Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A question for you, my dear God-believer. - Minitokyo

A question for you, my dear God-believer.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

If God commanded you to kill a person to make amends for some sin you have committed -

- would you do so?

Just a thought.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

If by God you mean a hot chick, and if by kill someone you mean make out with her then I would so do it. It wouldn't even be for a sin I committed, it would just be because she's hot.

Take that serious question!

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

That would contradict my own religious beliefs... unless you're talking about the crucifixion of Christ, which all sins were forgiven because of His sacrifice... then, yes... and it already happened.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by shoujoboyIf by God you mean a hot chick, and if by kill someone you mean make out with her then I would so do it. It wouldn't even be for a sin I committed, it would just be because she's hot.

Get a girlfriend, sho.

If that God was Haruhi Suzumiya and that someone was Mikuru Asahina, I definitely will.

Signature

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

we can hear His voice if He wants us to hear. it means not a random person. n if he wants us to kill someone, it's because He wants to test us, if u'll do anything He asks, or not. but He'll not tell us to kill someone, bcoz God's always tells us to care for others like care for urself.

Signature

well first one a sin cant be cleansed by a sin, even God states in his commandments that Thou shall not kill. And even if God did tell me i just wouldn't even if he says it is to "amend" for ALL my sins and even if he says its alright to kill him - my first reaction of course will be "is this God" lol - but really i think whether a person should live or die shouldn't be dictated by someone else and that i just think its wrong lol but if i were to kill some one it would be because i think he is a serious threat to the lives of many and that even prison can't hold him, i still think its wrong to kill but i would bear the sin i guess but we'll see what i were ever to be faced with such a situation^^

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by jakulito

Quote by shoujoboyIf by God you mean a hot chick, and if by kill someone you mean make out with her then I would so do it. It wouldn't even be for a sin I committed, it would just be because she's hot.

Get a girlfriend, sho.

If that God was Haruhi Suzumiya and that someone was Mikuru Asahina, I definitely will.

lol irony on teh internets!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/northevil/emoticons/lupin-harhar.gif

Doing another wrong won't make it right. Being the usual blur, unbelieving person that I am, I would probably say "HUH?!" and when it finally hits me, I'd run off, far far away, as far as my legs can carry me. But God is omnipotent and ever present, I doubt that I'd get far. Anyway, I doubt God would ask me to kill someone, it's inappropriate and out of the question. God created mankind and He didn't mean for us to kill each other.

If I met God, how could it I be sure it's even him in the first place?
Did you ever hear the saying, if you meet God, kill him?
We can never be sure what God wants.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

DarthTofu is in reference to:
"Embrace nothing:
If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha.
If you meet your father, kill your father.
Only live your life as it is,
Not bound to anything."

...and yes, its difficult to know what God wants.

kotaru

kotaru

Solitude Cried

I agree with the other guys. In addition, God would not command us to kill somebody even if it were to amend our sins. It would be contradictory to His Decalogue or the Ten Commandments, particularly the Sixth!

beyondmeasure

Quote by kotaruI agree with the other guys. In addition, God would not command us to kill somebody even if it were to amend our sins. It would be contradictory to His Decalogue or the Ten Commandments, particularly the Sixth!

Remember Abraham?

Remember Moses?

Remember the Mormon faith?

merged: 03-28-2008 ~ 01:58pm

Quote by priincesswe can hear His voice if He wants us to hear. it means not a random person. n if he wants us to kill someone, it's because He wants to test us, if u'll do anything He asks, or not. but He'll not tell us to kill someone, bcoz God's always tells us to care for others like care for urself.

Remember Abraham?

Remember Moses?

Remember Islam?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

remember, now what? i think i already explained it. God told Abraham to kill His son. when he wanted to kill him, God knows that Abraham will do evrything God says. then He gave evrything what Abraham's need, more than before.

Signature

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

I agree that GOD doesn't want us to kill others, but to care and cherish one another.
If GOD were to ask you to kill someone, it is merely to test your devotion and loyalty towards GOD.
We must never stoop so low as to wish or attempt to inflict death upon others, we are not the ones who decide these things.
Besides, it won't get us anything, just a scar of murder and guilt.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

onyhow

Survivor...

Quote by BlackSpongeIf GOD were to ask you to kill someone, it is merely to test your devotion and loyalty towards GOD.

So you'll still loyal to god if it orders genocide?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Can I just go kill someone off and say I'm doing the lord's work? Seriously, would anybody miss Pauly Shore or Carrot Top? God might not tell me to do it, but I'm sure he'd be cool with it.

Oh and FYI for all you non-believers, God exists in human form. He is actually someone you may know very well. Here's a hint: He is tired of those mother f***ing snakes on that mother f***ing plane. Yup, God is Samuel L Jackson.

