Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rain Forests around the World becoming extinct! - Minitokyo

Rain Forests around the World becoming extinct!

Do you believe the RainForest should Be cut/burned?

Yes, cause i dont care about the After Math.
1 votes
YES, I dont care
0 votes
Ummmm...... whats a rainforest?
0 votes
No, we need the Rain Forest!
3 votes
No, thats just Stupid
1 votes
No!, we should protect the Rain Forests.
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

~Most Impossiblites Are Reality

Hello there i would like to know your opinion about the Rain Forests and about them being endangered if you dont care about being ecofriendly or about animal species being extinct or the fact that theres no more lushious biome. its tropical friendly deadly ancient and pretty... Or if you DONT know what a rain forest is well thats really sad so heres a link to tell you what a rain forest is.. Http://www.thewildclassroom.com/

About the Rain Forest=
Well heres what i thought about the rain foest being eliminated.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Of course i had other words to say, once i regained my composure.

x_x

Thesis Statement

To help save the Endangered Rain Forests, people must buy more locally grown goods giving less pressure to Rain Forests.

First Paragraph.

How can wood-mills and Farmers cut down our air suply for their short-term benifit.While what happens after that is flooding, extinct animals, tribes lost, and what more people need more than money is med's and those plants that can help are being cut or burned along with the rest of the Rain Forest Life. The Rain Forest consistes of our daily diet and luxuary known as coco, coffee, Bannana's........ to get these food products you have to cut the forest down! Removing the forest at its current rate is going to be disasterous, more than 50 species of Rain Forest life will be wiped out everyday. These old gigantic trees make a little more than 1/3 of our clean air supply, Daily. These special forests shouldnt be cut down because of what they give to us; Medicene, Homes, and Wonder.

Next Paragraph.

People should be warned that what they are doing is wrong, well guess what most people already know and they dont care. They dont care that the rain forest is important, basically the human kind is a non-dying parasite to these certain forests , these rain forests.
Through the 1992 to 1999 a show called captain Planet focused on what was destroying the enviorment which some folks didnt like it so after a few years Captain planet tvs kid show was canceled. There also a movie called FernGulley, now a Ferngulley2.

Last Paragraph.

More than twice the distruction is happening, here in 2007. As we travel from home to work on the cit bus or the underground train, our air supply is being cut back, land is being cleared, tribal homes are being lost, and amphibians, mammals, marsupials, insects, aquatic, plants, ancient trees and last bird life is being extinguished. All for what the demand of economys(...) food items! Its STUPID, stop cutting down the Rain Forest or earth will become in 1 centurys a WASTELAND.

Have a Good Day!

o_0

so please tell me what s your opinon on Rainforest deforestation.....

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

... is this going to be an essay you're going to hand in? Because you might want to watch your wording. There are a few spelling errors, grammatical errors and also extreme generalisations.

Like in the last paragraph, you wrote "Its STUPID, stop cutting down the Rain Forest or earth will become in 2 centurys a WATELAND."

... it's not just stupidity. It's greed. I'm sure the tree cutters are aware that they're doing something that'll cause irreversible damage to the environment.

There's nothing wrong with writing an essay that feels very strongly about a particular topic, but it needs to be balanced. From what I've read, you're very biased about cutting down rain forests.

It's not possible to cut down nothing. If we didn't cut them down, humans wouldn't be able to survive: we wouldn't have timber to build houses with, we wouldn't be here today.

I think the real argument is that now that we've got more than enough, we should drastically reduce cutting down rain forests. It's not possible to not cut down a single tree, unless you decide to have everyone live in houses made of straw bales (hey it's a great insulating and building material, but maybe it won't comply with some standards in terms of fire safety).

And I want to also add that earth becoming a wasteland is true, but it's not just ONLY the rainforests being cut down that'll contribute to this. It's consumer waste, plastic wrappings, chemical waste - these things play a role. I don't think it's entirely fair just to accuse the tree loggers.

Yes, they shouldn't be cutting down the trees, but you can't blame them for everything.

Last but not least, about Captain Planet, I don't think Captain Planet was exactly something groundbreaking. When we watch Captain Planet, we turn on our television, burn electricity to run it, eat our potato chips while we watch it etc. Just making Captain Planet itself wasn't very environmentally friendly. It didn't stop children from buying the latest Tazos, did it? It just made people aware, but it didn't have a definite effect to sway our consumer decisions.

And the reason why there's twice the destruction now, is not because Captain Planet was taken off air: it's because our population has increased, so has the economy, so have production rates.

That's something Captain Planet himself couldn't stop.

