Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Do You Think Of Dropping Out Of School? - Minitokyo

What Do You Think Of Dropping Out Of School?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Tell me what you think of dropping out of school, ever since i can remember when i first got to highschool, i've seen students dropping out in their senior year and the year they graduate, and some students who drop out by the time thier 16, i'm basically still in highschool even tho i'm one of the oldest students there and i don't think dropping out is the answer, and some students like some of my friends ask me that sometimes, and i just don't wanna quit highschool just because you failed some classes, i've failed like math alot and took in summer school once in my sophomore year for english, biology, and math, but last year when i was suppose to graduate, i was goin to go to summer school or take the online summer school and the guidance counselor but they just told me to retake the classes again, and i'm like wtf, thats really not right, so apparently i won't graduate in 08 either, after this year i'm goin to go to community college or maybe a private one to finish and get the finishing credits there, what do you think of dropping out of being the answer or not?

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

I think it's not the answer... i know lots of people in my school of mostly farmers dropped out, but they were mostly the problem people. The druggies, or fighters of the school. You can always get yor GED but it always looks better on your reseme to have the diploma, but i would seriously question what that consulor of your's said, or second opinion. That is not right!

Love,
~* Lacus *~

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

its stupid

It depends on your situation. I personally wouldn't. But that's me. So to start off, you need to answer some basic questions.

What is important to you? (Is it pay? Is it feeling of accomplishment? Is it moving out into the world? And all that jazz.)

Are your plans in life really dependent upon getting the diploma? Or will a GED Certificate satisfy those plans?

Are you willing to put the time into getting the diploma? Or do you simply want to go straight to the Junior College and forgo the formality of the high school diploma?

Do you have any life plans that may get pushed back because of taking another year to accomplish this? Or can they wait?

If you can answer these questions, I think the answer will be obvious to you. You're also more than welcome to IM/PM me if you want to talk about it more.

Well......That's really up to you to decide, & no one else.
If you feel you want to accomplish something in the future or have a great career, it would be best if you stay in school.
& if you decide to drop out but have an okay job & your happy with then that's all that matters ;) (it's not what other people think) but remember it's never to late to go back to school/collage if you decide to change your mind. There's alway's something you can do to reach your dreams, but never give up! :)

I think dropping out isnt the end of the world..
Well i kinda did to the extent that i dropped all my uni test subject just b4 i finished them...i regretted for a while..had REALLy average marks, ok but i graduated...but had no chance of gettin into uni by my results..but I did by another pathway :)
And u know, its like...u can always go to college, senmon gakkou (dono what that is in english), just private institutions to gather points..go overseas...all that and ull get life experience..if u think ur bright enough to survive and get and get along without school, theres lotsa ways u can achieve..just maybe not as straight forward..but from where i stand, the next step up from highschool aslong as u get in, itll work out coz no ones really gonna care about ur school marks after u graduate from a college or uni..

\(^o^)/

in my opinion, you should just stay in school, so you'll get a better job in the future. dropping out of school isn't the end of the world, but you're going to have to work in a fast-food restaurant, or a convinience store. which gives you small amounts of money, and never getting married. unless, you're really talented enough to become a celebrity, which i don't think you should take that kind of chance and not having a back-up plan if you don't get famous. so just STAY IN SCHOOL!

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I think it is alright since i know someone who did but eventually got his GED but I stayed in school so eveyrone has their own path so enve though I feel it is best to stay but everyone goes their own way.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

if the dropout gets a decent job secured, i say go for it. there are plenty of successful dropouts/never went to college people out there. sure the chances are slim to none, but there are options. who's to say a college grad will always be successful? sure the chances are higher, but I'd rather personally higher the person with the most experience in a field than someone who knows how to do it theoretically. unless the dropout doesn't know jackshit, then he's screwed.

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

If you want to get to college, if you're at LEAST 16, you can try your hand at the GED test, but nonetheless, I'm not sure if you'll be able to make it to college without your high school diploma All the colleges are very strict about it. However being a high school "dropout" is nothing to be proud of FOR A REASON.

It's not like anyone said "Hey, I love high school life so I'm gonna stay until I graduate." Many people have been bullied and tortured and have been through so much in their high school like that they grow up to despise people.

Dropping out and running away from your problems will get you no where. Everyone's thought of doing it, but it's not the way to go. Just grind your teeth and bear it. You've already spent 2-3 years of your life there, drop out now and it's a waste.

