Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do Vector artists have rights? - Minitokyo

Do Vector artists have rights?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Well I'm interested to find out as a vector artist, if I actually have any rights to the vectors I've made. The original images I did not create nor any of the characters themselves. My question comes about as I've just found one of my vectors on a wallscroll for sale on ebay. I immediatly recognized it as such because the thumbnail the seller provided had my name on it and the title of the vector. He claimed to have bought it from a distributor and is reselling it. I've reported it to ebay, but all they can do is have me fax them a sheet proving I have rights to the picture and as such they would remove the auction. Now for myself this is the first thing I've seen of mine on ebay, however I've seen several wallpapers and other vectors placed upon such things as wallets, lighters and wallscrolls. So, do we have any rights to our versions of the art we made?

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Oh wow, that would freak me out, to see a vector of mine being sold 0_0 I'd also like to know what people have to say about this.
That means other people actually make money from our vectors and walls. Wow >.<
P.S. Which vector was it?

Signature

fluke

fluke

It is this one - KNOCK OUT! by fluke

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

... What an arse T_T

When you told ebay about the vector being yours, did you send them the link of your vector on MT?

Technically, we do have rights to our works, it's just the information people need to protect your rights is based on information on the internet. That type of information is probably the worst kind in your situation.

And once again, what a douche. That dude on ebay should get a life T_T

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

no you don't have rights. The main company (whoever happened to make the anime) could tell e-bay they don't want their stuff sold, but a vector is no more your own work than if i took a canvas and basically copied a Dali painting and thought it was my own. It is your WORK in some respects but not your rights. You could however bring the case against the image being used outside of this site that you don't approve. Even then, though, there would be a very small chance of any legal recourse. So yeah, e-bay won't do much unless the parent company who owns the characters and their likeness decides they don't want the item sold since it's not their product (its a vector).

-Boojitsu21

p.s. - this is from my minimal knowledge of law, don't think of it as 100% accurate.

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

eBay....ugh. There are a lot of creeps down there, I'll give y'all that.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

fluke

fluke

Well it seems that the person was nice enough after several emails back and forth to remove the items from auction. I feel bad however since he did not create them but he himself bought them for resale from a distributor...whose name I did not get from him.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.