But aside from all that, I do agree that we should strop cutting down forests (and rain forests in particular). But I just wanted to let you know that it's not practical to just centre your argument on just rain forests.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

its not the loggers who are cutting down the rain forests, its people living in those countries who use it for farm land. all the things you listed as luxuries are trees. and "more than 50 species of Rain Forest life will be wiped out everyday" i dont know where you got that information but you may want to check that source. in a century the earth will lose less than one percent of of its species. this is more Environmental hysteria without hard scientific data to back it up. everyone says "When you waste paper you destroy a tree" what those people dont know is that we grow trees to harvest for paper and lumber. we have the same amount of forest today that we had a 100 years ago. when you order some hardwood flooring your really ordering more trees to be planted. i'm in agreement that we are harming the planet and i also agree that we should preserve the rain forest and it's wildlife, but dont hand me this. to get a better understanding of what i'm saying, try watching this:
Environmental Hysteria

P.S. i respect what you are doing. standing up for what you believe, but you need to make sure what you are standing up for is backed up by fact.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

Three loggers responsible for this?! :hmpf: maybe, but not entirely and they're just doing their job. This should be addressed to officials and authorities who're giving orders to cut down the trees.

Cutting dow the trees has its own reasons, some of them are cut down for making improvements in our life. When you're walking down the street, or driving in a big high way you never think that there were some trees there, do you? Have you ever thought about that? If we are to show serious concern we should start it from our own lives.

All we need to do is to balance things. We have technological improvement, so yes, cutting down the trees, as kuroimisa said, shoudl be reduced but not entirly stopped. There are materials and elements that can replace them but we still do need timber and any products comming from trees.

and is not only rainforest everything concernig ecosystem is degrading veeeeeery fast u_u
in some program i heard that we have like.... 10 years i think
to reverse all the damage we have caused to the envioroment, if dont do it well have a looooong looooong list of bad stuff well have to go through (and we are already going through right now)
ex. extreme hot climate, tsunamis, eartquackes and other terrible things given to us by our selfishness

NEoo.. Save the monkeys.. Yeah, greed is partial to deforestation, but living environments suitable for humans is a must. I think the Amazon is being heavily protected now.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Quote by telapicoex. extreme hot climate, tsunamis, eartquackes and other terrible things given to us by our selfishness

earthquakes and Tsunamis are natural events. We have no effect on them. They happen as a result of tectonic plates sliding and grinding against each other. this is what i'm talking about. do some of your own research before you start talking about a certain topic.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Amazon rainforest deforestation is now mainly due to pressures for increased farming and grazing lands and not profiting just from sale of the trees (although that does happen as well its a very small sliver of the overall problem). The solution is fairly easy but everyone has to adopt it. Simply work in an environmentally manageable way. Tree farmers who supply trees for lumber, paper, and various other products manage their lands to produce the most useful trees. This means that after they raze part of their holding, they burn it out or plow it under and replant more trees continuing a cycle that has been ongoing for a long time.
The issue of certain types of trees being harvested illegally is due to them being "old" growth trees that take substantial amounts of time to grow to useable sizes (redwoods, mahoganys, teaks, etc...)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

I belive all of you but my topic is just RainForsts sorry but i would like to include your other statements. Sorry plastics, garbage and other ancient forests dont count. ~Sorry~

merged: 12-08-2007 ~ 04:23am

Quote by maverickmechanic
"everyone says "When you waste paper you destroy a tree" what those people dont know is that we grow trees to harvest for paper and lumber. we have the same amount of forest today that we had a 100 years ago."

Not exactly True.

First of all when rainforests are cut down they cant grow back because the soil is "bad" and becomes compacted and useless.
nothing can ever come back. no one is really thinking of the future WHEN it comes to cutting the VERY complicated rainforest BIOME.

and it is backed up by fact.

merged: 12-08-2007 ~ 04:30am

Quote by ealpha-scorpioThree loggers responsible for this?! :hmpf: maybe, but not entirely and they're just doing their job. This should be addressed to officials and authorities who're giving orders to cut down the trees.

Ummm...Ya but whats it do for the benifit of others.

Quote by ealpha-scorpio When you're walking down the street, or driving in a big high way you never think that there were some trees there, do you? Have you ever thought about that?

Yes its painstaking!

Quote by ealpha-scorpioAll we need to do is to balance things. We have technological improvement, so yes, cutting down the trees, as kuroimisa said, shoudl be reduced but not entirly stopped. There are materials and elements that can replace them but we still do need timber and any products comming from trees.

