Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it true that guys hated boy bands? - Minitokyo

Is it true that guys hated boy bands?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

Is it true? I mean is it? That guys hated boy bands. I mean whats weong in listening some Backstreet boys or Nsync and maybe 98 degrees? Okay I'm talking about old boy bands here but hey I love them. One of my friends, a guy, said 'I hate Nsync! But hey, you heard Justin's new song? Its awesome!' I mean what the hell. Guys out there? Do you really hate boy bands? Because I am a girl, I love boy bands!

uhh, have you wondered about what exactly he hate about nsync? i dont hate them but im not a fan of them either (im a guy btw). he probably doesnt like the music. i kinda like backstreet boys though. i dont hate boy bands in general. do you love boy bands because you are a girl or because you like their music?

Quote by LilKittyCrazieBecause I am a girl, I love boy bands!

does he hate boy bands because off their music or because they are guys!?

alph4

Browsing

i cant say that i hate boybands im just not in to the pop music ^^

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I know guys who sing Backstreet Boys when we go to karaoke *_* I think part of the problem is that guys don't want the image the bands have. Like the other day I went through 5ive lyrics and realised how egoistic they were, like they were seriously the hottest thing to land in town. Not that it's a bad thing, but I wouldn't say I'd agree 100% because they seemed so sure... >_>'

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

I thought everybody hated boybands.......
Personally, I'm not a fan of those lame~o muzikas

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

you think too much.. (no offense) there are type of boys that like boy bands, and of course, don't like them. its depends on their taste.. I'm a boy btw, I like whatever is pleasing to my ears,, actually some of the songs of some boy bands are nice to hear, i you listen carefully..

Same question ask but in a different perspective. Do girls hate girl bands?

Pls. excuse my rudeness...

Komaka

Komaka

Aoi Hime

Funny.For me its totally a matter of performances.If they're really good,then I like it.If they're bad,then I don't like it.No matter be its boy,girl or anything else.

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

Nah. It aint true. It kinda depends on the interest of the guy. If teh guy likes to listen to boy band musics like the ones of back street boys or spongecola, then they do.

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

redangel6112

redangel6112

DozoYorishiku (Nice to meet you)

I don't think it is true :) There are a lot of guys sing boyband song in karaoke.

I don't think that's true. Coz my cousin (Boy) is a rabid fan of N'Sync and Backstreet Boys songs. I don't know if he likes the members but I'm sure he likes the songs. He listens to their song whenever the mood fits and sometimes sing along with it. :)

When I was little that a lot of boy bands came out, there were boys that liked them; specially because they danced a lot and they liked that.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Boybands are made mostly to cater to girls, so it goes without saying that most boys aren't really all that interested in listening to their music.

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

My distaste for boy bands and the female equivalent, stems mostly from the fact that none of the members can actually play an instrument. Most members of those groups also seem to be amongst the most unintelligent members of the human race to ever have been spawned. Added to that most of them can't actually sing, they rely upon someone to else to write all of their songs, and many of their fans are overly obsessive. All of that would be enough to put me off if the music they produce didn't already make me contemplate suicide through its inanities.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm not a boy by any means but I seriously hate boy bands...never did understand the great hype over them...I'm so glad they don't last very long I don't think I could ever get use to them all over the radio...that one summer of backstreet boys and then my childhood brought the lovely new kids on the block...yuck

BuBbLeS!

Signature

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

Quote by angelxxuanI'm not a boy by any means but I seriously hate boy bands...never did understand the great hype over them...I'm so glad they don't last very long I don't think I could ever get use to them all over the radio...that one summer of backstreet boys and then my childhood brought the lovely new kids on the block...yuck

Be glad you don't live in the Uk then, as a number of previously defunct boybands are reforming. That and a number of them have existed for years.

