Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Popularity vs. Moderator Opinion - Minitokyo

Popularity vs. Moderator Opinion

Popularity vs. Moderator Opinion

Mods know best! I'm pleased only by their praising!
4 votes
I'm happy only when my wallpaper gets to be top favorite'd
3 votes
Both please XD
15 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

It always feels good when a moderator praises your art and gently stuffs it in the 'elite gallery' items.
But...
You also get to see (quite often) at the 'most popular' category, wallpapers that don't even have an 'elite gallery'. What can you do? People love them!
And, checking on artists you realize that some 'elite gallery' items have a few favorites. Why? The amount of work is enormous, and it's way better than a brushy colorful wallpaper with a long haired smiling anime girl.
Now... What do you think it really matters? Or what do you like best? When your wallpaper makes it to the 'elite gallery' or when everyone loves it, but it's not your best?
The 'highlights' don't count, who would complain on the supreme MT art honor X-P ?

Signature

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

I love getting lots of support from members, and if my art doesn't make the elite gallery but is still popular, I'm usually happy because at least I know some people enjoyed my work. However I get a bigger sense of accomplishment when I make the elite gallery. It makes me feel like my hard work paid off, that I've improved, and that I can still get better. That my work isn't bad, basically. And I admit that whenever I get something in the elite gallery it truly makes my day ^_^

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well, it's inevitable that the popular art will sometimes not be moved into the elite gallery, yet are favored by many of the members, because it's the "type" of wallpaper or art people just happen to like.

We introduced the elite gallery and the highlights because we felt that we needed a balance between popularity and quality. While the popular art wasn't necessarily bad in quality (most of them are pretty good - there was once that I did have to delete one with 60 odd faves because the extraction was terrible, though >_>), there wasn't a whole lot of variety.

But to answer your question though, I think the majority of members would LOVE to have their wallpapers added to the elite gallery and make it to the popular art section. And the majority of those who do think that way, would love it even MORE if their work got proposed for a highlight, or got highlighted.

Others don't really mind about favourites or popular art - they just want to produce something they like and may not even care about being in the elite gallery.

I personally like to head towards good quality but makes things I like and not necessarily worry about what others think. Sure, there's always the occasional crit, but that's life :P

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Well...

I guess popularity would be better.

A mod complimenting your wallpaper is still just one person, even if he or she is a moderator.

Many people loving your wallpaper is better, since there may be amazing wallpaper makers or critics, who aren't moderators, that are complimenting you.

What I'm trying to say is that mods may have a high rank but that doesn't always give them good tatse...

merged: 12-14-2007 ~ 02:37pm
Also, I didn't know your art gets deleted because it sucked...

Soo...

Actually, MT is the perfect place to view and appericate art since those that just aren't good enough get thrown out >,<

merged: 12-14-2007 ~ 02:46pm
Okay, so I'm going through the favourite catergory of scans, I think, and I noticed that the first page is full of girls with not much clothing on....

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

For me, a healthy - no, DOWNRIGHT INTOXICATING, DAMN! - mix of popularity and scholarly criticism (AKA mod opinion).

If only I could make walls... (sobs)

pamkips

pamkips

?????

I really don't care about favs anymore, when I first joined this community I did, but not anymore, I'd rather make a wall that pleases me, than make a wall that is really popular. I like my random art, and if people like it, thats great, and if they don't, oh well :3

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

Yeah, like Kawaii-chicken, when I first joined I cared insanely about faves. But I think everyones opinions are important, ne? It doesn't have to be popular to be in the elite gallery, but it doesn't have to be in the elite gallery to be popular ^_^. Of course, personally I get overjoyed when my works in the elite gallery :D. One day getting a highlight would be INSANE, ahahahaa.

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

I would prefer to have my works in the popular gallery any day
Yes it would be nice to be recognized that I put effort into it but if nobody really likes them......... What's the point?

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Quote by kuroimisa
Others don't really mind about favourites or popular art - they just want to produce something they like and may not even care about being in the elite gallery.

Well, I think I fall for this category. Right from the start, it has never crossed my mind to have more favorites on my work. I just wanna post something that I made myself and share it with everyone. And when Elite Gallery was introduced, I was like "ahhh.. that's cool!" But honestly, being in Elite Gallery or not doesn't bother me much, the same goes for popularity >_<

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

It all depends on your point of view.
I myself don't know how to make walls, I just appreciae the ones I believe to be well made or copied.

It all depends on wether the site will accept your wall as an elite.
I don't know what the rules are but hey, so it is, so it shall remain.

If you're after the glory of joining the elite, then try your hardest at making a really bad-ass wall.

If you just like the fact that your walls are admired or NOTICED for that matter, just keep doing what you ussually do and make walls to your heart's contempt.

Have a nice day.....

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

MiMi

MiMi

~*Luka Megurine*~

mm.. nothing of my walls have reached the elite ... yet :)
but im hapy when one of my walls is on the weekly's popular gallery and that makes my day too..

Signature Image
Owner of: cafe-tb vocaloid2 hetalia-axis-powers sunrise-fans //join - celestial-luminessewings-lovers anime-fans-united

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.