Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Importance of Appearance - Minitokyo

The Importance of Appearance

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Even when people said it's OK to be not so pretty and your true beauty is benearth your skin but I think everything has a limit of its own. So in this case, I want to know what do you think of the importance of appearances in "appearance" most truely meaning : the way YOU or the others around you look in the outside. Is it really important to you ? Is first look or first expression will really stay forever in your mind ? Is it OK to be friend with an ugly face ? All these questions, and why ?

You dont have to read these below, just read the lasts in the end of this long comment.

Cause in my mind, appearances are the most important thing. Not only the way you look, it's also about the WAY that things of yours look in the outside. It's fine if you do something bad, as long as no one knows and you look OK then it's fine.
Nobody will care about how did you do it, just dont make it so stinky. Cause you're not the only one who is rotten inside, so please stay quiet and keep on the good "work" and show at least enjoyment and pleasure, or even being shown up and proud and act like the other who does not how to make it look good and tries their best, working like crazy for nothing.

And about the outlook, I'm afraid people will stay away from you and even before you try to reach them. Well, at first they will talk behind your back and then they won't fell sorry no more and talk right in front of your face about your not so perfect appearance til you get mad or simply just run away and cry.

After that, or no, even before that they will tell you in the nice way that you ARE too beautiful, your beauty's killing us, you should not be attemped at school or do not show up in the graduation celebration so that the camera will be burnt with the film inside, or you're the most disgusting thing that appears on the picture.

No one likes ugly things, you, people around you, your own parents, your friends (or are they really your friends, or they just dont want to act too straight or just PRETEND to be good) it's not only the common way people think, it's the rule, and it has been kept since the day the first human appears on Earth, like that definately that I will take that one, cause it's so pretty, and THAT IS THE SIGN OF A GOOD DNA .
THAT'S HOW THEY DID, THAT'S HOW WE ARE DOING, THAT'S WHY WE ARE THE STRONGEST CREATURES ON EARTH AND THESE UGLY LIKE YOU ARE THE MISTAKES OF GOD. YOU DONT NEED TO BE PERFECT BUT WITH THAT YOU'RE NOT WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING.

And if you can't take it anymore and disappear of their lives that will be even better for them, at least they won't have to face a monster everyday. All this not because I'm too stress, it's truth.

Tell me why I never believe such stupid fairy tails, all lies 'bout all the beautiful girls, got in troubles, being saved and getting maried with beautiful boys.
The same way in mangas, even when first intro was the main girl was just lower than normal then she would be happy as long as she tried her best things would be alright, and life can be tough sometimes (it's all the times, forgive it anyway, it was printed to sell itself). Oh please. Your parents wont say "OK you did your best", what else is in your mind already, I wont repeat.
X-P

So, will you come close to say hi to an ugly face ? or tell them get home and have fun with their computers ?

This post has been edited for better readability. Please guys, use paragraphs.

in manga , fantasy or anime , yeah ,,, inner beauty means everything ... but that just apply in those kinda stuff .... back to reality , good appearance = win , no doubt about that ..........

we all know that 1st impression is important , and what do you mean by 1st impression ? from what i know , it's all about , your personality + appearance . miss any of above then the 1st impression you made will never be perfect .

therefor , bad 1st impression will result a whole lot of bad stuff when you're in school , people will never befriend with ya , it'll be hard for you to make friends .... not to mention finding yourself a bg/gf , then slowly you'll become depress by all those stuff , affecting your performance in school .... then buh bye school life ...

As for me .... well .. i don't mind getting along with those who're ugly but ..... i'll set a limit for myself not to get too good with them =v= ......... let's just face the fact .... good appearance is more important compare to good personality (( of cz personality is also important ... but still , appearance comes 1st )) .......

Komaka

Komaka

Aoi Hime

Yea,appearance are more important really.I won't lie and make a false fact by saying personality is more important.You see,im a naughty and bad-tempered girl.But hey,im very popular 'cause of my innocent and cute looks.Anyway,I don't totally stay away from uglies but...I don't hang with them either.

