Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpapers/Vectors/Scans Stealing from MT - Minitokyo

Wallpapers/Vectors/Scans Stealing from MT

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Quote: Minitokyo, members and affiliates will do all to protect it's members from such copyright violation.

u say you DO ALL to protect ur members from such copyright violation
i just wonder what certainly are you doing?
i think that u do NOTHING, because 50% of artworks/scans posted in MT get stolen the next day
all the imgboards have our vectors/walls/scans
i constantly see the vectors of my friends, and even my own vectors in 4chan, e-shuushuu, anime chronicles etc
and whats the most insulting is that they even remove our tags so they have clean versions.

im just tired of that injustice and i hope MT will start doing AT LEAST SOMETHING to "protect it's members from such copyright violation"

i'd ban all the members that have a 0 participation level here
im 100% sure that its them who steal everything from here
and i'd also take away the free downloads
credits system is quite useless because of those free downloads [i have X credits and i never use them, because i have 5 free downloads everyday which is like enough]

so i hope that MT staff will find a resolution of that problem

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets

Xenosapien.

ahm.
THIS IS THE INTERNET.
what more can you do?

Momoka-chan

Momoka-chan

~Funditza Mov~

I'm new and when I submit something here, almost all my scans get deteled because "there's another one". So, I am not contributing to this site with.. nothing. Should I be banned? I never stole something from here, and I don't think it's right for you to say "im 100% sure that its them who steal everything from here".

The free download I think it's good, in my opinion I think it's a shame to disable it. I don't have that much credits, and sometimes I find some really good scans which I want to download.

Anyway, the decision is not mine. I hope this whole thing with "stealing art" will end [though I don't think so, the Internet is HUGE ^_^'].

Ps. I'm really sorry for you, but it's nothing I can do ^^' Maybe the moderators/administrators can help.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Believe me, I do a lot of work on TheOtaku.com, to prevent ripping. I've reported a lot of wallpapers (more than 20) ripped from here. For example, 2 days ago I reported a girl whose wallpaper used a Inuyasha wallpaper from here as a background.

Wow, now that's a lot of credits ^_^' I have X and don't use them too often either X-P You know, there used to be 30 free downloads in the past, so I think it's a very good idea to reduce them to 5. For me, the lack of free downloads is not a problem, but I'm sure it would be for others who don't have as many credits as me or you.

As for stopping other people from posting our vectors/wallpapers/scans on image boards and such, we can't do anything. Like PastorOfMuppets said, this is the Internet and no one can really control it.

Participation level? I don't know if you've noticed this, but the mods have eliminated the levels (it's all in the Minitokyo Maigetsu #6). It is a good idea, in my opinion, since those levels weren't really relevant. Anyway, what level are you referring to: artistic or participation? Because there are a lot of people who don't submit wp's/vectors/scans, but who are very active on the forums/in groups.

[by the way, since when are you emo? XD ]

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

^
ur participation level is definitely not 0 ~_~
u have a sig, avie, smth on ur userpage, favourites, wallpapers, ur not the one to be banned, relax
just check the gallery before submitting anything dude, it helps XD
u dont have to be sorry for me, i dont really care, but its just the fact that MT's saying "we do everything to protect u" and actually they do nothing as i see

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

You are certainly a talented artist, but I am always surprised at just how angry & agitated all of your posts are. Time to switch to decaff.

We do everything we can do to stop people from posting ripped wallpapers & art here, but we can not stop people from posting them on ripping sites like 4Chan. If it is hosted on another fan-site we can contact them and request that the items be removed.

However, there are thousands of sites on the internet, most of them we've never even heard of! After all, we're only human, need to eat, sleep, go to work, earn money to put food on the table, etc. In the time that real life takes up, we're expected to be scouring the billions of internet pages for every wallpaper that was ever posted on MiniTokyo. Its unrealistic. So if we haven't spotted it, then someone else needs to tell us about it!

When someone posts a ripped piece of art here at MiniTokyo, then the item is deleted and they receive an official warning. If they continue to do this we can either restrict their membership, or ban them.

It is a sad fact, but there is an extremely high percentage of members who join and in a desperate bid to post ANYTHING they submit wallpapers with the phrase 'not my scan', because they just don't understand the difference. Just yesterday I had to issue a warning to someone who tried to argue that they never claimed that they made the wallpaper & that we should introduce a drop-down-box feature that says 'not mine' or 'self made' when submitting wallpapers. Clearly they had not even bothered to read through the Support pages, or the Policy when they registered.