Yes but the rainforest is home to hundreds of animals not including those that still live in tribal time, thats Brazil and Africa.
if it continues to be cut down those people are going to be in so much of a loss.

merged: 12-08-2007 ~ 04:33am

Quote by WingPilot2NEoo.. Save the monkeys.. Yeah, greed is partial to deforestation, but living environments suitable for humans is a must. I think the Amazon is being heavily protected now.

Not really just a few 100 acres saved by Moviestars and Millionaries.

merged: 12-08-2007 ~ 04:35am

Quote by MnemethAmazon rainforest deforestation is now mainly due to pressures for increased farming and grazing lands and not profiting just from sale of the trees (although that does happen as well its a very small sliver of the overall problem). The solution is fairly easy but everyone has to adopt it. Simply work in an environmentally manageable way. Tree farmers who supply trees for lumber, paper, and various other products manage their lands to produce the most useful trees. This means that after they raze part of their holding, they burn it out or plow it under and replant more trees continuing a cycle that has been ongoing for a long time.
The issue of certain types of trees being harvested illegally is due to them being "old" growth trees that take substantial amounts of time to grow to useable sizes (redwoods, mahoganys, teaks, etc...)

the ground is useless for anything once it is cut burned and moved out....
if the soil's nutriants is removed what happens is less plants with strong roots dont grow and what happens is mudslides and floods.....

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Quote by animekikyoustormelissaQuote:
"everyone says "When you waste paper you destroy a tree" what those people dont know is that we grow trees to harvest for paper and lumber. we have the same amount of forest today that we had a 100 years ago."

Not exactly True.

First of all when rainforests are cut down they cant grow back because the soil is "bad" and becomes compacted and useless.
nothing can ever come back. no one is really thinking of the future WHEN it comes to cutting the VERY complicated rainforest BIOME.

ummm... dont you think it would be very costly to cut down a tree AND ship it all the way over here. i was talking about our own trees here in the states, not the rain forest. you went on about the "Tribes" there. havent you heard of the "Slash and Burn" method of tree clearing that they themselves use? they strip the bark so the tree cant get water, and it dies. then they burn the dead area to the ground. they use the land for farming. please stop repeating what the environmentalists say. they have their own agenda or didnt you watch the video i posted? we here in the states dont have anything to do with rain forests in South America. the only rain forest we deal with is the temperate rain forest of the Pacific Northwest. It is not a fact that nothing will ever grow back. that is a fallacy. plants will grow back. the reason why things dont grow well on the forest floor is because they cant get any sunlight. the canopy blocks almost all light from reaching the ground. without the canopy there is nothing to stop new trees from growing.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Quote by animekikyoustormelissathe ground is useless for anything once it is cut burned and moved out....
if the soil's nutriants is removed what happens is less plants with strong roots dont grow and what happens is mudslides and floods.....

Based on that response I'd say its fairly obvious you've never farmed before. The land in most of the Amazon basin is incredibly fertile and with good management could produce quite a bit with the land that has already been cleared and is in use for farming or cattle raising.
As for the land being useless after the trees are burned and/or removed you could not be more wrong in most cases. Fire is natures best reset method for forests and removing trees does not remove the nutrients from the soil. I know several places here in the US that regularly raze and sometimes burnout (weather and drought permitting) their properties after harvesting and prior to replanting cause it actually helps the area recover faster.
As for your comment on mudslides this is only an issue in areas with hilly terrain with no ground cover and is highly dependent on the type of soil (I've seen where untouched lush green hills have come apart due simply to too much rain and a fairly loose soil. As for floods there is no argument since deforestation has no link to flooding

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote by animekikyoustormelissa

Quote by WingPi(...) Save the monkeys.. Yeah, greed is partial to deforestation, but living environments suitable for humans is a must. I think the Amazon is being heavily protected now.[/quote

Moviestars? Like who? I can't think of any. I think the government of Brazil or something like that is doing something about it. The amazon is a natural wonder. You can't just cut the trees down of something like the Amazon. Sh#t.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

Quote by Mnemeth

Quote by animekikyoustormelissathe ground is useless for anything once it is cut burned and moved out....

Based on that response I'd say its fairly obvious you've never farmed before. The land in most of the Amazon basin is incredibly fertile and with good management could produce quite a bit with the land that has already been cleared and is in use for farming or cattle raising.
As for the land being useless after the trees are burned and/or removed you could not be more wrong in most cases.