Like anything else that can be opinionated, appearance depends on the personal bias
Actually what people refer to as "ugly" is nothing more than distortion of one's understanding of norm (appearancewise)

My best friend (on MT) is somebody who I've never seen yet
But I was attracted by the person not by the appearance

It depends on the people to open up to the different looking people
Personally I do not have the courage to approach those people but I don't have the courage to be rude to them either
If they're nice people, I'll be nice to them back

What is the definition of beauty anyway when anybody can be "beautiful" these days with cosmetic surgeries and make up
I do not base my opinions on such inconsistent premise

It's very little what apearance can tell about a person
People get married because of appearance and get divorced because of contradicting mindsets
The truth is, appearance alone cannot form a prudent human relations

Oh and I'm sorry but I was too lazy to read all your story

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

Asuza-san, you have your points, but do remember this line:
"Everyone has their own mind."

Anyone may agree, and anyone may not agree. Events, situations, and the like, are some of the things that makes one person's point of view. But in the end, even beauty withers away. Look at a rose. It is undeniably beautiful It has thorns to protect itself from invaders. It chooses good soil to thrive on. But all are but VAIN attempts to preserve beauty. It will wither away.

I prefer personality when it comes to migling with people. Sure, I am a patron of beauty, but only for the purpose of art. It's useless, anyway, beauty, that is, in the eyes of violence. But a beautiful soul within an ugly shell is what I'll surely prefer, athough one might be lucky, and a heaven-sent angel, whose beauty is inside and out, but hey... they are already on the verge of extinction. Why?

Simple. Because of opinions like this.

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

Gosh.. hate us bad-looking people if you want. I don't mind being insulted..

That whole being depressed sh#t thing is true. It has never left me. Even though God deprived me of good looks and personality (sometimes), He bestowed talent upon me. In anything I "like" to do, I get really good at it quickly. Then I become one of the best. Later will be the best. Yeah.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

jasmint285

jasmint285

Merlin's Apprentice

I envy people with good looks...
I mean I don't look ugly...
but I have loads of stuff about me that I want to improve...
LOADS!
and am very self concious about myself...
i think everyone is...in one way or another...
and in real life...your looks are the thing that gives someone a first impression about you...
I mean you look at someone who doesn't attract you and you won't even try to get to know him/her right?
so even if he/she had a great personality it wouldn't show right?
so duh...appearance matters...more than we care to admit...

Signature
Being emotionally hurt is like having internal injury where the agonising pain kills you slowly without anyone knowing...and you can put on a brave front and smile at everyone around you to hide the fact that you're suffering...
Oh why did you have to do this to me?

ShinLanceVulcano

ShinLanceVulcano

Uchuu no Kensei Cylanser

Appearance is an extra, but we can't just say it's not important, cause in fact it is, it is just like the guys who say skill is more important than strenght, the truth is, skill is obligatory, but it is always important to improve your strenght as well, the same happens with appearance, it is important to make ourselves an idea about people, though you can't judge them by just their appearance, you can always find some important things

I can summarize all this in a sentence that also describes my ideal of beauty: Beauty has to come from inside, but you have to show it outside

My own body is my weapon, other weapons are just extensions of my body
Cosmo-Orichalcon is my body and Cosmic Force Sol Inferno my blood
I am the emissary of burning justice, the Uchuu no Kensei
I am Cylanser, the Battle God of the Cosmic Sun Inferno

Quote by jasmint285but I have loads of stuff about me that I want to improve...
LOADS!
and am very self concious about myself...
i think everyone is...in one way or another...
and in real life...your looks are the thing that gives someone a first impression about you...
I mean you look at someone who doesn't attract you and you won't even try to get to know him/her right?
so even if he/she had a great personality it wouldn't show right?
so duh...appearance matters...more than we care to admit...

I don't know if I can agree with you. You'll lose your beauty with age. Then you'll know whats its like to be bad looking. Its just a matter of time. Btw, what do you want to improve?

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

jasmint285

jasmint285

Merlin's Apprentice

hmmm...lets see...
first of all my back:
((am assuming this is overall appearance and not just the face))
I hunch... >_<...pretty badly...been like that since primary...
school bag was almost as heavy as myself
2nd my neck...
something happened...no idea what...now its sticking out of my shoulders like a tortoise plus my back makes me really LOOK like a tutle...and its too thick and too long...
3rd...
am too thin...(try guessing my weight...once you get it you'll be shocked...)
4th...
am bow legged...born with some problem in the knees...
and the list goes on...
you get the idea...
those stated are the main ones I want to change though...

