Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need some help ~ about vector - Minitokyo

Need some help ~ about vector

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Hi....i got a problem when vectoring...
i draw lineart at the adobe illustrator and save it as xx.ai file...then i open it with adobe photoshop for colouring..but it seem the line a bit jaggy once it zoomed around 200% and above...have any idea how to make the line less jaggy?
or should i just colour it with adobe illustator?

Help pls... :\

merged: 11-28-2007 ~ 04:17pm
omg..i post the thread wrongly,please remove it or move it....

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Moved to Art section.

Sorry, I couldn't help on that since I don't use Photoshop. >.>

:) thx for helping me moving this thread

Don't worry, it's supposed to look jagged at 200% and up. Photoshop doesn't actually use vectors, but vector masks... I'm not really sure how to explain masks, but the point is that it behaves like a bitmap image instead of a vector one, and therefore will lose quality when zoomed in/resized.

Whether or not you use illustrator or photoshop to color depends on what effect you're trying to get.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

(o.o) but it is good to make larger image resolution and then save at a lower resolution image?then the dpi,use larger dpi?or lower?usually almost all image save at 72dpi or 96dpi,and i dunoe how much dpi i should use.

Always work larger than the final product. I don't know about manga, but American comics are drawn about 3 times larger than what gets printed. Not only will the quality of the artwork diminish if you enlarge it, but scaling down gives the illusion of more detail.

Don't worry about dpi if you're just doing everything on computer and have no intention for printing. =] (that's like... uh... me. lol)

But when you're scanning something in to work on in a computer, try to scan it at very high levels of dpi like 300 or even so it'll be bigger on screen. (My camera is set to 314 dpi, but you're not supposed to scan things with cameras... >_>)

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

haha...ok..thx for your great help :)

FYI, I think Manga are drawn at somewhere between 1.5 and 2 times the original size.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

You can colour it in Illustrator as well if you want but depends on what kind of colouring you want to do, as you are more limited in what you can do compared to photoshop

As said before it will generally look jagged at 200% but you can more or less overcome that by making it larger in Illustrator before importing it into photoshop thus giving you more free range, wont make it less "jagged-looking" but the larger you make it, the more chance to get proper detail so that when you scale it down to the size you want, the better it'll look

Signature Image

o.o,just that larrger resolution mean more lagger since my computer not high performance

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.