol..... crazy girl @_@... ... the anime was toned down or something because of this incident.... they were gonna cancel it completely or something too 0..o not too sure

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I don't think it's fair to say School Days was the cause, considering it wasn't even played the last episode yet. They most likely felt playing such a scene would be disrespectful, and might give people ideas. Mind you, violence has been apart of films for a long time, only people with some wires loose will cause such acts in real life.

As for the Makoto getting it with all the girls, I think you should hear high school students talking now, most of them have already lost their virginity and are proud of it, people have no shame or respect for themselves.

On another note, there's gonna be a School Days PS2 game LxH (Love x Hate) I think it's a game adaption to the PC game. Why only now? Who knows ... But it's coming out January 2008 in Japan.

I really liked this anime, because it was different. I tend to get bored of the generic romance drama animes, because they all end the same lol

Signature

the problem is that this kind of anime that evolve so many people's feelings may disturbed people minds like the accident that Nephilim07 says above. lets hope that next time some peolple watch better how to evolve human feelings, doesnt need so cruel reality

Hmm, it doesnt seem fair to me. If your going to obstruct it because of things like that, then we should also take away things like grand theft auto. (I actually dont have anything against taking grandtheft auto off the shelves, and had probably caused far more disturbing incidents than this show ever will). I liked school days, but maybe they should have put an age restriction on it, yes? Anyways, I think they're being hypocrites. About the actual show itself, it was really dark I have to admit. It looked so innocent when it started out too. Dont get me wrong, all the drama was what made it a great show, but I really got to dispise the main character for being such a stupid sociopath. Honestly, he messed things up so badly that he destroyed all of their lives.

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

i didn't like it...A lot of ecchi (which I dont like) but it was fun seeing makoto gets killed by sekai..
anyway sekai is my fav here but hate how she turned out to a total slut >_<

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.