Watch me fault her
She said kill me faster

i hate boy bands

Signature

Quote by oceansoulMy distaste for boy bands and the female equivalent, stems mostly from the fact that none of the members can actually play an instrument. Most members of those groups also seem to be amongst the most unintelligent members of the human race to ever have been spawned. Added to that most of them can't actually sing, they rely upon someone to else to write all of their songs, and many of their fans are overly obsessive. All of that would be enough to put me off if the music they produce didn't already make me contemplate suicide through its inanities.

the reason being that they dont play any instruments is that boy bands are acapella musicians. playing an instrument in a boy band is almost unheard of. you dont need instruments to be a good musician. rock, country, bluegrass, classical, and gospel are typically the only genres of music where you will find instruments predominantly used. other genres such as pop, acapella, r&b, etc. is where they do not show up most of the time. most members of bands usually are highschool grads and dont go thru college because of stardom or rising stardom. if they cant sing then why were bands like NSYNC and Backstreet Boys the richest bands at the time? and why were they so famous if they sucked so bad? the majority of songs these days are not written by the musicians who sing them anymore..in fact many of them are just remakes of older songs that have been forgotten over the years. your comment proves to me how ignorant some people can be of music. i am a musician who sings in acapella style a lot of the times, but i do play guitars (preferably acoustic or electric) as well as the piano. by the way i am a dude.

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

yes, i hate them.

here is why most guys hate them.

it's basically a homosexuality test. if you like a boy-band you are gay (according to most other guys probably). So if you KNOW the song and make fun of it, that's fine, but if you openly admit to liking it, you sound stupid / gay. so even if guys do like it (and they aren't gay) then they try not to make that information available.

and Justin Timerberlake's music is 100x more note-worthy than nsync, backstreet or 98... just fyi

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Sadly, boybands -- together with any other type of musical "artist" where the idol is as important, or even more important, than the song itself -- aren't likely to die out anytime soon. As long as there's teenage girls' hearts out there to swoon, boyband members will be making concerts.

Today, though, it's the Idol trend that's the most prevalent in the music industry, and while I found boybands annoying or obnoxious before, I've never really hated them and everything they stand for like I do the Idol industry of today. The dream of getting romantically (or even sexually) involved with any of the stars that used to be have been replaced with the dream of becoming said stars yourselves and have people throw themselves at your feet. Sure, it might be a short-lived dream, but there is apparently a rather large number of people who want to experience it.

Normally, I wouldn't care, but the whole industry is rather.... prevalent, and nearly impossible to escape if I want to go out in public or even peruse media from commercial sources.

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

Quote by AznHalfBloodz
the reason being that they don't play any instruments is that boy bands are A cappella musicians. playing an instrument in a boy band is almost unheard of. you don't need instruments to be a good musician.

This would be acceptable if there was no music on any of their songs, however there is always backing music. The people who perform the music are never recognised as being part of the band, however without them the songs would be worse than they are. And given that there is music being performed, the songs are not A cappella.

I actually enjoy A cappella music, and if I could remember the groups name I would post a link to a completely A cappella version of the Metallica's song Battery where the people manage to perform the parts of all the instruments in addition to the song. Do not claim I have a lack of knowledge about music when you have demonstrated a lack of understanding within the same post.

This is all assuming that you are using the modern meaning of A cappella, where it is vocals unaccompanied by any instrumentation, instead of the original meaning where it was used to differentiate between two styles of music [Renaissance polyphony and Baroque concertato].

Watch me fault her
She said kill me faster

Well, I don't really hate boybands but I just find their type of music so uninteresting. There are one or two songs that I like every now and then, but generally, it really doesn't appeal to me.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

i hate most pop and rap songs in general.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

Kongousouha

Kongousouha

Osuwari!!!

are you kidding? a group of guys at my school preformed "i want it that way" at our variety show.

i guess its just the luck of the draw of guys you happen to be around

I <3 QUOTES !!

"Life is too important to take seriosly"- Corky Siegel

"Who are you calling a tiny bug the ecapes the wrath of a shoe because he's so small that he fits in the grooves and cant get squashed!?!?!?"-Edward Elric

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Special thanks and credit to Momo Inu's House! for my inu and kagome pics on my "layout"

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Boyz II Men anyone? =p
How about Hanson?

Quote by vatican92I thought everybody hated boybands.......

Well if they did, would they still be around?

There are plenty of fangirls for these type of groups

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.