Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think about 2012? - Minitokyo

What do you think about 2012?

What will happen in 2012?

The earth will end in a giant expolsion
3 votes
All humans will die, but the earth will be fine
6 votes
There will be a change of consciousness
10 votes
Nothing, it's all hype
41 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

I'm just wondering what everyone's opinions are about 2012. If you can give an opinion and some back-up information, that would be great. (Information backing up your opinion like the Mayan calendar or Nostradamus or whatever.)

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

ne, no offence, but I dont believe that anything will happen...i mean, despite the fact that the mayan calandar marks that specific year, there really is little to no proof that anything will happen in that year...even though scientists have predicted quite a few interesting things like the flipping of the poles and the reversal of the earth's orbit. :D buuuut it would be cool if something happened...just as long as it didnt hurt the earth. gah, cant imagine that!

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

You missed the other option: Britain will host the most mediocre ever, and all the people who watch will die of boredom before the opening ceremony ends.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

It will remain the same, but their will be cameras every where to monitor your every move and a meal (2 tacos and a fountain drink) at Taco Bell will cost you $25 bucks while minimum wage is still $7.15!

Signature

HaganeKen

Saber Suki...

Iono, kinda wish i didnt know about the 2012 Mayan Death Prediction. As they say Ignorance is Bliss. 0-o

Nothing. I am realistic.

HaganeKen

Saber Suki...

Well Suppose the year 2000 was just a hype too, guess there's no reason in being afraid because if it does happen at least we were happy instead of cowering in fear 0-o. If not, waste of fear 0-o

supo

supo

Geisha=Artist

I did a essay about the Mayan prophecy and I came up with this very interesting quote from a Dr Jose'

"August 13, 3113 BC is as precise and accurate as one can get for a beginning of history: the first Egyptian dynasty is dated to ca 3100 BC; the first 'city,' Uruk, in Mesopotamia, also ca 3100 BC; the Hindu Kali Yuga, 3102 BC; and most interestingly, the division of time into 24 hours of 60 minutes each and each minute into 60 seconds [and the division of the circle into 360 degrees], also around 3100 BC, in Sumeria. If the beginning of history was so accurately placed, then must not the end of history, December 21, 2012 also be as accurate?"
Also the Mayans are not the only ones who came up with that date of 2012 as being the end many other countries hundreds upon thousands of years apart came up with the exact date it leaves you to wonder could it be true and if so what will we do? if it is as of now as of this very second we only have 3 1/2 years until we find out.

Signature Image

This might happen in year 2012 :
1) The rise of overall food cost in general population. There were more people on planet earth in 2012 than in 2008, there will be less agricultural spot to produce food.
2) The air will be more and more polluted than ever before. More humans inhabit planet earth, more engine were produce, more fuel to be burn for energy, More shitty things thrown into the atmosphere. Similar things applied to water. Earth climate change hit every country on the planet, and earth shall become less and less habitable for the humans as the time goes by.
3) More and more unemployed accumulated in various country. So many humans to live but so little place to find a job. Economic rate rise in overall count, but failed to catch up with the growth rate of human needs. There will always be a minus point no matter how fast humans tries to keep up. This too will give contribution to the rise in overall crime rate.
4) Various and plenty military operation all over the globe give contribution in the rise of political tension between countries. Allied and UN campaign in the mid-east will be more likely fail to meet expectation, and only fuel more and more cause for various extreme-fundamentalist to grow in size.
5) There were other things, but thats it for now.
The year 2012 may not be the end everything, but it is absolutely beginning of something new.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

The more things change, the more the world will stay the same.

Nothings gunna change. I dun believe in Nostradamus crap. He sure got a few incidents perfectly right (9/11), but 90% are total rubbish.

I predict the US is gunna war someone again. Got a history of those periodic aggression...

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

I think, since pollution is kinda seen, the world will turn into a wasteland. Maybe not in 2012 but sooner or later...

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

I don't think anything will happen as ancient Mayans predicted the world to be in disarray about now. The world will turn up in ruins but I think it will be after my lifetime. What they predicted will partially come true. Humans will ultimately destroy the world unfortunately.