No, i say that the soil in some places of Rain forest soil becomes useless because the soil is almost all clay. And mostly everyone on my road is a farmer or clear cutter. Ive had to cut and clear a few times in my life its not fun and i feel guilty about those young and extremly old trees but our field has to grow the pumpkins and other crops. Well not wheat or corn. Thats uncle dennis job. My mum and her family are farmers not to forget animal-people.
so to say im not a farmer is an insult to say i didnt put something clearly is another thing. plus i didnt say the amazon you twit i said rainforests i didnt actually say the amazon. Did you know that there are rain forests in africa, maylasia, india, china, australlia and some small parts in the carribbean. Okay when the ground is burned its only the first few inches and not a few feet only inches. although the soil is charred its alright for crops so long as you dig up the uncharred earth. When i meant moved out i meant all life surrounding the burned area. if someone toils the earth and plants seeds it will grow but non toiled earth will stay charred for quite sometime.... so dont say insults to people who are wrighting papers and whose family farms..

merged: 12-11-2007 ~ 02:20am

Quote by WingPilot2

Quote by animekikyoustormel(...) Save the monkeys.. Yeah, greed is partial to deforestation, but living environments suitable for humans is a must. I think the Amazon is being heavily protected now.[/quote

Moviestars? Like who? I can't think of any. I think the government of Brazil or something like that is doing something about it. The amazon is a natural wonder. You can't just cut the trees down of something like the Amazon. Sh#t.

im sorry but they have been doing it for yrs and the gov dosnt give a damn. so ummm russel crow i believe and someone who used to be really famous but i cant remember. Someone with brown hair but now its gray.

merged: 12-11-2007 ~ 02:24am

Quote by animekikyous(...)

Not exactly True.

nothing can ever come back. no one is really thinking of the future WHEN it comes to cutting the VERY complicated rainforest BIOME. [/quote

ummm... dont you think it would be very costly to cut down a tree AND ship it all the way over here. i was talking about our own trees here in the states, not the rain forest. you went on about the "Tribes" there. havent you heard of the "Slash and Burn" method of tree clearing that they themselves use? they strip the bark so the tree cant get water, and it dies. then they burn the dead area to the ground. they use the land for farming. please stop repeating what the environmentalists say. they have their own agenda or didnt you watch the video i posted? we here in the states dont have anything to do with rain forests in South America. the only rain forest we deal with is the temperate rain forest of the Pacific Northwest. It is not a fact that nothing will ever grow back. that is a fallacy. plants will grow back. the reason why things dont grow well on the forest floor is because they cant get any sunlight. the canopy blocks almost all light from reaching the ground. without the canopy there is nothing to stop new trees from growing.

umm actually dont get mad your right and i didnt mention it but a burned area theres a huge area for plants on the edges to creep out and grow in that sunlight. so after a few yrs that area is still charred but the life that could get that sunlight has now made it impossible to see from a plane view of the charred area....

merged: 12-11-2007 ~ 02:26am

Quote by animekikyous(...)

Not exactly True.

nothing can ever come back. no one is really thinking of the future WHEN it comes to cutting the VERY complicated rainforest BIOME. [/quote

you didnt say the states and its not very costly when you do it illegally or actually i think its a dollar for every few yrds.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Quote by animekikyoustormelissaNo, i say that the soil in some places of Rain forest soil becomes useless because the soil is almost all clay. And mostly everyone on my road is a farmer or clear cutter. Ive had to cut and clear a few times in my life its not fun and i feel guilty about those young and extremly old trees but our field has to grow the pumpkins and other crops. Well not wheat or corn. Thats uncle dennis job. My mum and her family are farmers not to forget animal-people.
so to say im not a farmer is an insult to say i didnt put something clearly is another thing. plus i didnt say the amazon you twit i said rainforests i didnt actually say the amazon. Did you know that there are rain forests in africa, maylasia, india, china, australlia and some small parts in the carribbean. Okay when the ground is burned its only the first few inches and not a few feet only inches. although the soil is charred its alright for crops so long as you dig up the uncharred earth. When i meant moved out i meant all life surrounding the burned area. if someone toils the earth and plants seeds it will grow but non toiled earth will stay charred for quite sometime.... so dont say insults to people who are wrighting papers and whose family farms..

Sorry if you felt insulted but given my background (farm and city raised) and your initial response can you blame me for making that assumption? I learned farming by doing it as well. I've cleared fields both by hand and with machines, I've planted and harvested (again both by hand and by machine) many different crops (corn, tomatoes, okra, potatoes, watermelons, cantaloupes, cabbage, carrots, etc....