It doesn't matter where you post your stuff on the internet, it is doomed to be eventually ripped. Items come here from all sorts of sites I've never heard of. Personally I've even seen my own less-popular scans turn up randomly on some Russian website. I host my own free-scans site, but people still try to post them at AP, or here!

Ripping happens. It is a fact of life that the instant something appears on the internet it will be whored off across the rest of the net whether we like it or not. We can not stop it from happening, but we do our best to fight it.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

How is it possible to let people download images and then not have them post them elsewhere? This is why we have 5 Free Downloads : so that people can share the link of your item and get others to download themself. But no, people tend to upload images on the net because it's faster that way, faster than signing up for an account.

Sure, we can ask other imageboards to regulate their boards and remove all images from Minitokyo, but the thing is, it's not effective. We can't say to certain people on the internet "please don't remove people's signatures, that's a violation of blah blah" when most of these people who do it are anonymous.

I don't want to sound rude, but moderators spend enough time ON Mt to delete images that members have uploaded because of ignorant members not reading the Policy. I don't have time to browse many other image boards, and I can't say that I recognise every single item in the gallery, especially when it increases every day. And 50% of Minitokyo's gallery posted elsewhere - you mean, simultaneously across the internet? I'm not sure about that statistic.

And to say that you want to ban everyone on "level 0" is a very very big claim. What if these level 0 people don't post or don't submit, yet are the ones who go around reporting objects? I don't think it's fair to say that all level 0 people are the ones who rip.

And if you WERE on level 0, you wouldn't have any credits. And that way you could only download 5 items per day. So how would they rip off 50% of Minitokyo's gallery? Obviously they'd submit other stuff they find. Then we'd ban them, and that's what we do.

And since they're so efficient at removing signatures, they probably have the ability to then even remove watermarks. If this is the case, then these people with quite good photoshop skills wouldn't have to be level 0 because they have their own skills and can make their own artworks and submit them to the gallery.

It's not a crime to be level 0.
It's not fair to say it's just level 0 people taking images off Minitokyo - they don't have the credits or the credit power to rip off the entire Minitokyo gallery.

I want to also add that it's not just Minitokyo who has this reponsibility:

Quote: Minitokyo, members and affiliates will do all to protect it's members from such copyright violation.

Members and Affiliates too.

I've been a moderator for more than a year already, and to date I don't recall any member asking me about their work being ripped on another site. Until now, that is. You're the first.

What *I* personally can do:

If a member approaches me, I WILL email the administrator or site owner and ask them to take all the images down. That's the least and probably the most I can do. Why? Because we don't own the other sites on the net. We can't tell them exactly what they can or can't do, but we can try to help persuade them.

We won't do nothing if our attention is brought to a particular thing. I don't give a flying toss about imageboards on the internet so I wouldn't know if my work was being ripped or not. I perhaps will if someone gave me the url and an email address I can contact.

Again I don't intentionally intend to snub, but telling other members how many credits you have is not allowed, so I'm removing all the credit numbers from this thread. I don't think it's a valid argument to say "I have X credits, we should get rid of the FDQ", anyway.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Obviously, you can't do anything to stop it. It will flow like an endless river. Internet is huge, remember. Not all imageboards we know, or rather visit. I personally think it's useless to think about this in such critical way. Of course, prevention is better than cure.

I absolutely disagree if you want the FDQ to be nuked. If you're a noob and don't have any credits, how should you wall something from the MT scans since they required credits?

sandumirabela

sandumirabela

-Return to Innocence-

Abul I think you are wrong,no one is stealing your work....stealing would mean that someone takes your wallpaper and puts his/her name on it.And by the way you always see that idea of "not my scan" so how can you say people still from you,it's december a month where you should be more tolerant and except that if I see a "stolen" vector like you say it I always see it with the owner's name on it,so that isn't stealing.Plus many people don't say "oh,you can't post that somewhere else".I've truelly seen people saying "don't upload these without my permission" and I was even going to ask for someone's permission to upload in a forum one or two of her scans.You are being unreasonable here one is ripping,stealing and another thing is sharing beautiful art without saying that it is your own,actually I personally haven't seen anyone in one of the imageboards saying that a certain vector is theirs or something and besides that there are people who vector two in those imageboards that are members over here and in other places too!
Plus I don't know what you are expecting MT to do,the policy of MT it's only for MT it doesn't affect in anyway other sites,other sites are payed and sustained by their own owners as well as MT,you can't expect MT to put a policy for another site first of all and secondly vectors as much as I like them and as beautiful they are are also a recoloring of someone's art,a re-making of someone else's art so if we consider that we could say that would be stealing too,like I said try to accept some things this is the world you live in and I don't know why you see it as someone doesn't respect you,for me I would be happy to see that my art(not too good) would be posted in another place but of course that it will still keep my name on it!
And I don't get it why would you ban a member with almost zero participation,some people have work,have kids,have more important matters than MT,some people have a life,I too have lately more important matters than MT so I am usually not here so try to accept some things some of your requests will never be like you imagine,I've gone through many things so I prefer being realistic and you should try that too,what you are asking will not happen and it isn't because MT doesn't do something,plus MT is just a little site among an enormous number of sites!

