Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whenever your sick. . . - Minitokyo

Whenever your sick. . .

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

RieRen

RieRen

Jealousy's The Cousin of Greed

What do you do to feel better?

Lately I have been sick, and I hate it! My head hurts, I can't breathe through my nose, and my stomach is in pain too! ((I think the stomach pain is from a 3 month old Ramen I ate though. . .)) Anyway I usually just take some pills but they take forever to work! So instead I try to do others to make me feel better. Like whenever my stomach hurts, I just curl up in a ball and it eases the pain. Only whenever I get up, it hurts even worst ^_^' guess that isn't a good idea. . .

Anyway, what do you all do to try to make yourself feel better whenever your sick. Besides the obivous pills and medicine.

playing games might help video games......

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

If my head hurts like a bitch, I usually take some medicine and lie down for a while. If it's anything else, I usually sit down to play videogames or watch something in an effort to distract myself with something.

AshuraYamato

AshuraYamato

Roger Rox!

I normally take a lot of meds and get a lot of sleep. That always helps me. Oh and lots of music and movies!

-"Some say that the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice."
~Robert Frost~

Embrace the pain, for it is proof you are still alive. If all else fails take some Pepto Bismol and/or some tylenol.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

I usually try to sleep it off. That always seems to help me. Plus while you're asleep you don't feel it :P
Of course you can't just sleep all the time, so when I can't sleep I just try to occupy myself with something to keep busy. If my stomach's hurting really bad I tend to curl up in a ball and close my eyes and see if it goes away. Either way, being sick sucks >.<
And you're right, medicine takes forever to work and once it does start working it doesn't do much...
And I'm sick right now, so I'm keeping myself busy by being on MT :P

Signature

I just watch a lot of anime episodes to distract myself. Medicine just makes me drowsy and doesn't make me feel better at all, so I just do something fun.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

When I get sick it's usually from a cold (so it means I can't sleep).
I'll take some meds like Advil/Tylenol for colds and watch what I call my "sick movies" -- movies I watch whenever I feel sick. In this case, "A Bug's Life" and "Monster's INC".
Something that requires concentration also works well. It takes your mind off feeling sick.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

cygnostratus

cygnostratus

Raijin Gaeshi

...recite sutras...

FinalFantasyFans|Ecchi-Club
Signature Image
You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness

haha, recite sutras, nice one cygnostratus , my advice to feel better is, hug onto ur bolsters and blast music! :)

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

Take a nap with a little music( the easy on the ears type) on the side, or just play videogames if I still have the strength and concentration to do it

hinata24

hinata24

deidara lover

when my stomach hurts i sit on my couch, listen to my emo music, and then rock slowly back and forth while holding my stomach...after a while i feel much better....

hinata24

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Nothing absolutely nothing. I just do what I normally do and let my body take care of the rest. I don't take any sort of medicine. Haven't since I was about 9 or so. I see no point your justing building up your bodies immunity to them. Best just to let this run naturally.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

I also do nothing different to usual as I rarely get ill. It comes from having a ridiculous immune system, meaning that I'm over it by the next day at the latest. With this in mind, I see no reason to not do whatever it is that I plan for the day.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

Rest and Listen to instrumental music..

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I sleep and usually listen to music. Drink hot liquids, like tea with a little honey. That really helps with sore throat. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water too. If your stomach hurts, try to slowly eat some bland foods: rice, toast, oatmeal. That way, it fills you up and isn't to spicy to make your stomach hurt more. Stay away from milk. Milk always makes my throat gross when I'm sick and it sometimes makes my stomach hurt too. My mother always said its not the best for you when you're sick... and she's taken nursing classes. ^^

Oh also, I always got severe stomach pains from taking de-mucus/expectorant kind of medicine when I had the flu. >_<

Hope you feel better soon and get some rest.

I try to rest a bit more, yet continue doing what I usually do. I really don't like my daily errands to be interrupt by sickness or such stuffs. Although I dislike taking medications, I do take them if my sickness is sever or I need to get well soon. My mom -a doctor- used to say that sometimes even when our body seems well, it is truly not well enough. The sickness is somehow left hidden in it if certain and needed medications are not taken properly. Other than that, I think getting enough rest is the best solution. Sometimes taking things a bit easier is good ;)

I lay on the couch, watch TV, and cover myself in covers. My mother makes me drink lots of hot water and usually I sleep a lot. My mother also makes some really good soup, though she doesn't let me put salt in it. When I'm sick, with say a fever, it's to the point in which I can't even do any work.

Drink milk and cuddle my pillows and sleep until my headache wakes me up

Oh.... not to mention watch as much anime as I can

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

usually if i feel shit it usually it tends to be my head, i will just drink some tea or some meds to make feel better, but most of the time i do tend to play my videogames while lying down. that tends to make me feel better at all times.

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

Bizarre

Bizarre

The One

Whenever I feel sick I get plenty of rest, eat nutritious foods, and take my medicines regularly.

I sleep, so while I'm asleep I can't feel anything ^^
if it's something between the bones, I ask someone to do a massage for me. Might be painful, but helpful...a lot c:

when im sick, i fake taking medicine, when my mom leaves i go crazy or draw, and i dont get better for long time. hee hee? i dont like being sick, but if get out of school, thats what i'll do...^ ^

When I get sick with like the flu and stuff, I drag myself downstairs with my pillows and huge blanket and make some sort of nest on my couch in front of the TV. Then I select some DVDs and pop them in. For some reason "The Mummy" and at least one or two Miyazaki movies make it on the list. Oh and I always have some Camomile tea and eat a bunch of green peppers. Green peppers...weird ritual, but I've been doing it since I was a kid, don't know if it really works, it's probably just a placebo effect, but it always makes me feel better. ^_^'

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.