Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Obnoxiously loud music at inappropriate times - Minitokyo

Obnoxiously loud music at inappropriate times

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

So it's 10:30pm, I'm doing my work on Photoshop, and sudden I hear music from afar.

I thought it was my neighbours, thinking "heh, rap in Hindi?" and then I thought to myself "wait, this sounds like something Teriyaki Boyz would sing" and then later one I was like "wait this sounds like Tokyo Drift" ... and it was Tokyo Drift -_-

May I ask, why do people play their music so freaking loud for everyone to hear, when it's late at night? Parties, yes, understood, but you should only play music until a certain time. If you start playing music at 10:30 at night that's a bit random, isn't it?

Even if you can't fall asleep and you intend to pull a marathon chat session or something, surely you can use headphones, right? Would you wake up the rest of the people in your home and those around you?

Why are people so inconsiderate?

Personally, I don't play my music loud - I play it loud enough for myself to hear. If it travels to the corridor, then it's too loud for me, it'll disturb the living areas.

Last rant, I don't want to know that X artist is on your playlist. I don't get it, why share your music? It's not like everyone will enjoy your music.

Are lots of people just... not thinking about others? Or... what? :S

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

davidh01

davidh01

No Longer Active...

You may have something there. Sometimes people now are wrapped up in their own worlds so much that they become oblivious to the environment they are in (e.g. putting up with people on the train listening to their iPods with pathetic earphones loud enough to cut through your own noise-cancelling headphones used on your own iPod - decent cans that enclose the ear and prevent leakage - is my soapbox rant).

On the flip side, sometimes people may unintentionally underestimate the capabilities of their stereo system and its power output: it might not sound loud to them, but certain frequencies can carry quite a distance in the right conditions. Flip the coin again, and you're playing your music during the day (generally a reasonable time) and may disturb someone else who works nights and is trying to sleep.

Bottom line: you won't be able to please everyone, but a bit of courtesy does go far (as you suggest); and you can also take a perverse pleasure in thinking about the cumulative and permanent damage the offender is doing to his or her hearing while mildly disturbing yourself.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Honestly some people don't know the concept of manners. The same thing happens to me every summer. The family that lives behind us always always plays loud either italian or greek music during the summer around the 4th of July. Thankfully they are moving, but I see what you mean.

Also where I live there is a little ally where alot of teens hang out. So I've heard everything from rap to latin.

Why do they do it? In my opinion because they just want to. Atleast that's the case around here. They don't really care at what time or where they do it. If they want to listen to music they blast it. Which just means by the time they are 40 or so they'll need hearing aids. :)

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

i agree with you this people are just inconsiderate! for my country if they play music too loudly after 9.00pm, you can call the police to warn them not to do it, but it's sort of troublesome. and i also have to agree that like who cares wad music you have, why blast it out so loudly to share with the whole world who i suppose it's bedtime for almost alot of people who go to work or have to go to school the next day. i usually keep the music to the minimal just for myself to heard. and i've heard that now a days many people do that too in public places. blasting it out loud so they can share their music, but with who.....my teacher ever asked us for resonings and some answers were they want attention, to show off. but wat's it for...and old people and people of older generations dun appreciate our kind of music. it's sort of an irritance to them actually. i think they should have some disicpline... yup thats what i think anyway~

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

So much people just don't care if they mess up with everyone, for as long as they can please themselves. That's just being selfish and inconsiderate. Oh well... so many kinds of people in this darn world...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by kuroimisaSo it's 10:30pm, I'm doing my work on Photoshop, and sudden I hear music from afar.

I thought it was my neighbours, thinking "heh, rap in Hindi?" and then I thought to myself "wait, this sounds like something Teriyaki Boyz would sing" and then later one I was like "wait this sounds like Tokyo Drift" ... and it was Tokyo Drift -_-

Nice verse, verbal... ehem...

Quote: May I ask, why do people play their music so freaking loud for everyone to hear, when it's late at night? Parties, yes, understood, but you should only play music until a certain time. If you start playing music at 10:30 at night that's a bit random, isn't it?

Because music is meant to be heard. No matter how much you hate it, there are definitely types of people who would rub it into your face about what kinda music they like.

Type 1: The FAN - They play very loud for you to hear and they want you to get familiar with it! People who do this think airplay, music videos, and streaming just isn't enough for their favorite song/artist. They blog about it, too. This activity dies down after a few weeks, usually when a song/artist is doing poor in the charts only for the cycle to be repeated if the person finds another idol to worship.

Type 2: The MUSIC LOVER - They choose variety over popularity and usually play very quality music.... wait... there's a BUT.... they play it at random. Symptoms of these types of people have very long playlists with no particular organization whatsoever. What plays, you listen. Songs range from pop songs to ethnic tribal music. These type of people want their interest to reach out to others... and they do it by cranking the volume up. A lawsuit is the only thing that would stop these people because they are either downloading copyrighted songs from the net, so that's piracy, or they are a public nuisance because of repetitive complaints of public disturbance.

