Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tutorials or help on vectoring? - Minitokyo

Tutorials or help on vectoring?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Rayzi

Rayzi

Is it anime? Then no.

Since I've been seeing the beautiful walls people here on MT are making with their vectors, I'd REALLY like to know how to Vector. But, the sad thing is, I don't even know where to start or what tool I'm even supposed to use. I only started hearing of vectoring when I came here to MT.

Is there somewhere you guys learn? Is it easy enough? Or is there an easier way? I know it takes time and effort, but is there possibly a way for a beginner? And once you have it down, is there a more professional way?

I've tried googling some tutorials, but nothing covers anime vectoring. Or is it even different from any other kind of vectoring?

I can extract well enough if that means anything...... but using the polyganal lasso tool. (I think I spelled that right. o_0) I think it's easier with that tool, I can get around curves just beautifully! As long as you place it right.....

MapleRose has vectoring tutorials for PSP somewhere on her userpage...

also, pen tool makes vectors, as you can use curves. =]
Anime vectoring is exactly the same as normal vectoring, it's just a technique.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Most popular tutorial that I know of:
http://www.ferricorp.com/public/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202
I learned from this tutorial. It gives two methods, paths and shapes. You can consider paths easier for beginners and shapes a bit more advanced.
Like Tofu said it's all about the pen tool so having some knowledge on how to use that is helpful.
Anyways I wish you luck, vectoring is hard but fun ^^

Signature

kakarutogenx

Kakaruto Genx

so nice... tutorial....

S E N Y U M

I never really tried to make vectors on photoshop.. cause i always thought the purpose of photoshop is to edit photos. I tend to use illustrator for all my vectors, and it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. Also IllustratorCS2 has this live trace option that basically makes any image into a vector.

Rayzi

Rayzi

Is it anime? Then no.

Now THAT is interesting.... Yeah, you can use PS for "vectoring", you might call it. But all it really is, is "tracing", as a lot of people call it, because of the tools that you use aren't vectoring tools, they're tracing tools apparently. And I think it has something to do with the format it saves it in too.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote by RayziNow THAT is interesting.... Yeah, you can use PS for "vectoring", you might call it. But all it really is, is "tracing", as a lot of people call it, because of the tools that you use aren't vectoring tools, they're tracing tools apparently. And I think it has something to do with the format it saves it in too.

While you're right about it not being a "true" vector if it's made in photoshop, technically you're still tracing if you're vectoring over something....

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

well... if you want 'pure' vectoring you would have to use Illustrator for that... the steps are basically the same as in photoshop' method of using shapes, but you do not work with the 'add anchor point' tool, but you trace the images as you go

founder of: Vectory
Signature

ng.... between CorelDraw and Illustrator, which is better for vectoring?

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

well... that depends on a persons attitude toward both programs. I tried both and between the two Illustrator wins head on. Corel is boring and over packed with unnecessary stuff that only make the vectoring pretty tiresome t times - at least for me. The best way to check which one is better is to try them both XD
From my point of view I would recommend Illustrator

founder of: Vectory
Signature

minamiyukihimenonaka

minamiyukihimenonaka

taken account!

Definetely Illustrator!

Vector between photoshop and illustrator are totally different. In photoshop, pen tool only use for making selection (saved in alpha channel) and final result still..bitmap images! (not real vector). Called true vector if your shapes can enlarged in any size without losing detail, and true vector definetely construct from postscipt object, not pixel, yeah color in bitmap images represent by each pixel. I'm not point that photoshop bad for vectoring, but i talk for it software purpose. General format for True vector usually using .eps (encapsulated postscript) which 100% editable and most compatible in any vector-based application. The common format are .svg (scalable vector graphics), can be preview in your web browser. Other format like .ai (adobe illustrator), .fh (macromedia freehand), .cdr (coreldraw) are standar vector format from each developer. I'm suggest for better result, combine your photoshop and illustarator. Sharp vector from illustrator can be read as 'smart object' in photoshop (cs2 above only). in photoshop cs3, you can applying smart filter. Smart filter is filter to applying effects to postscipt/vector objects. Integration between that software can generate perfect result. True vector in illustrator placed with gorgeous effects from photoshop encore your vectoring exprience!
Overally, the best application for vector are illustrator (100% the easiest way to vectoring anime! )
I'm sure that's no big problem cause illustrator have some similiar interface with photoshop. You'll know if you try it. Latest version of illustrator now in version 13.0. (CS3) with some new features unavailable in cs2. Sorry i'm not suppossed for proud myself. I just want to tell you the right vector definition, cause many people around me doesn't undesstanding vector graphics. I hope my opinion can be useful. I'm plan to make mini-vectoring tutorial based illustrator myself in pdf and swf format, but not finish until now.

Happy Illustrator,
Happy AI !

merged: 04-12-2008 ~ 12:55am
Definetely Illustrator!

Vector between photoshop and illustrator are totally different. In photoshop, pen tool only use for making selection (saved in alpha channel) and final result still..bitmap images! (not real vector). Called true vector if your shapes can enlarged in any size without losing detail, and true vector definetely construct from postscipt object, not pixel, yeah color in bitmap images represent by each pixel. I'm not point that photoshop bad for vectoring, but i talk for it software purpose. General format for True vector usually using .eps (encapsulated postscript) which 100% editable and most compatible in any vector-based application. The common format are .svg (scalable vector graphics), can be preview in your web browser. Other format like .ai (adobe illustrator), .fh (macromedia freehand), .cdr (coreldraw) are standar vector format from each developer. I'm suggest for better result, combine your photoshop and illustarator. Sharp vector from illustrator can be read as 'smart object' in photoshop (cs2 above only). in photoshop cs3, you can applying smart filter. Smart filter is filter to applying effects to postscipt/vector objects. Integration between that software can generate perfect result. True vector in illustrator placed with gorgeous effects from photoshop encore your vectoring exprience!
Overally, the best application for vector are illustrator (100% the easiest way to vectoring anime! )
I'm sure that's no big problem cause illustrator have some similiar interface with photoshop. You'll know if you try it. Latest version of illustrator now in version 13.0. (CS3) with some new features unavailable in cs2. Sorry i'm not suppossed for proud myself. I just want to tell you the right vector definition, cause many people around me doesn't undesstanding vector graphics. I hope my opinion can be useful. I'm plan to make mini-vectoring tutorial based illustrator myself in pdf and swf format, but not finish until now.

Happy Illustrator,
Happy AI !

going lower surpass the higher.

it's a bit long... but it's really helpful! ^-^

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.