Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Clamp's X - Quick Question - Minitokyo

Clamp's X - Quick Question

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Hi.

I recently just asked a friend to lend me his copy of X. But when I was finally going to watch it, I noticed that 1 DVD was movie, and the others the series.

So, I just wanna ask which one I should watch first? Movie or series?

Thanks.

Depends on which one you'd prefer to watch. They are both different tellings of the X story but other than that, have no connection so you can watch whichever first.

Here's a summary of what they're like from Wiki (but personally, I'd prefer the manga over both):
Feature film
The X feature film, directed by Rintaro (Captain Herlock, Doomed Megalopolis) and co-scripted by Nanase Ohkawa, premiered August 3, 1996 in Japan. The supernatural thriller focuses on the roles Kamui, Kotori, and F?ma play in the Apocalypse, reducing the Dragons of Heaven and Earth to peripheral characters. Even though the abbreviated story fails to place the characters' action in the proper context, the film is praised for its dreamlike atmosphere, powerful imagery and visually engaging action sequences. The film is considered a technical masterpiece, but it lacks plot and character development.

TV Series
The television series is considered a better adaptation than the feature film. The 2001 incarnation makes use of its longer running time and episode format to explore the original mythos and works the characters' back-stories into the narrative through the use of flashbacks.

Thanks a lot.

I think I'll go with the series first.

Movie was sooo horrible. Not worth of wathing >,<

I watched the movie before the serie, should'nt have done that.
defenetly watch the serie first or better yet, read the manga before you watch the serie

i watched movie before serie and i like movie than serie too

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I watched the movie when it was first released then the series upon it's release, the series was better but the movie was good too, but watch them both it's best to have started with the movie first because the series is better hehe x-japan sings the ending song to the movie ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

i recommand the serie too.

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

Hrmmm... The movie and the series are different entities in their right; both have different contents and endings, so I guess it's fine with whatever you watch first. ^^

You should read the manmga 1st. the anime and the movie have different endings you'll be much more satified if you read the manga watch the anime then the movie... i think that what i did anyway....

i would also recommend to read the manga Tokyo Babylon

like the one above- read the manga first to get the main story. it doesn't matter if u watch the series or movie first. they all tell the story but with differences!
hope that helps

xragunax

xragunax

The Wind that Vanishes into Dusk

i only know it is a very old anime by clamp...

the series first then the movie ... the movie is a little confusing and it doesnt explain the plot. its more like an alternative plot to the series.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.