Signature
Being emotionally hurt is like having internal injury where the agonising pain kills you slowly without anyone knowing...and you can put on a brave front and smile at everyone around you to hide the fact that you're suffering...

Whoa. I don't see any problems with the neck but hey, a little posture would help the back.
I had a hunchback too. But then I removed it by hitting my back against a wall. Now, its gone!
Awwww Riiiigghhhttt.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

jasmint285

jasmint285

Merlin's Apprentice

>_<...
mine is really bad...trust me...
should take a pic of me from the side...
hmmm...
or imagine a bent old lady with a stick except not old and not with a stick...

Signature

yeesh! personality is way more important than looks. I dont care if you're a super model if you're a bad person you can go burn in hell.

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

mmmmm...
well 'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder'
i kinda believe two people can look at a rose and see completely different things, in other words what one believes is the embodiment of ugliness, the other sees as the definition of beauty.

another thing i believe, is no one's really ugly, i don't think God's that cruel, and i have never come across or seen someone i thought of as 'ugly'...except well...those women who undergo cosmetic surgeries and god knows what they do to themselves...sometimes i can't help but feel sorry for their lost natural looks...

however it is true that beauty seems to come in 'levels'...but i found something completely interesting, it's that when you sit there and take the time to study a person who you don't think is all so gorgeous, you'd find the person either has amazing skill, impressive talents, high IQ, very creative...and the list goes on trust me... i do that in class sometimes :P sit and try to assess the strong points of each girl in class...

in the end, it seems life is quite balanced

besides it's not just beauty that attracts a person... and sometimes a person isn't all the beautiful but has a certain gorgeous feature, like a lovely smile or eyes that emanate gentleness...or of course body language and a soothing aura...so probably the next time you decide a person's 'ugly' on sight...you could like...erm...take a second look and see that no one's really ugly at all

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

I guess it depends on what looks "beautiful" to you. It's really different from person to person, one might say that this person is good-looking to him, but the other won't or maybe say this about someone else. Sure, outward appearance do attract a person to another, but usually it's not enough if he/she is unbearable to be with. Besides, some people look good to you alone, and you don't care what others think, right?

Some people say that being fair-skinned is "beautiful", well I'm quite fair and I think brown-skinned people are exotic^^...I guess you never know, really. Or maybe this discussion is about something that I have yet to experience myself( well, I'm just turning thirteen, so...), and I don't really know what I'm talking about lol!

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Go take a look in magazine stands if you want to know where the public opinion on beauty lies. (Or rather, the opinions of those who'd like to think themselves as "the public opinion".) And I'm not only talking about cover images; but a lot of the magazines seems to be almost feverisly topical on things like losing weight, improving your skin tone or texture, what to wear, how to act and so forth and so forth. All this is a massive machinations set in motion to make you feel inadequate, and it works. Because you can try to convince yourselves all you want that "it's the inner beauty that counts", but when you're called on it in any way, you'll recoil, because there are people who do not live up to the standards set by the beauty industry.

I mean, let's face it: Noone here would even think of getting serious with a person who is truly homely and/or grossly overweight right off the bat, and even if it were to eventually happen, it'll take some major readjustments on anyone's part.

Of course, this is just between people. Human beings are generally attracted to beauty of any kind; whether that be nature, art, music or even something like animals. I guess you could say that there's nothing really wrong with that, even if we let it carry over to how we interact with other people. Still, the whole thing is definitely taken too far in today's society, and as much as I'd wish I could say it doesn't influence me, I would be lying. It's not a part of myself I'm very fond of, but if I am to say that I honestly think the looks of a fellow human being doesn't count, I still have some changing to do personalitywise myself.

This is a very sensitive problem isn't it ? Even the one who opened it (typing.. typing..) right is very suprised about what she's been reading. I'm glad people want to talk about it. Go on!
And I have some word to say by the way. I know you read the nasty thing I wrote, but after all the truth remains. I said I didn't want does not mean I coud not axcept. Actually we can axcept everything, but like playing with a wild tiger, stay in a good distance, please dont get too close. And I dont hate them at all. You people are right, there could be prescious things inside them, I did know that and I judge things very carefully before I throw them away. I have to say they do have something, but have been through that much hatred from people around make them lose their own confidence and that's why it's hard to know what special skill that they have, they never show up again.
Anyway, if you're a very kind person then I believe you can be friend with whoever you want but I wish I were there to see how you take the ridiculous looks from others. Try your best. If you abandon that one again because you cant take it no more then tell me. I'm always ready to hear things like this -.~

