Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which?waller Round 4 begins! - Minitokyo

which?waller Round 4 begins!

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

That's right! After much anticipation, Round 4 of w?w has begun!

What's which?waller? Visit the which?waller website for more details and archives.

But enough of that, let's get down to the details!

THEME: This time around, the theme is coupling. This means that your submission must be a collaborative work between you and one other person. This is an excellent opportunity for past w?w participants to bring in new folks to the fun. Your submission must also feature two (and only two) people. They can have any relationship to each other: lovers, siblings, mortal enemies, etc. With Valentine's Day (and White Day) coming up, there should be plenty of fodder -- if you choose the romantic angle, at least.

SUBMISSIONS: Each group of two people may submit either a single collaborative wallpaper, or one wallpaper per waller (for a total of two walls) where both wallers have worked on some components in each wall. All wallpapers must be at least 1280x1024 and include the w?w round 4 signature in the bottom left corner. When submitting wallpapers, both wallers must PM Tama-Neko with the submission information, to confirm collaboration.

GUESSING: For the guessing round, you will have to guess both wallers who made the wall to get full points. Otherwise the guessing round will continue as before.

DATES: You have 6 weeks to submit your walls, to allow time for the collaboration -- so get talking! See the Events Calendar for all the details.

Use this thread to ask questions, discuss, etc.

which?waller's back! XD
And what an interesting theme... This should be good. ^_^

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Ohh.. very interesting idea but it's abit hard for me since I never yet collaborated with anyone. >_>

I have an evil idea... can we collaborate with different people on different walls? heheh.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by hamstersanonymousI have an evil idea... can we collaborate with different people on different walls? heheh.

Yes, you can. As in previous rounds, you can submit as many wallpapers as you like, which means you can collaborate with as many people as you like... :D

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

>_> I'll have to think about this then.... This can get very complicated, esp in guessing. For the guessing, do we get half a point for guessing one waller but not the other? Also, if the team made 2 walls, do we get one point for each wall guessed (or half mark), or do we have to guess both to get the one point?

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Tama this is possibly the evilest theme EVAR for this! Guessing will definitely be near impossible lol xD;;

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I like to be evil in my personal life since it's not generally acceptable in my workplace ;)
For guessing:
You will guess 2 wallers for each collaboration. A collaboration may include one or two walls; if two walls, you will judge them together. You don't need to figure out which waller made which wall in a two-wall collaboration, just guess who participated in the collaboration.
You will get 0.5 points per correct waller, so you'll get partial credit if you are only able to guess one of the two wallers correctly.

chubbykitty

chubbykitty

LEADING THE CAT ARMY

This one seems very challenging when the guessing rolls around! It'll also be challenging for me since I've never collaborated before :x

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

just wondering, would we even get a list of the teams, or just the wallers?

merged: 01-13-2008 ~ 09:47am
oh yeah, if we make 2 walls, do they have to be from the same picture, or can they be totally different?

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by MapleRosejust wondering, would we even get a list of the teams, or just the wallers?

A list of wallers and the number of collaborations each person participated on (basically the number of walls each person made.)

Quote by MapleRose
oh yeah, if we make 2 walls, do they have to be from the same picture, or can they be totally different?

Both walls must contain elements that both people worked on.
Examples:
- One person cleans a scan of character A and one person cleans a scan of character B. Each wall must contain both scans.
- One person creates a decorative border and one person cleans two scans. Each wall must contain both the border and two scans.
- One person designs a set of floral shapes and one person designs a set of splatter shapes. Each wall must contain both the floral and splatter shapes.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

ok so the category can be any?

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

yay more questions, don't you love them?

when you say 2 "characters", do they have to be human? XD

merged: 01-13-2008 ~ 02:30pm
also, I'm assuming that all participants have to be a member of MT?

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote: or one wallpaper per waller (for a total of two walls) where both wallers have worked on some components in each wall.

What if one cannot finish it on time, but the other one manage to finish his/her? Maybe the finished one can't be accepted, unless both works are finished?

I dont understand 50% of the things said but anyway bring it on!

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Pretty sure the 2 characters have to be human from Tama's first post... "person" xD I dunno what Tama thinks about the member of MT thing but it definitely would be easier if all participants are, just so we can go through their galleries (if they have one of course) and scrutinize their past walls for clues/trends/styles etc. D:

I'm just jumping in here so Tama correct me if I'm wrong but gaara, I don't think a team needs to finish both walls to be able to submit both, 'cause both walls are going to be collab walls anyways in that the two people need to work together on both walls. It's not like waller A will work on wall A alone and waller B will work on wall B alone and then submit the two together. So if you end up just finishing and submitting one wall no one would ever know you had planned to do both walls. I'm guessing Tama put in the two wall thing just so guessing doesn't get TOO difficult.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by Tama-NekoA list of wallers and the number of collaborations each person participated on (basically the number of walls each person made.)

Is this list gonna be like the previous ones, ie: 3 people were in 1 collab, 2 people were 2 collabs etc. Or is each specific waller gonna have the number of walls they made revealed, ie: wallerX did 2 collabs, wallerY did 1 collab etc?

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

- Any category is acceptable.
- 2 'people' or 'persons' -- ie humans and human-like races (elves, angels, catgirls, etc.) The wallpaper must feature 2 and only 2 people, but other elements (mascots, mecha, etc) may also be in the wallpaper.
- All participants must be a member of MT, since in order to submit a wallpaper, both collaborators must PM me. They can join MT for the express purpose of this contest, however, no prior (or future) MT commitment is necessary.
- The collaboration must be finished, whether you are submitting one wall jointly or two walls separately. However, if one collaborator cannot finish their wall in time, and both collaborators are okay with the idea, they may submit the single wall that the other person finished as their collaboration.
- For guessing, you'll get a list of wallers and the collaborations they participated in, as this is equal to the numbers of walls they submitted and is in-line with previous guessing round procedures. Example: Waller 1 submitted 2 walls. This means they were in 2 collaborations.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by alterlierI dont understand 50% of the things said but anyway bring it on!

LOL, just remember 3 things:
- collab of 2 wallers
- 2 humanoid characters featured on wall
- be evil >D

er, more questions to clarify:

If the team decides to make the 2 walls, is it okay if say, one person does the foreground of wall1 and background of wall2, and the other person does foreground of wall2 and background of wall1, using the same source scan?

If not, can the 2 walls be in totally different style if there are elements created by both wallers in both walls?

Aww.... we don't get to be evil by pretending to have made 5 walls when we've only made one, or vice versa >__<

merged: 01-15-2008 ~ 12:58pm
oh yeah, can one team make 2 entries? (ie 2 different collabs)

Quote by MapleRose

Quote by alterlierI dont understand 50% of the things said but anyway bring it on!

LOL, just remember 3 things:
- collab of 2 wallers
- 2 humanoid characters featured on wall
- be evil >D

thats the easiest way of life

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

wow- that's a challenging project for sure.

i would love to join but it's hard for me to collab cause i dont know alot of people here

Signature

clarings

Elite Member

clarings

dont stand so close to me

nice this is gonna be interesting ^^
too bad i read it too late =/ .. would be nice to join

We used to see in colors, now its only black and white, cos the world is color blind.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Guessing starts here:
Which?Waller Round 4 guessing stage begins!

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.