Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scanner Assistance Please - Minitokyo

Scanner Assistance Please

page 1 of 1 3 total items

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I was given a scanner. Its a HP scanjet 2300c. I've scanned some of my manga in different resolutions, but cannot get rid of this "junk" that continues to show up on the scanned images. The "junk" are lines of speckled color. I have all the software I need to use the scanner and all the drivers are updated. I've cleaned the surface of the scanner, but I don't want to open it up unless I HAVE to. I have PSP9 and have tried to clean up my scans to no avail. I'm at the end of my rope with this scanner. T_T

Does the scanner need cleaning?

Is the scanner light freezing up and causing the "lines"?

Is this a scanner problem or software?

Did I make a simple mistake in scanning it in too high of a resolution (I've done 200dpi - 1200dpi and it shows up every time)?

Is this a common problem ?

I've used this scanner to submit things before here on MT, but its never done this before now. >_<

Any help or sugestions to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated. :D
Thank you very much for your help!

Here's an example of the "junk lines" I've been talking about. Its a section of a scan done in 300dpi.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/yothsothgoth/DeadTownScanin300dpi.jpg

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

a few questions:
what software are you using? is it Hp?
are you scanning directly into PSP 9?

here is a scanning tutorial i penned ages ago: Dream's Guide to Scanning in Photoshop.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I'm scanning directly into PSP 9. Import from the scanner.
The scanner seems to get along better with PSP 9 software than with its own.
Thank you so much for the tutorial link. I'll try that and post results here.
Thanks again for your help! :D

merged: 02-17-2008 ~ 11:43am
I ended up trying again. After awhile, it the lines became not so prominant.
I went ahead and submitted the two scans, so feel free to check them.
I just cleaned them up the best I knew how. Hope they're allright. ^_^'

merged: 02-18-2008 ~ 11:55am
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/yothsothgoth/DorisLarmica-sample.jpg

I scanned it again a few more times. This 600dpi is the best it gets. -_-' I dunno what to do. Btw, the complete image is approx. 3,200 x 4,900px and is over 3megs in size. I know I'll need to make it smaller for MT to take it, but I wanted a high quality scan too. I can't seem to figure out the lines. I apologize for being new to scanning from manga, but could this be caused by the textured paper? Botchii deleted the last one, so I'd like to get it right this time. ^^

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.