Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 First wallpaper of tsubasa - Minitokyo

First wallpaper of tsubasa

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Hi, folks.
This is my very first time to make a wall.

And naturally, I got some problems that i can't work out.

I vector the picture myself and decided to make it a wall.

I've changed it sevaral time but still not satisfied with it. X-O

Here are the old editions with a lot problems.
http://pddl02.mofile.com/p/1/2008/1/9/G5/G5CFYKURBM_105_180_160.jpg http://pddl01.mofile.com/p/1/2008/1/9/E2/E2Y4LC70SQ_105_180_160.jpg
http://pdjh03.mofile.com/p/1/2008/1/24/KB/KB7X3K1Z1N_105_180_160.jpg

And here is the lastest version :P
http://pdjh03.mofile.com/p/1/2008/1/28/PU/PUV1UYM8Y1_105_300_260.jpg
Please help me to complete it.

Thanks for ur opinions in advance~ XD

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I wish I could help but I love the way it looks already.
The colors are fantastic, but the only weird thing is the resolution, as far as I know, MT's policy accept this resolutions:

Quote by MT Policy
# Wallpaper submissions must be in standard, fixed resolutions. Minitokyo currently supports the following list of common resolutions:

* 4:3 and 5:4 Aspect Ratio
o 1024x768
o 1152x864
o 1280x960
o 1280x1024
o 1600x1200
o 2048x1536
* 16:9 Aspect Ratio
o 1280x720
o 1280x768
o 1600x900
o 1920x1080
o 1920x1200
* Dual-screen Resolutions
o 2304x864
o 2048x768
o 2560x960
o 2560x1024
o 4096x1536

Again, I already love the way it looks :) Great job

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

well i like it like this,i think it's great....

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

it looks nice, did you vector the render?
You might wanna blend the cliff theyre standing on with the style you used for the bg, or maybe its something with the perspective of the render but it just doesnt really suit the wonderfull background you made.

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

Hey the vector looks great. My idea for your background:
You could try to have several mountainpeaks emerge from the clouds/fog, like it's often done in chinese landscape paintings.
Like in this one for example:(image found on this website)
click here
or make it look like in this one
Good luck for you. http://images.minitokyo.net:8001/view/240496.jpg

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

It looks great! Honestly, I'd have to think hard to find something I don't like about it!
Like Erdbeermilch said, you can have more mountain peaks in the background.
And the Sun draws too much attention, I suggest you use softer colours and blur it a bit.
Oh, and you can always resize the wallpaper to 1920 x 1200, this one and the one you have are both widescreen resolutions, so you won't need to cut away from it :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Looks great, the colours of the background are nice, and match the foreground. The only thing I would suggest is maybe soften the sun a little bit, it looks a bit sharp compared to the soft clouds ^^

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

This looks awesome ^_^ Although the clouds are almost empty looking. Putting a few of those rock like structures - as Erdbeermilch suggested - would fix it; kind of have them sticking out of the clouds. I agree with MapleRose as well, the sun look really sharp compared to everything else. Everything else looks great :)

I edited my post, so I write something to make it on the top. :P

temarigenius

temarigenius

~Motivation Please <3~

I think that your previous version is better...
The rock that you added doesn't seem to blend into the background...

Signature Image
dgrayman-black-fighters vampire-knight jigoku-tsushin-mt sword-shana-lily
"Within the Truth hides the Lie... Within the Lies hides the Truth." --- Rokudo Mukuro

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I personally prefer the sky in the first version. But you did a pretty good job with adding those stone figures in the clouds. The one that seems farthest away looks fine, it's just the larger one that's nearer. It looks awkward there; like the style isn't the same or fitting with the rest of the wallpaper. Maybe you should redo that one? I'm not a big fan of the glowing stones either, it's a bit too much, and there isn't really a reason for it.

Anyways, as for the nearest stone figure, the only thing that I can say for sure is a bit off is the shadowing you put there (on the left side). The shading is also different from the original rock that the dude (i don't know his name) is standing on. The shading on the one you put in the clouds is a bit off compared to the to the stone the dude is standing on. The you vectored with the scan has sharper edges to the shading, and the one that you added in the second version has curvy kind of looking shading.

All I'm trying to say is that you should make the shading of the rock/stone figures the same as the one in the scan that was vectored.

Sorry if I didn't make sense ^_^'

I also like the first one out of all of them.

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

The new version looks fantastic!
But the cliff over there looks a little too sharp, plus there are too much birds. They look repetitive.
I have to say that I like the latest version more.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Perhaps the sun is abit too obvious on the bottom part, which does not blend well with the semi-transparent clouds. How about adding more clouds over there to cover the sun at the bottom?
As for the front cliff, you might want to smudge abit on the edges and completely remove the outer glow, so it will blend better with the background.

Well, it looks like you've put the outer glow effect on each element on the wall. I don't think that's a good idea, since the elements will stand out awkwardly on the canvas.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Closed

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.