Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 soubi wall & valentine's day wall - Minitokyo

soubi wall & valentine's day wall

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

ok, let's start!
i need help. not with one, but with 2 walls :\
first , the valentines day one:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8444/plushies2iw1.th.png
i wanted this one to be a simple wall, with 2D stuff, nuffin complicated, that would remind of a child's drawing.

second, the soubi wall:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9996/soubiwallqt1.th.png
the idea was to make him look like a ghost or sumth transparent and focus on his eye, the flower and the butterfly (didn't put the idea in words right, but i hope you got it ^_^'). problem is, i dunno if it's to simple to be put on mt. any suggestions?

please, don't just tell me they're cute or that u like them, although that would make me happy. i need ur honest opinion, if they'll stay on mt and if not, what i need to do to make them stay :D. btw, english is not my native language so i might have a few problems with understanding what u'r explaining. also, keep in mind that i use paint shop pro, not photoshop

p.s. i'm trying to keep them as simple as possible, with emphasis on the subjects chosen and not the whole image.

The composition of Valentines Day wallpaper is already pretty good, I only noticed some flaws in your execution. For example the brown bears eyes have different sizes and the shape of his heart looks a little weird, the pink bears arm and face look slightly odd (the way his nose is above his arm). Also the bears outlines look blurryer than the big hearts outlines for some reason. Because you mentioned it's supposed to look like a children's drawing I'm not sure to what degree this is intentional.

I guess I understand what you aimed for in the second wall but my personal opinion is that the lineart can't stand on it's own because it has too little detail and compared to his eye his body looks rather hollow as well. My advice would be that you vector him monochrome ( in black, white, grey) and only use colour on his eye the butterfly and the flower (the way it's done in this wallpaper).

Good luck to you :)

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

sorry for not mentioning it in the initial post: the bears are vectored from a snapshot i took while in a shop. i wasn't exactly in front of them and they weren't sitting nicely, either :D. they're basically in different positions so, yeah, perspective (or at least, an attempt):D. that explains both the different eye size and the nose above his arm. ok, found the original image.

as for the soubi wall, i think monochrome would eliminate the shadow/creepin out of the darkness/hollow/melting in the background/ghost aspect i wanted to give it. maybe using close to black grey tones?

Seeing the photo clears things up a little, I guess it's pretty hard to vector plushies but maybe you should try to fix things that seem odd to you (like the eyes).
As you want to stick with your original idea for the soubi wallpaper my only further advice would be that you really put all your hard work into the outlines. If I were you I'd try to use filled outlines ,here's a tut for that which I found on Vectory. Kuroimisa made a wall once that was similar to your idea I think so maybe you want to take a look at it as well.

Good luck with your work once more.

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by ErdbeermilchThe composition of Valentines Day wallpaper is already pretty good, I only noticed some flaws in your execution. For example the brown bears eyes have different sizes and the shape of his heart looks a little weird, the pink bears arm and face look slightly odd (the way his nose is above his arm). Also the bears outlines look blurryer than the big hearts outlines for some reason. Because you mentioned it's supposed to look like a children's drawing I'm not sure to what degree this is intentional.

i agree. i would suggest referring to this tutorial first: http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/pentool/ and then i would view MapleRose's PSP tutorials here: http://maplerose.minitokyo.net/

ny main point is your paths have too many anchor points. a curve should only have 2 points- for maximum smoothness.

your 2nd wall seems very intriguing. i would work on the stem and perhaps shade it the same color as the guy's ? eyes. a gradient may be ideal as well.

On the Soubi(whom I love) one- just get more detail in the line art, if possible. it would also be cool to see it as a white on dark salmony red colour.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Don't bump old threads. Closed.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.