Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 installing problems with PhotoShop - Minitokyo

installing problems with PhotoShop

page 1 of 1 6 total items

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

I hope this is the right place for this. I've got a question, and the subject pretty much says it all. Here's my problem:

I got PhotoShop for Christmas, and tried to install it into my laptop. The 'install wizard' popped up and I thought everything went smoothly. But, that was not the case. When I installed it, it shows up on my program list and everything, but when I click to open it, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. I worked for 2 hours, trying to find the reason why, and I came up empty handed; and really pissed. So, I figured someone here could help me out. Any ideas/ solutions?
Oh, I don't know if this would have anything to do with it, but my laptop has Vista. And, before someone asks, yes the program is compatible with Vista; I'm not that stupid. ^_^'

Thanks for any help that I get.

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Did you try rebooting? If that doesn't work switch off your laptop and turn it back on. Most programs need a reboot before they can start to work, and sometimes programs don't start up because the software needs to be reset (heh, University computers are funny >_>). That's about all the help I can offer :\

You might get a few more replies, but if all else fails, you might want to reinstall it.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

To find out why your Adobe Photoshop program is not launching, you can try the event viewer.
Click on the start orb and head over to computer.
Right click on "Computer" and click "Manage".
A console will now open title: Computer Management, on the left hand side
expand "system tools">>"event viewer">>"windows logs"
Click on either the "Application" or "Setup" categories and scroll through the list of events that you
have done with your system. Look for the error icon and see if you find anything related with adobe.

If you see it click on it and look at the event ID.

Go to www.eventid.net and type in the ID that's provided to you.
Now see if there is any fix to the problem your having.

Before you go this route try Kuromisa's method first, try reinstalling.
And providing the version your using will sure help a lot.

Sample EventViewer
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9417/eventlogib7.th.jpg

Signature

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Thanks Kuroimisa, and tiki223. All though they were good ideas, they still didn't work. ~_~
I'm starting to think that I'll have to take it somewhere and have the stupid thing installed. Oh, and for the version of PhotoShop, it's Elements 6; if that helps any.

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

Before you bring it to a shop try this...

Create a shortcut on your desktop.
Right click and select properties.

Click the compability tab and then enable compatiblity mode with
Windows XP SP2. Also enable "run this program as Administrator". Click Apply and OK.

Now Go back to compatiblity mode again and click on
"Show setting for all Users" and do the same thing
After when your done, restart and launch the program and see if it works.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2544/16407576jq2.th.png

Signature

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

tiki223
Ok, I've done what you said the second time, and it still doesn't work. :angry:
I thought for sure that it was, because I had to ok the program to launch. Then my computer got busy, like it was loading the program, but then nothing. :hmpf: I even pulled up the task manager and it showed it running in the processes section, but nothing showed up on the screen. ~_~
I don't know what else to do, but to take in someplace and see if they can do it. Thanks for the help though! :)

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.