Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to know a scan has been enlarged or not ? - Minitokyo

How to know a scan has been enlarged or not ?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hi! I'm now in a very uncomfortable sittuation. My submittion was deleted because it was an enlarged scan. This is not the first time anyway. Well, I dont care much about that, INDEED it was not my scan, I found it on an image board, if it is required I can provide the link where I got it from. But I am restricted now because of it. I just want to ask how to know a scan has been enlarged or not, so next time I can be a little more careful when planning on submitting something ? And since the case was pretty clear now, when I can get back to be a normal member ?
Thanks for checking out . Geez, sure being restricted is no good at all T_T T_T T_T

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well to let you know, it doesn't matter who did the enlarging - you're pretty much responsible for whatever you submit, so you have to check over the quality and everything.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into that, because it's up to the moderator who restricted you to tell you more on when you'll be unrestricted.

How to tell if a scan has been enlarged?

- Pixels
Does the picture look like it's made up of dappled squares? If so, it's been enlarged.

- Outlines
Do the outlines kind of look fuzzy and not so solid? Perhaps this is a sign of enlargement. This is obvious in thicker lines though - imagine if they were smaller, finer lines. They'd be crisp - if they are zigzaggy or not very solid, it's possibly a sign of enlargement.

- Blocks of colours: are they discoloured? (Artefacts)
Take a part of the scan for example. If there is a pink dress and you find that the colours seem to not be a single "colour" and the colours look pushed out/ sparse, then it's a sign of enlargement.

There are a dozen of other ways you can tell - those are just a few. It takes a while to train the eye and be able to tell. But you will have to pretty much look at every single part of the scan carefully in full view. Mostly it's the pushing apart of colours and the pixellation. Sometimes it's harder to tell if smart blur is applied, though.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Thanks a lot :). Good example, I'll try next time

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.