Yes it does seem people get a bit touchy when it comes to these matters
And as imperfect humans..... we find ourself being hypocrites.... we sometimes think there is nothing more repulsive as imperfection and from that yet we contradict our own existence

There is no limit to our greed
We always want more therefore we cannot be perfect because there is almost more to improve on

And it is considerable where we should draw the line of perfection (which does not truely exist in reality) or who decides the standards

Obviously as imperfect humans, I do not believe that a mere creatures that have just evolved just one step from protohumans can acchieve something that we do not even percieve
After all, everything in this world exist based on something that already does exist

And right now..... I'm confused myself from what I've just said

And truth is only truth if we accept it as truth
Nobody can determine the rectitude of ethical morals or any else human based thesis
It's not perfect... that's why we humanity never cease to improve
Because we always find ourselves lacking

Peer pressure affect me to the minimal amount
I can care less about what others think
Because it always differs
I will probably get both criticism and support from the same action
So why bother when I am not perfect myself?

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

Unless we are immortals, the only thing that can be kept beautiful is the heart of one's soul. :)

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

don`t know ...in our world too many people tend to be superficial and perhaps they are right
you can`t analyze every small thing that happens every day o.O

if God was kind enough with you giving you nice looks you will probably have more chances to do what you want in life

hygiene and style are very important to me..it is not enough to look nice

the other day a guy that I just met said to me that I am a beautiful girl ..but coming from a guy ohh well ^_^'
they try their luck

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

catfromsaturn

catfromsaturn

Unassuming Local Guy

I consider myself to be unattractive (and that's probably the consensus amongst others lol), but it's something I've largely accepted. When it comes to other people I've been attracted to in real life, looks weren't important. I thought they were beautiful because of who they were as people. I didn't stop being attracted to them until they hurt me in some significant way and proved themselves to be less-than-beautiful on the inside.

However, when it comes to anime girls... I'd say appearance and personality are equally important there. I don't think of myself as superficial, but I've done my fair share of swooning.

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

It depends on what your view of appearance is (no pun intended).Is how gorgeous or handsome you can be? Or is it how you perceive yourself towards others? It's alright to be alittle narcissistic if you got the looks,but don't be so superficial your ego clouds your judgement,because looks aren't everything and you'll realize that what people like about you might just be your face instead of what suppose to count:your personality,and that's if you had one to begin with.

Now if you're going for how you dress and all,then yes,you ought to be presentable enough to go out into public looking so fresh and so clean (Outkast song plug for the day).What you wear is on you,but you ought to have enough common sense to wear clean clothes and goom yourself.No one wants a face full of your funk.

In the personality department,THAT is the definitive and THAT is what should account the most for a person beyond looks and the clothes you wear.I can tell you now that I did not consider myself the most attractive person coming up,I think other of that now considering that I had long hair and it made me look better,with people liking it.However,what got people the most was my personality,I wasn't the most talkative and I was moody growing up but people befriended me regardless especially since I stood out as unique with my interest in drawing,anime,and music.

In parting,looks are a plus,it's the first thing alot of people are going to look at,however,your personality is what ought to shine for you.That to me is what beauty and appearance is,even if it's not on my mine all the time.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Oh, since I'm just a mind-digger, I dont care much about others but me, yes, my first priority. To me, the ones those I did not like at the first impression (which contained both their outside and a short but clear summary of the inside) they are nothing but experimental rabbit (or just rats). When I said it was the most important thing, well it was the most important thing in YOU that PEOPLE can see and realize, not my standard. If I wanted to be a psichologist and I judged people by their looks then I was just a sucker.
I dont care how much if you look so ugly, I care how do you and people around you handle your and others' appearances. Those I said above ? Just some related anecdotes..... turns out it worked with all of you people.

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Ah,I see what you were getting at now Azusa. Yes,that's very try and one of the things I was talking about,your personality and how you conduct yourself is what people are going to reflect upon outside of your outward appearance.Doesn't hold up too well if you're the hottest thing on the block and have a venomous tongue.I knew a few people like that,couldn't stand to even talk to them after awhile.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.