-Return to Innocence-
Signature Image
sigi and ava made by dianas for Mira-chan ;)

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

as someone mentioned once what are wallpapers/scans..etc?
they are images that we use for our desktop screen..I personally change my desktop wallpaper almost every day

solution: when you see a ripped wallpaper that you recognize try to report it on the site where you have seen it
and that is all

this is the internet guys everything is shared even your works, my works..etc

+ I agree with what Mirabela said

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

sandumirabela

sandumirabela

-Return to Innocence-

Yeah it's like Dianas said and like I told you one thing is ripping and another one sharing without changing something from the wall or vector!

-Return to Innocence-
Signature Image
sigi and ava made by dianas for Mira-chan ;)

adbul... can try putting some small prints in certain areas of ur work so that pple would have a hard time cleaning it?

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Well this is new.

Quote by abuli'd ban all the members that have a 0 participation level here

And that is why you aren't able to, and as long as I'm on the staff, you will not be. We have enough of a reputation as fascists already.
Personally *I* would bann all the people who are so caught up in their own angst that they spout ridiculous accusations because they've confused the job of the local moderators with the job of other websites' moderators.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

dizzy-me

@.@

Quote by abul

u say you DO ALL to protect ur members from such copyright violation
i just wonder what certainly are you doing?
i think that u do NOTHING, because 50% of artworks/scans posted in MT get stolen the next day
all the imgboards have our vectors/walls/scans
i constantly see the vectors of my friends, and even my own vectors in 4chan, e-shuushuu, anime chronicles etc
and whats the most insulting is that they even remove our tags so they have clean versions.

im just tired of that injustice and i hope MT will start doing AT LEAST SOMETHING to "protect it's members from such copyright violation"

i'd ban all the members that have a 0 participation level here
im 100% sure that its them who steal everything from here
and i'd also take away the free downloads
credits system is quite useless because of those free downloads [i have X credits and i never use them, because i have 5 free downloads everyday which is like enough]

so i hope that MT staff will find a resolution of that problem

abul-san, i know that you are quite mad and angry when you found all your hardwork being ripped and posted on other sites as i do saw some of 'em on the sites that you've mentioned. I'm really feel sorry for you, but please dont let such unpleasant events influence your upcoming artworks, will always support your work here in MT :)

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Quote by saikusaIt doesn't matter where you post your stuff on the internet, it is doomed to be eventually ripped.

Enough said.
I'm not a wallpaper/vector artist, I'm not skilled with Photoshop (too lazy to learn it...). But I do scan my stuff and I'm glad when someone downloads or shares them. I'd be the same if I were good enough to do wallpapers/vectors/doujinshi. It would be a sign of appreciation of my work to me, someone gets my stuff and likes it enough to re-share it or do whatever he/she wants with it. Internet is a Big Sharing Machine, just deal with it.
About members with a 0 participation level, you're damn wrong. FDQ set to 5 gallery items a day is enough for anybody to get what they want and isn't enough for leechers. Totally agree with kuroimisa and what she said about this matter.
After all, you'd better keep in mind that MT's not only about getting gallery items. People come here for forums and reviews too and those people are probably what you're calling "0 participation level members".

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Well in an enormous multi-lateral society as the internet, justice is bleak and there is virtually nothing that cant be ripped
So if you want to keep if from being ripped, I think you should just keep it for yourself
And by downloading scans and using them as wallpaper materials, we are ripping other people's work as well although it may not be illegal in accordance to the law

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Quote by vatican92And by downloading scans and using them as wallpaper materials, we are ripping other people's work as well although it may not be illegal in accordance to the law

Totally agreed!

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by kayurachan

Quote by vatican92And by downloading scans and using them as wallpaper materials, we are ripping other people's work as well although it may not be illegal in accordance to the law

Totally agreed!

Totally disagreed.

