Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's with the Groups? - Minitokyo

What's with the Groups?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

I'm kinda confused. I don't know anything about groups....Are they the ones who give highlights and ellite gallerys to good wallpapers? And should I post my wallpapers in the guestbook of my groups to get an elite gallery or something? Please Help me... :sweat:

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

groups, from my take, are just gatherings of people with liked interests...people do post their pics and normally they do make it to elite a short time later...but nothing wrong with trying to post and see what other's think :) hope this helps :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

The people who give highlights and add to works to the elite gallery are Moderators (their usernames show up in a gold color). Moderators will generally add works to the elite gallery if it is what they deem to be a very good quality work, and if the person who made the piece of art provides a detailed description of that work.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Moved to Minitokyo Discussion.

To know more about Group and other things, read this thread : Userguide to Minitoyko 3: credits, browsing, groups and more.

Quote: Groups are places where people can join together to discuss the topic at hand or meet people with similar interests. The groups can be accessed through the Groups link on the Main Menu. To join a group, go to the group page and click "Apply for Group" located on the left hand menu. This will then be sent to the group Admins/Mods for approval.

To create a new group: As previously stated, to create a new group costs 100 credits. At this point in time there is no search feature for the groups section, but if you want to create a new group please do your best to check that one hasn't already been created. Otherwise your group could be deleted.

As for Elite gallery, the Moderators and Elite-members have the ability to move items to elite gallery. But only the moderators can highlight items. There's nothing to do with group actually.

To add more about elited items, this was taken from the Policy:

Quote: The Art Gallery contains two classifications, the General and the Elite Gallery. The Elite Gallery contains submissions of notably high quality. Members have the option to view only the Elite Gallery or both. Inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery is the sole discretion of the Minitokyo staff. You may not request that your submissions be added to the Elite Gallery.

The following criteria determine the inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery:

* Completed artwork which shows no immediately apparent or significant technical or compositional weaknesses.
* Artwork that demonstrate thoughtful incorporation of a variety of techniques, proper placement of focal point, balanced composition, and expression of concepts or emotions.
* Proper descriptions must be included for consideration for inclusion in the Elite Gallery. Proper descriptions should generally include: number of layers, brushes/effects/techniques used, links to scans or stock images in the submission, proper credit to members for scans/scan websites/vectors, collaborating artists if relevant, difficulties and obstacles encountered in creating the artwork, time spent, and the artist's personal judgment on how effectively the piece achieve the original concepts.

Thanx everyone! :3

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Just wanted to add that you might get confused because in some gallery submissions the descriptions say "highlighted by this group".

Some groups do give highlights to the members of their group to encourage them to submit items for that particular group (example, Gundam Seed).

These items are featured on the group pages.

The REAL highlighted items have under the thumbnail This item is highlighted. This means that the Moderators have highlighted it, and they are featured on the front page of Minitokyo. When you browse the gallery, you can choose to browse through highlighted items only.

Perhaps that might have cleared up any confusion :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.