Type 3: The BAND: - They're loud and they rock... or that's what they think. They play in your neighbor's garage or basement with their cheap lo-fi equipment which guarantees absolute annoyance levels. They also come with wannabe names such as "Keep Off the Grass" or "The Blood Stains".

Type 4: The PRODUCER: - These are somewhat rare, but if you happen to live next to one, you're probably used to feeling intensity 5 earthquakes in your vicinity. Armed with high-powered Near-Field Monitors and Arena-sized Sub-woofers, these are the most destructive of their kind. Package also includes excessive partying, alcoholism and drug abuse with indefinite number of whores.

Please refer to list below for possible solutions:

a) File a complaint
b) Screw up their lawn
c) Shoot missiles into their chimney.
d) Deliver timed explosives loaded with cow manure into their doorsteps.
e) Call Pest Control and have them eradicated (yes, the humans... shall I terminate?)

If all else fails...

... ask them to kindly lower the volume... and don't forget to say please.

Quote:
Why are people so inconsiderate?

Because you just feel you've been robbed of you precious solitude and you can't take revenge during the moment and though you plot and think sinister events that would occur at that very moment, you end up powerless to communicate your desire through and your left to ponder when is it gonna stop. *deep breath* ^_^'

Quote: Personally, I don't play my music loud - I play it loud enough for myself to hear. If it travels to the corridor, then it's too loud for me, it'll disturb the living areas.

Awwwww.... how kind... no club music for misa... *thump thump thump thump thump* ;)

Quote: Last rant, I don't want to know that X artist is on your playlist. I don't get it, why share your music? It's not like everyone will enjoy your music.

I've got ummm... and ummm.... and ummm... and I just love ummm's song.... ummmm.... that kinda sh*t, huh?

Well, if its found on a personal site then you can't do anything about it. Site creators usually do this stuff to increase hits and ranking in search engines. If its found on a social site, then its usually used to link people's interests. If its found on a bathroom or a rooftop with a sign saying you'll love this then it usually means a deeply disturbed individual with homicidal tendencies... take utmost caution when approaching such people.

Quote: Are lots of people just... not thinking about others? Or... what? :S

Do you expect everyone to be your personal slave? :)

Signature

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

My parent sometimes nag me about this. Sometimes I criticize that, telling them off for their lack of love for music. I think their ears are getting bad. Well, they are old...

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I ask myself the same thing...I mean to me loud music is only needed to rid myself of a headache, at all other times it's not needed, and only rock rids me of migranes...sadly I don't think we need anything of the sorts, not only does it deafen the original but it also is really rough when it comes to people resting, axious...etc...people can be so mean sometimes, meaner then I ever could be...and we're not even going on about loud cars that's in another entirely different playing field

BuBbLeS!

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote by norine07 agree with you this people are just inconsiderate! for my country if they play music too loudly after 9.00pm, you can call the police to warn them not to do it, but it's sort of troublesome.

We actually can do the same thing here, but I think the latest to play music is 10pm (who knows, it might have changed - I know havoc at a swimming pool - bouncy acoustics - must end at 8pm). I guess it's frustrating when you don't know where the music is coming from. Sometimes we can't tell them to shut up because they're in another building or on the other side of the building :S

But yes, I definitely agree with you, it's troublesome and unnecessary when people should exercise self control -_-'''

Quote by JakWell, if its found on a personal site then you can't do anything about it.

I don't mind getting to webpages and finding music (that's another story) - it's just music late at night that annoys me.

Quote by JakDo you expect everyone to be your personal slave? :)

You realise I'm not just talking for myself but for many other people? ;) It's not half as bad for me because I'm a student and I don't need to go to work, but imagine those people getting ready to go to sleep, and hearing music until something like 4am, and having to wake up at 7 for another 9 to 5 >_<

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by kuroimisaYou realise I'm not just talking for myself but for many other people? ;) It's not half as bad for me because I'm a student and I don't need to go to work, but imagine those people getting ready to go to sleep, and hearing music until something like 4am, and having to wake up at 7 for another 9 to 5 >_<

Ever heard of "Do unto others what you want to do unto you..." or somethin' lame like that... go grab a MTX Jackhammer (20000watt version) and go turn that thing up to ridiculous bass.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulito

Quote by kuroimisaYou realise I'm not just talking for myself but for many other people? ;) It's not half as bad for me because I'm a student and I don't need to go to work, but imagine those people getting ready to go to sleep, and hearing music until something like 4am, and having to wake up at 7 for another 9 to 5 >_<

Ever heard of "Do unto others what you want to do unto you..." or somethin' lame like that... go grab a MTX Jackhammer (20000watt version) and go turn that thing up to ridiculous bass.