Please remember that MiniTokyo is here as a graphic resource; to purposefully provide High Quality scans for others to use in their wallpapers. Extracting the imagery of a scan to use in a wallpaper is not the same as taking someone else's wallpaper, 'cleaning' out the signature & then posting it somewhere else on the internet as your own.

abul may be a little extreme in his hatred of faceless lurkers, but his original point is still valid. There ARE people who see MiniTokyo as a goldmine of scans & wallpapers to post on other sites. We do not want to discourage wallpaper-less members from enjoying the site (after all, I started out like that) but sites like MiniTokyo & AnimePaper are far far more enjoyable when you contribute something... but when you see someone post your own stuff your initial reaction is anger. It is emotionally draining when you discover someone who casually steals the work that you have put hours of work & imagination into.

The idea of banning all the lurkers is Draconian to the point that it makes it impossible for new members to join who want contribute. We can not punish those who haven't done anything wrong, or ban the future members. So ultimately it comes down to a personal choice. Create a wallpaper but then keep it to yourself, or share your new wallpaper with the world & pray it doesn't get ripped...

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Abul-kun, honestly, what do you think they can do? This is the internet. If you post something, it will spread, without question. That can't be stopped.
I often see my own vectors and wallpapers on imageboards. Usually the signature is still there. Sometimes though, someone will have made a transparent PNG out of it so the sig is gone. There's not much I can do about it. So when I see someone using it in a wallpaper, I'll just let them know that this is a vector I made and would they please credit me. And they do, so all's fine. I also often report wallpapers at other sites that have used ripped work.
Even if someone removes your signature, what are they going to do with it? If they make a wall out of it, you'll probably end up seeing it, and you can say it's yours. If someone put their own name on it, there's enough people on the net that already know it's yours, and it'll get reported left and right.
Anyways all the valid points have been made already. But let me ask you, what would you do if you were a mod at MT?

Signature

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote by SaikusaSo ultimately it comes down to a personal choice. Create a wallpaper but then keep it to yourself, or share your new wallpaper with the world & pray it doesn't get ripped...

I agree with Saikusa on this one. That's the only real way to protect your work, as it's extremely easy to steal wallpapers without anyone even noticing and altering them to appear as if they made them. The Moderators can only do so much, and blaming them for ripping that occurs isn't fair. It's difficult enough for them just to catch the mishaps going on here at Minitokyo, and expecting them to be omnisciently aware of what's happening all over the internet is absurd. We have to look out for each other as members and do what we can when we spot ripping.

When it comes to wallpapers I don't mind other sites posting my wallpapers, as long as people don't start claiming the work as their own. I also hold on to all of my .psd files so that if I ever catch someone ripping I'll be able to prove the work is mine, but I know that isn't a cure-all solution either. I hate it even more when my personal artwork is stolen, so I can understand why you're furious. Just try not to make scapegoats out of the Moderators and Newbies. There are always going to be people wanting to rip from other sites, but just because a person has low participation doesn't mean they are the ones at fault. There are plenty of newtimers around here that want to be an honest part of the community, make friends, participate and improve, but sometimes it can take awhile to get started and get the hang of things. And I think we'd all find that even if we banned all of the people with low statistics that the ripping would still continue... -_-

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by SaikusaCreate a wallpaper but then keep it to yourself, or share your new wallpaper with the world & pray it doesn't get ripped...

I second that. Just keep your works in a very cute folder so that no one will see, you'll have 100% chance of not getting ripped.

Quote by ASH-HikariI also often report wallpapers at other sites that have used ripped work.

That's what we (Minitokyo) should do. Report stuffs, and prove to the moderators at the other sites that it was really yours (by showing the .psd files). That's what I called prevention.

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

I dont think there`s need to be angry for ripped work, I have seen my work in some sites (as well as ash-hikari`s), but doesnt that prove that your work is really really good for others to post them in other sites? I think you shouldnt be so furious...
but I was thinking about this with another member of minitokyo a time ago and I have seen tons and tons of magazines, stickers, cd covers with work of minitokyo (I can scan them if you want to see them) and that`s funny, I think, not a matter to be furious, just think "my stuff is famous!"
and about people with 0 level, I think it`s not fair for them, I mean, they may be newbies and dont know anything

Saa-chan

Saa-chan

ninja medical student

yeah, I've seen my scans at other sites with the tag removed, and scans i've posted on lj posted elsewhere, but there's nothing we can do about it... ^^;;

I must agree with all the people here...the staff from MT or anyone can't actually do anything...That's the Internet and we'll have to deal with it.
Very often I find my vectors or walls on imageboards but even if u'd mention in the description that your work shouldn't be posted anywhere else there will always be someone who will not read that or will not respect it...
I think all we can do is to pray that they won't be stolen...lol...or at least the watermark/sig won't be removed...

My Latest Wallpaper: Midnight Portrait | My Latest Vector: Asuka

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.