page 1 of 1 15 total items

Cancel

Okay, this really is just a weird little topic.

Okay, just talk about ideas on stopping time, nothing to do with going back in time, but just stopping it.

Okay, my thought about it is that it really depends on the point of view on how you're looking at time, but in my terms, it is the changes between one moment and another, which is impossible if one is still active and you're stopping time.

Then another thing arises (for me) is that if you were to stop time, that means light would be stopped... and we need light to see, and since we technically stopped time, we pretty much lost all vision. >.>

Heh, go figure, now whats your thought?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

• Dec 10, 2007

asakurazero

I fear THE jam

Cancel

well since its not humanly possible you would need a suit that allows you to go so fast that you have the illusion that the time is stopped but no you are way to fast to the normal time and space.

thats is my though and how to do it holy molly we need a lot of power to go faster than the light

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Cancel

well, i can't figure it well ^_^' but that reminds me of something XD If you have watch Superman TV series starring Dean Cain, one of the episodes deals with the villain pausing the universal time, a day just before the Christmas. this resulted the people becoming depressed >_>

oh, i'm talking crap again ^_^' well, actually when we ponder carefully, we would be appreciating the time that's ticking non stop. a stopped time makes life bored. time is what makes our life keep revolving with different things everyday XD

but scientifically, time is just a measurement unit, not really a force >.> if otherwise, does stopping the time means halting every movement everywhere? (did i get your point btw? <.<)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Cancel

Would time be stopped... or frozen in a perpetual state? If actually stopped, there wouldn't be light. If it was frozen in a perpetual state, there'd still be light if it was shining in the first place. Right?

...that's if you can protect yourself from being 'halted' as well...

...oww my brain... XD

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

Cancel

Freezing time for a short while is interesting but the concept of making it permanently stopped it gets too boring

• Dec 10, 2007
Cancel

The only way to stop time, would be to go at the speed of light, going faster would start to send you back (going faster than light is impossible though). Time would slow down for you, and could probably cross the universe in billions of years and have had no time go by for you, being as young as you were when you started. Other than that, youd have to mess with the fabric of the space time continuum, I would think.

• Dec 11, 2007

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Cancel

you just have to move faster (a lot faster) than everything else for the illusion of time being stopped. The problem would be you touching anything would pretty much do lots of harm (think of a bullet hitting something...)

Cancel

But the only issue with moving faster than light, is that its not actually stopping it, but its what boojitsu said, an illusion. Well, one fun thing to think about is, if you were moving that fast, what happens if you make a sudden stop, would your bones like... rip out? (ewww)

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

• Dec 11, 2007

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

I don't know why but this brought up harry potter hehe nothing personal but it was that necklace thingie she wore in one of those movies so she get to class or something (I've seen it once sorry to those diehard fans) but in truth I think it is possible to stop time, well not in technology sense, it was like this movie I was watching where she took pictures and it "stopped time" for but an instant...right now I believe that is all that is possible but I believe in time we will actually be able to do this, but then comes the question what will happen when such thing is invented...more crime, unable to stop the criminal, and more...so bad invention...good idea though hehe although we could secretly create it and never release it to the world :D

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

Cancel

I like your deduction that without light bouncing off into our eyes, we would be blind.

But in my opinion, stopping time is absolutely useless. If you stop time, there's really nothing you can do...Since you are inside the timestream thingy, if you stop it nothing can move, not your brain or eyes or body or nerves. It makes no difference. Also not having your nerves move means you cant think or feel or do anything...you can't even start time back up..........

• Dec 19, 2007
Cancel

it would be fun, i'd go to Pizza Hut and steal every pizza

• Dec 26, 2007
Cancel

If galaxies make up the universe, and there are many universes, which are connected by time, it is possible to dislodge part of the time flow so the events are not moved.

• Dec 30, 2007

Ravenstar90

Ravenstar90

{ Innocent Smiley }

Cancel

If people could stop time, it would be either for the whole entire universe or just the earth. If it was just the earth then it would be true about the light and stuff like that. But wouldn't we not know if time was being stopped?

• Dec 30, 2007

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Cancel

if people could stop time, there would be more crimes

Signature

Cancel

I'd probably go raid a bank and peep under hot babes' skirts. :D

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.