HOWEVER, if you merely want to graduate early, (meaning take your exam to get your high school diploma and then take the GED to get to college or whever) you can go ahead, I graduated from high school early by mail and soon I'll be going to college. If you're smart enough, you don't need to waste 4 yrs of your life. So GO FOR IT! ;3

But again, if you're stating that you want to drop out "without a diploma". That idea won't really work for you. You should talk to your parents about this. Board of Ed approves homeschooling. So enter homeschool and take your test (they hold it various places all over NY for those who want their diploma) and then BAM! Look out college! X3

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

hope917

hope917

lifeisabeautifulsong

there are some cases in the world where dropping out may result in a better outcome for people. if you have such an opportunity coming towards you, i would advise you to grab it.

but as we all know, in MOST cases, getting a college degree and graduating from high school is the best choice. even if studying in high school is tedious and graduating difficult, you will have that much advantage over people who have dropped out. and of course, it is more likely that you will get a more secure job in your later years. dont just think about NOW, but also think about the many, many years to come. i hope this helps! =D

Music.

Bizarre

Bizarre

The One

Dropping out of school... is ridiculous... especially when you're in your senior years...
If you fail on a subject, it's not enough reason to quit... even if you're bullied in school, it's still not enough reason...
If you lack the motivation to study, then just think of the expenses your parents endured all these years... put your self in their shoes and ask yourself "am I doing the right thing?"

imconfused

imconfused

....Something?

DONT

don't correct my spelling

Take it from someone who has a Bachelor's degree, it is almost impossible to find a job with a college degree I can't even begin to imagine what not having high school diploma will do for you...if you like the idea of earning minium wage whilst cleaning hotel rooms, working the fryer at Burger King, or being the peon at a retail store for the rest of your natural life...than quit school. If not...I suggest you continue on with your education because the work force is extremely competitive and the more you have the higher your chances of attaining a good paying job are. PLEASE DO NOT DROP OUT OF SCHOOL YOU"LL REGRET IT!

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

what i think of "dropping out": ridiculous!, makes no sense.

unless minimum wage sounds like a good idea to anyone, i would advise against such ideas.

Quote by totorofan33Take it from someone who has a Bachelor's degree, it is almost impossible to find a job with a college degree I can't even begin to imagine what not having high school diploma will do for you...if you like the idea of earning minium wage whilst cleaning hotel rooms, working the fryer at Burger King, or being the peon at a retail store for the rest of your natural life...than quit school. If not...I suggest you continue on with your education because the work force is extremely competitive and the more you have the higher your chances of attaining a good paying job are. PLEASE DO NOT DROP OUT OF SCHOOL YOU"LL REGRET IT!

ditto^^

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

i will never drop out of school.

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

I see it like this.
Dropping out of school is of course a bad idea from the get go.
Personally a big no.
However, it also depends on the situation.

Possibilities are: You can't afford staying in school.
-You keep failing and you feel like giving up.
-Family tragedies.
-You found that oh so rare lucky break that befalls one in a billion people.
-Really hard time socially and emotionally.
etc.
Hating school doesn't count.

Besides, like it or not, a schools primary objective is to educate you as much as possible.
To prepare you for the future in society.
Without a diploma or a degree, you won't get very far in life economically.
Unless you have an alternate path, that is.
But that doesn't work most of the time.

For the most part, stay in school, you won't regret it.
Once you're finished, you'll be all set to take on life, depending on what you studied for.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

OtakuDrewrbb

OtakuDrewrbb

Great Teacher Largo - MegaTokyo

hi agian long time no talk lol.
i just wanted to stop in and give you a shout from iraq lol and ask WHY? lol honestly i think it is you decision and all but it will help you in the future and it really didn't help me to goto college and stayin school cuz i joined the military lol :P but i wanted to let you know that i'm rooting for you and hope you make a smart decision and all :)

You are all going to fight the Zombies, you can take my mind but not my spirt. Mosh Mosh Revolution!!!

I think dropping out is a good idea for some people. I have considered dropping out because of the stress school has caused me. I have always been a good student, but everyone expects too much from me. In the past couple of years, my grades have dropped drastically. I feel ill all the time and have serious bouts of depression, and no one seems to care. I really don't know what else to do now.

I do know some people who dropped out of school because they thought it was too hard. Those are also the people who usually never pay attention and refuse help when it's offered to them. I don't think that's a good enough reason to drop out. If you work really hard and you just can't seem to undersand any of it, no matter how hard you try, then maybe you should drop out. There are other options (albeit, not very good options). It just depends on the life you want and how much money you'll need.

You're very persistent with your education in spite of your failures, and that's a very good sign. That's what you need for your future college life. I never advise anyone to drop out of school. It's the a very risky and unwise decision according to today's employment criteria. You'll have better opportunities with a educational degree. No matter how long it takes, do not stop trying. I know many people who achieved excellent status although it seemed late for them.

Get out of the school only if you are specially skillful at something and you know how to develop it later.I any other case you are throwing out your future before it begins.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

Not a great idea. Stops a lot of things before they even start.

HELL NO
i have a dream career to fulfill! :nya:

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I think it's stupid. These days, you need a Bachelors Degree just to make any decent kind of money, and dropping out of high school doesn't exactly make that happen.

When I graduated from high school in 2005, I was part of the smallest graduating class in my high school's 29-year history. I forget the exact number, but between 50 and 80 seniors (myself included) walked across the stage at our ceremony.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.