"Where's there is light, there's a shadow" (Hattori Hanzo from Samurai Warriors)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

even though the greater beings are getting bored with us, there might be a slight change if that, I don't see nothing spectalicular happening, I mean we're making the change with no divine intervention, probably be more climate changes, but I don't see the big "threat" of this anyway

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I like to be open minded about these things. I think that it is possible that the world will end in 2012. But then again, it's possible that it will end by the time you finish reading this post.
I do have trouble, however, accepting that the world will end because someone claiming to be a prophet said so, or because the people of a long gone civilization ended the calender there. Are we supposed to believe in every nut job that runs around screaming about the apocolypse? If you believe that Nostrodamus is right that the world will end, and you start to panic and cause a mass riot, then he will be right. Who knows, maybe all the other stuff he predicted also came true only because people believed it.
And as far as the Mayan calendar goes, just because the ended it on 2012 doesn't mean the world ends there too. The calendar on my wall ends on August 31, 2008, does that mean the world will explode before September comes? Not likely.
But, as I said from the start, it might happen. I think that, at most, there may be some kind of major, global change (one world ending, another beginning). Hey, if I'm wrong and it does end, then at least I won't have to listen to all the "I told you so"s...

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Quote by nainex52Nothings gunna change. I dun believe in Nostradamus crap. He sure got a few incidents perfectly right (9/11), but 90% are total rubbish.

I predict the US is gunna war someone again. Got a history of those periodic aggression...

Nostradamus?

Well, his writings - er, prophecies? - are subject to the wildest speculation --- unless we know preciely what he means - what he originally means - we're on the darkest of nights.

United States going to war again? Doubt it. The hawks of the Shrub Administration have been pretty silent over the mess with Iraq - and the US army's pretty much stretched out.

Um... maybe the world will end in 2012?

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Well, their calendar does end there.

~There will be an allignment of most of the planets about that time... December of that year.
Stellarium is a good program to run the math and will show the allignment then. (freeware, btw)

~In the year2029, there is supposed to be an asteriod coming within 22,600 miles - that's between us and some satellites in orbit around the earth. Too close for comfort.
The link provided >>here<< is from NASA on the related asteriod. We have a 1 in 300 chance of the earth being hit by this 320 meter asteriod!

Anyways, if that's it... that's it. If not, great. ^^
However, wether the world ends or not... embrace the ones your with and love them as if tomorrow will never come. :D

Let's just hope that tomorrow will come.... :D

Interesting! I hadn't heard about the asteroid. (The link doesn't work, btw.)

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Here's 2 new links. :D
http://www.sei.aero/press/press_2007-09-28.shtml
http://men.msn.com/articlepm.aspx?cp-documentid=1628365

This last one is in scientific format and is difficult to read, but still a good, reliable source. >> http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/a99942.html

Thanks, yothsothgoth, for the new links. Yikes, that last one is scary!

Quote by phoenixalcott...even though scientists have predicted quite a few interesting things like the flipping of the poles and the reversal of the earth's orbit. :D buuuut it would be cool if something happened...just as long as it didnt hurt the earth. gah, cant imagine that!

I haven't heard anything about the reversal of the Earth's orbit or a flipping of the poles. But there's supposed to be an alignment of planets and the sun crossing over some kind of galactic equator or something. (Common scientific knowledge.) Apparently it happens every 26,000 years. It makes the earth bobble, I guess, and that changes the poles positions a bit. That would have a definite effect on the planet. It doesn't all happen on one day, although the planets aligning do. I don't think it would hurt the earth. It's been through it many times before. It may hurt some people, though.

cerealjoe

cerealjoe

The day we caught the train...

Why 2012 exactly? It is because of the horror that will be the London Olympic Games (yes, I was for Paris and I'm still upset that London won). I personally like 2014 much better as a date for a disaster to happen...

Heck it's like the 1999 funny business, that's just lots and lots and lots of crappety crap. Alas, it would have been fun otherwise.

Signature Image
What do you call a girl with a rifle in a corn field? A cereal killer.
In TARTIFLETTE we trust!

What if all the Earth's population were to be invited to watch the greatest disaster show on the planet and no one bothered to show up ? No I am not being a pestimist. I think people who dwell on the negative (s) soo much actually draw the negative stuff their way. Still, thanxs for sharing the topic with a reader like me :-)

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.