LOL...

Seriously, you really can't stop everyone from doing what they want to do. The only way to, at least, toning them down is to, like what Jak said above, ask them to lower the volume. After all... you're on the same community. ;)

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

I know how you feel misa! I experienced that A LOT this year, when I lived in a hall of residence.

One guy (3 doors down from me) would blast out the music from morning to night. It's not bad, but it IS bad when it's the same song for the millionth time!

The other one I really hated, but couldn't do anything about, was the bagpipe festival that went on for 4 days. It was from a park some distance away, but you know bagpipes XO XO XO

Music at night - now that's a real problem and I say call sound control and measure the decibels. Then confiscate all their party equipment :P

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

omg! yeah agreed! the same songs over and over is super irritating! and especially sometimes they just leave it there on repeat! mine is a floor down, they love the sing the kareoke...i get pissed sometimes, especially when i'm studying......

Signature Image

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I'm so glad that I don't have neighbours - especially ones that play music really loud at night. I'm a headphone girl, I don't wish to hear what other people are listening to and I don't wish them to hear what i'm listening to - that way if I want to repeat a song multiple times I can without annoying anyone.

A few year ago when I was staying in a fishing small town there was a really loud party two streets over at the opposite ends on the street. It was really inconsiderate as most of the town gets up around 4am. The music was at max and they repeated the Macarena for FOUR STRAIGHT HOURS.

Kill the Macarena!

I don't play music loud enough to hear from outside my room... XD

Also if the are gonna play loud music and disturb you, play YOUR music louder XD

Jk. Umm...go buy earplugs >.<

I guess you can file a complaint or ask them to turn down... or you could keep it bottled up all your life and wait for the day their speakers get destroyed or they move out...or break in, and trash their place, destroy all sound equipment and get the hell out...

merged: 12-19-2007 ~ 04:12pm

Quote by jakulito

Please refer to list below for possible solutions:

b) Screw up their lawn
c) Shoot missiles into their chimney.
d) Deliver timed explosives loaded with cow manure into their doorsteps.
e) Call Pest Control and have them eradicated (yes, the humans... shall I terminate?)

If all else fails...

... ask them to kindly lower the volume... and don't forget to say please.

LOL...nice answer...

Hmmm.... when one approach this kind of problem, it is important to be polite themselve, first. However, one should only take so much damage themselves before taking action. At that time, feel free to blast your neighbour out of the sky the legal way.

I forgot one last option...SUE 'EM! XD

yes sue em

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

why not just blast your own music louder than theirs? or get some noise canceling devices. or say that their music sucks balls and should blast some good music?

These people are usually violent. Don't risk direct confrontation or arrest.

Also it's not fair to the other neighbors to blast your music.

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO - PASS IT ALONG PLEASE

Go to craigslist. Under cars/trucks search for:

Loud

Subs

22 Rims

Look at the ads and flag anyone you think is a Loud jerk. Craigs removes flagged posts.
Send them an anonymous email telling them you think their loud car sucks and they are a jerk. Use a free anonymous hotmail, yahoomail or googlemail account. It's good to have one.
If they are stupid enough to reply sign them up on sites you know put their email on spam lists.

If we can get thousands of people to do this non of these jerks will ever be able to use craigslist to sell their cars. Hit them in the pocketbook. Maybe some of them will get the idea that their rights end where ours begin. If not at least you have fun screwing a jerk.

Ha ha revenge is sweet.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I don't really think there is an appropriate time to blast music... You're liable to make yourself and your neighbors deaf like that. If the walls on your house are shaking, TURN IT DOWN, DANG IT! I can almost guarantee the people at the end of your block can hear it. Show some common sense and courtesy!

I used to have a neighbor that played the Speed Racer Dance Mix at 3:00am every evening.... It's quite frankly MADDENING. And oddly enough two years after he moved out we had cops come by looking for him...

Here's my suggestion for people looking for places to live: find an area where lots of elderly people live! They don't turn their music up at night ;) Trust me, ever since the "Runaway Rob" next door moved out my street has become filled with almost nothing but elderly citizens, minus one house on the street- and it's very nice and quiet...

Hang in there, kuroimisa! It's unfortunate that you're stuck living within the proximity of someone like that, but maybe they will move?

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Flag jerks on Craigslist.

Revenge.

meh, loud music is a pain in the ass sometimes but for the most part ive never really been bothered by it. I was lucky enough to move into a new apartment with really thick walls, so for the most part, i never anything other then the people above me playing DDR.....bottom floor apartments FTW

??

Use your Bankai.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.