Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Jealous Friend - Minitokyo

Jealous Friend

page 1 of 1 12 total items

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

>.<!
Need help!

They say I'm good at this... They say I'm good at that... She also says I'm good at this... She also says I'm good at that.
But then, when she does the things I am 'good at', she's always better. Math, article writing, poem making, drawing, singing,...everything! She's my best friend. We're always together. We're always together...some people even mistake her for being me! That's kinda nice- and funny. But...sometimes, when people compare me to her, she's always the better one.
People don't actually say to me, "She's better than you!". They don't say anything.
I'm actually the one saying that she is better. Nobody told me that yet. But, judging on how they act towards me and her, she always get the credit. She always get the job- as if I am not trustworthy.
Jealousy already took over me and at times, I act cold. What should I do? How can I not be jealous enough to stop acting cold at times?

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

95Elizabeth

95Elizabeth

.:Breathe:.

I have the same problem as you. the best way to fix this. Is to just try your best to beat her! Like me and my best friend always say "best friends... We're best friends.... but when it comes to talents.... We're enemies..." Yep! because the two of us do netball. And we're always on opposite teams, we always say before we play "You WERE my friend.... But NOW.... Go die girl.... " Yep.... She's your enemy when it comes to things you two are good at!

Signature

I'm actually on the opposite side in this situation. I've always been good at pretty much everything I do. My friend is really smart, but she doesn't do as well in most things as I do. Still, even though I'm better at most things, I still feel intimidated. I'm afraid that one day she might catch up and surpass me, so I try not to let that happen. Maybe that's how your friend feels. Besides, I'm sure there's at least thing you can do better than her, too.

ooo friendship rivalry

its quite good to have some competition but if it gets a bit over the edge things might go ugly

im afraid i cant really help u there as i have always been the better one amongst my friends

however, juz keep ur attitude in check bcoz it may ruin ur friendship

cygnostratus

cygnostratus

Raijin Gaeshi

don't let jealousy get to you... remember, jealousy leads hate... hate leads to suffering.. in the worst case scenario, you may wake up one day to know that you don't have a friend anymore...

anyways, what you should do is maybe to support your friend.. okay... I know this is hard but you should ignore the negative comments about you, if there's any... don't think too much because it will cause you to lose you hair early..^^

FinalFantasyFans|Ecchi-Club
Signature Image
You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness

cerealjoe

cerealjoe

The day we caught the train...

Just think about how your friend must feel. Either she is worried about the fact that one day you might be better than her (but in that case, is it really friendship?) or she is humble and thinks she shouldn't get all the credit. Why don't you just find something that you like at which you've got a natural talent? Differentiate yourself from her.

Signature Image
What do you call a girl with a rifle in a corn field? A cereal killer.
In TARTIFLETTE we trust!

dont be so sad

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Oo,same problem...But I usually got over it because I don't see the point of being jealous...My friend is better then me in all the subjects and I get jealous sometimes but why though?Because I thought I'm very good,but I soon realise that wherever you go,there will always be someone who will beat you,you can never be the top of everything,my best friend who got into a better class,I was jealous but I got over it because it was my own fault that I didn't get enough grades to get into that class.

Your friend may be better than you in a lot of things but there are somethings that she will lack of,because humans are so.We're all balance in a way,we may be very good at something but terrible in the other.We're all like that..nobody is perfect.She's your best friend,it's normal to get jealous.The fact why you're jealous is because you think that you will lose this best friend because you feel that she's better and you cannot cope and be equal with her,remember everyone is different.

Why do you care what other people think?As long as she does not think like that,it's alright isn't it?There's a chinese proverb,'If humans go on comparing,it'll be endless,even until death would it be endless,' Do not live your life by comparing yourself with others,people may mistake you as her but you are you!And there's only one of you!You may have something better than her,you just haven't found it yet...Have confidence!Life is more than just what you go through now...Conquer your jealousy and you'll be the winner.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

Joancagalli I don't know how can I control my emotions. I suddenly acted cold one day and I don't know exactly why(maybe because of the rivalry) or how. On our sophomore years, I wasn't like that until I reach my Junior year(this year). How can I stop myself from acting weird or cold?

gun94930 Tnx! (?) :)! That answer kinda made me laugh

95Elizabeth O_o! Nice one....! At least, that one was a friendly competition or rivalry...unlike my situation wherein she doesn't know I'm a jealous rival

FutatsuNoNegai I guess that's our major conflict- comparing myself to her. I can't help it! 'Coz she's always better. I even think that some teachers, or friends, think the same and shows it through entrusting more tasks or praising her or-....
How could I stop myself.......?

cygnostratus I know... Actually, when I was acting cold, I could already feel the anger...despair....sorrow!

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

just don't let that bothers you, I mean there must be some other thing in which you are good at, do not compare yourself with her because each one of you is different and that is what makes you special. It is more important for you to know that! You are special because of who you are not of what you can do....don't let that get in the way of your friendship....

kawaiihime04

kawaiihime04

Fluffy Sesshy

ahem... Db auz n tau jan? hehehe, tma n ah. stop comparing yourself to me 'coz i ain't miss perfect. you can do things which i can never do- the only problem is you never notice nor pay attention to it. I loove you bestie, mwah!

i'm sorry, kmakailan q lng nbksan ung site

merged: 12-24-2007 ~ 11:47pm
pusang kalabaw! brhn m nga ung cnulat q jan. mbbsa ng mdla ahuhuhuhuhuhuhu!

Sometimes, the one who is good in taking care of other people is the same person who needs someone to take care of them.
>>>Mapu quote<<<

I used to be jealous of my best friend...she used to have ppl saying that 'shes just so good at everything' even the things im supposed to be better at then her...i just felt i couldnt prove myself wen she was around...she was always the smart one..could talk well to guys..and stuff...i been around her for...like..13yrs...but my jealousy took over...ppl started telling me that theres no reason to be jealous..then i started hanging around other ppl...and she got jealous...and upset..but thats how..were not best friends anymore =/

\(^o^)/

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.