Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [SPOILERS] ending of cowboy bebop? - Minitokyo

[SPOILERS] ending of cowboy bebop?

Tagged under Cowboy Bebop

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

wiwin

I love anime!!

ei!
can someone please tell me how the cowboy bebop really ended?
i am not quite sure about it.....
was that really the ending?
what happened to spike? :hmpf:

the BeSt

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Hello, there, weee, another CB fan! Well, I just finished it and I think Spike and Vicious killed each other at the end. Very sad, but I think that was supposed to happen...I mean, since the series started...I can't think of a different ending...

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

A lot of Anime series/movies/manga end this way, creators of such Anime always want to leave the audience in a sense of dilemma. As a matter of fact, lots of Anime that I know end this way with main characters ending their lives during the series, either during the series, or at the very end.

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

To answer the original post, Spike dies. On US TV it was however cut so that you didn't see Spike collapse after staggering away. Seems that people there have a problem with heroes/main characters dying, and the company airing the series thought that not including such an important point in the series would go unnoticed. [The same goes for calling characters from Sailor Moon cousins rather than lesbians, or claiming that characters in other series are drinking tea when it is obviously alcohol, removing things central to the plot in other series, and putting hideous voices to 99% of all dubbed characters. Oh well there's a reason I prefer fansubs]

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

Quote by wiwinei!
can someone please tell me how the cowboy bebop really ended?
i am not quite sure about it.....
was that really the ending?
what happened to spike? :hmpf:

Last posting in here was from 2008, hope this isn't deleted as necroposting....

The ending is ambiguous. I own the remix DVD set, and if you pay close attention to the end (as advised by the promo for session 25), you'll see that Spike was not fatally wounded in his battle with Vicious. Signs pointed to him dying, but he wasn't fatally injured. I did a frame by frame of that final clash, and not one frame shows the blade hitting him (I think Spike shooting Vicious as he was charging him dragging the blade on the floor made him lose control and he cut his own leg as he died).

You can think he died if that's a more satisfactory ending, but you don't have to. I'm convinced he survived because I didn't see him die.

I'm pretty sure Spike is dead. The Star dying/collapsing during the credits meant that Spike died as well.

C'mon Mrspooky, spike died in the end of the series, watch it carefully one more time and you'll se tha Vicious cut him in the belly and that's i'm sure a mortal injurie, so that's the end, Watanabe himself said in some interview that Spike dies, so that's all.

Anatnem

Anatnem

All hail Neko-Sama

Spike died....truly sad...

Signature

Quote by MaddockC'mon Mrspooky, spike died in the end of the series, watch it carefully one more time and you'll se tha Vicious cut him in the belly and that's i'm sure a mortal injurie, so that's the end, Watanabe himself said in some interview that Spike dies, so that's all.

I not only watched it carefully, I did a frame by frame (did it more than a dozen times, as a matter of fact - watched it in normal speed forward and backward, frame by frame forward and backward, LOOKING for the frame that shows the blade slashing Spike's abdomen. Didn't find it). Do it yourself, and you'll see it. :)

They never showed that blade hitting Spike other than the slash across his leg early in the fight. Not one frame. It goes from blade on the floor to the barrel of Spike's gun as he fires, as soon as the flare from the gun finishes, we're behind Vicious, who had been shot (and if you look at that frame, it looks like Spike's not even in range of the sword anyway).

As for what Watanabe-san said, I would have to see the article where he said that. I've been searching for it for months. Not only can I not find it, but nobody seems to know where it is, when he said it, and to whom. All they can point to is message board postings where someone is saying that he said that. No source provided.

Here's a scenario:

He's talking to an interviewer about the end of Cowboy Bebop. Interviewer asks him "How do you think it ended?" Watanabe-san answers "I think he's dead."

This makes sense taking into account what he told The Daily Texan in 2006 where he said "I never officially said he died..." That tells me he may have offered his OPINION, but not the definitive answer. Someone probably saw that and ran with it: "Watanabe said he's dead."

I have another quote too: "Did you see him die? I didn't. It just looks more like a serious lack of sleep."

My quote carries as much weight as what you're reporting because there is no reference. Without the reference, it's just people putting words in the man's mouth. :)

Many signs showed that Spike died at the end, like the star which fade away. But no, I wouldn't believe that he's dead, after all, he found his companions and all, and the fact that he's pretty strong at fighting, which he fake his death 3 years ago, I can't see why he can't do it now. So well, at least I'm not prepared to think he's dead. Love this anime so much!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Please don't bump threads older than 4 weeks.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.