I used the Amazon as an example because that is the region most people are familiar with. As for the other rain forests they are as varied as people are different so making a general statement dealing with "how things are" without specific examples would have gotten me a failing grade from a teacher that knows the subject especially since not all of them are actively threatened with deforestation (some of them face equally great threats such as the elimination of their native species do to over hunting).

As for the land staying charred for a long time that is also dependent on the area. I've seen sections of non-tropical forest here in the US start to recover (substantial new growth) in as little as 2 months with no outside help and be completely overgrown in the space of a year. While the trees may not be back in full force the land was not barren. I would expect many tropical or subtropical areas to start to recover even faster.

No, I do not believe that they should be cut and burned. We need the rainforests for many things. They provide a source of oxygen, medicines, cures for diseases, a lot of rare fruits and other food, and many different kinds of animals. There are many reasons why the rainforest is getting cut down, but people can get those things from other places. If it is for farmers, then it has been proven that the land becomes useless after a couple of years, so they should just find a place that the land will be good for a lot more time than that, instead of destroying the little bit of rainforests that we have left.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Quote by animekikyoustormelissa
im sorry but they have been doing it for yrs and the gov dosnt give a damn.

thats because the government dosent own the rain forest. talk to the South American countries if you want to get something done. most environmentalists are more socialist and anti-corporation than they are to protect the environment. thats why the man who founded the Green Peace organization left. he saw whst they were turning the movement into. if you dont believe me, then surely you will believe the former head of the GPO that this isnt backed up by hard fact, only the facts of the people who want you to believe what they do so they can gain power.

Quote:
umm actually dont get mad your right and i didnt mention it but a burned area theres a huge area for plants on the edges to creep out and grow in that sunlight. so after a few yrs that area is still charred but the life that could get that sunlight has now made it impossible to see from a plane view of the charred area....

oh dont misunderstand me, i'm not mad at you :) . you've done nothing to me, i'm only trying to get you on the right track. being an environmentalist is perfectly fine. i care about this planet as well, i just dont want to be told what is happening when i have seen the data and know the truth.

Quote:
you didnt say the states and its not very costly when you do it illegally or actually i think its a dollar for every few yrds.

i know. i thought i specified it, but i didn't, thats my fault. However, even though drugs, weapons, etc. are smuggled into this country, a tree is not something that can be hidden. and why would they need to ship trees in when we have plenty here? and why take the risk to do it "illegally"? and again, i don't know where you got the figure "a dollar a few yards" but the price of fuel for the ship alone would make that impossible. that doesn't count the cost for people who cut down and processed the tree for shipping. and here's another thing that doesn't make sense with what you said. there would also be no point in shipping one tree at a time. so lets say that some renegade company didn't care about cost or the risk to ship it "illegally" but simply wanted rain forest trees for the hell of it, they surely wouldn't ship it a few trees at a time. trees are very big and heavy, so they would need a ship large enough to handle the weight and volume of the trees as well as a crane to do the same. if it was "Illegal" then it would certainly raise a few flags at the shipping yard.

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

Quote by kuroimisa... is this going to be an essay you're going to hand in? Because you might want to watch your wording. There are a few spelling errors, grammatical errors and also extreme generalisations.

Like in the last paragraph, you wrote "Its STUPID, stop cutting down the Rain Forest or earth will become in 2 centurys a WATELAND."

i fixed it so there......... >=0! T_T :D

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote: i fixed it so there......... >=0!

... sorry, what did you fix? I can still see all the spelling mistakes ^_^' You also took my quote out of context.
I copied and pasted that particular sentence because it was a generalisation... not because of the spelling of "wasteland" (or "centuries", for that matter).

FYI, "distruction" is "destruction" and "luxuary" is "luxury". There are many more, but it doesn't matter. ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

i think that all that is part of the world, i mean nature is meant to be protected...

we need to protect those forests... we need to stop the damage that we provoke to the nature...

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

Quote by Nubesi think that all that is part of the world, i mean nature is meant to be protected...

we need to protect those forests... we need to stop the damage that we provoke to the nature...

Yes your right....

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Nature does indeed need to be protected and that is best accomplished through good stewardship, not taking more that what is actually needed, and working to replace what you take.

its true.. cuttin em down sucks.... =/ cause it endangers creatures and such........ BUT on the other side of the spectrum.. if you don't cut em down... thats gonna screw up a lot of peoples jobs and they get laid off... sure they'll live... but like..... really really poor.... when it comes to it.. you are not really allowed to say which species is above others but..... if you were to pick... i think i'd rather save a persons live than a birds lol.... sorry if it sounds mean but ... its reality in my thought =/

what kind of dumbass question is that, of caurse not

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.