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

you think so? i thought morgan freeman was god. hahaha. anyway, you got religious terrorists saying their doing god's work by killing infidels. so i can't see why you can't shoujoboy.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: anyway, you got religious terrorists saying their doing god's work by killing infidels.

they dont understand God clearly enough.

Signature

Then I can just out right deny that you don't understand god.

Cause the whole concept of god is faith... and since they have faith, then they obviously will say themselves that they understand god, but if you deny them that, then you're just being ignorant.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

Quote by BlackSponge I agree that GOD doesn't want us to kill others, but to care and cherish one another.
If GOD were to ask you to kill someone, it is merely to test your devotion and loyalty towards GOD.
We must never stoop so low as to wish or attempt to inflict death upon others, we are not the ones who decide these things.
Besides, it won't get us anything, just a scar of murder and guilt.

This reminds me of a particular dialog from Justice League...

=======================

Shining Knight: "Once, at the word of my lord King Arthur, I was ordered to lay waste to an entire village. I knew my king's heart could not be so unjust, so I spared them all."
General Elling: "Then you are a lousy soldier."
Shining Knight: "There it is... The creeping moral decay of the past thousand years."

-Justice League Unlimited: Patriot Act

========================

The same situation applies here. Death is death, no matter the situation. Not to sound proud, but given the circumstance, even God in his vengeful form wouldn't be as cold to command a human to carry out a will such as that. That is not God's will; that is fanatical hypocrisy. Besides, why would God command us to defy his own rule of law? (i.e. the commandments)

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote by priincess

Quote: anyway, you got religious terrorists saying their doing god's work by killing infidels.

Or that is how they understand God to be. Just because your God doesn't command killing people doesn't mean theirs doesn't. Kind of self-centered if you ask me to be so damned sure you understand God more than somebody else might.

beyondmeasure

Quote by priincess

How do you tell that your religion preaches the right thing?

merged: 03-29-2008 ~ 07:04pm

Quote by GearStalker05This reminds me of a particular dialogue from Justice League...

=======================

Shining Knight: "Once, at the word of my lord King Arthur, I was ordered to lay waste to an entire village. I knew my king's heart could not be so unjust, so I spared them all."
General Elling: "Then you are a lousy soldier."
Shining Knight: "There it is... The creeping moral decay of the past thousand years."

-Justice League Unlimited: Patriot Act

========================

The same situation applies here. Death is death, no matter the situation. Not to sound proud, but given the circumstance, even God in his vengeful form wouldn't be as cold to command a human to carry out a will such as that. That is not God's will; that is fanatical hypocrisy. Besides, why would God command us to defy his own rule of law? (i.e. the commandments)

I remember that particular scene, so vividly. Then Elling (or the monster named Elling) proceeds to beat him up...

... back to topic.

Then, remember Moses when he saw what happened when he descended down the slopes of Sinai? Remember God's promise to the Israelis about the Promised Land?

Then, remember Saul, first king of Israel and what God commanded him to do that he did not do, and thus provided Samuel an excuse to anoint David?

And I'm quoting from the Bible. Alone.

To answer the first query, he saw his people kneeling down and worshipping a golden calf. He then ordered some guys to kill everybody associated with the idol-worship.

To answer the second, God promised the Israelis of the land encompassing present-day Israel. Every bit of slaughter against the various and previous inhabitants of that area was justified by that promise.

To answer the third, God ordered Saul to kill all the Amalekites. However, he spared the king and the best livestock, leading to a diatribe by Samuel about God's regretting the decision to make Saul king.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Cause the whole concept of god is faith... and since they have faith, then they obviously will say themselves that they understand god, but if you deny them that, then you're just being ignorant.

they've the wrong definition with God's lesson. what God tells us is that we cant kill people, but care others as we care of ourselves

Quote: Just because your God doesn't command killing people doesn't mean theirs doesn't. Kind of self-centered if you ask me to be so damned sure you understand God more than somebody else might.

not me, all believers will think the same. n i say evrything based from the bible.

Quote: How do you tell that your religion preaches the right thing?

the histories of it.

Signature

Quote: Remember Abraham?

Remember Moses?

Remember Islam?

Remember the Sunwell (Sorry, I just had to do that)

Quote: they've the wrong definition with God's lesson. what God tells us is that we cant kill people, but care others as we care of ourselves

And yet theres a lot of condemning, a lot of killing, a lot of that stuff in the bible. A lot of god killing people... god himself being a hypocrite.

Quote: not me, all believers will think the same. n i say evrything based from the bible.

Umm... and some can say everything based from the Qu'ran, or the Mayan book of the dead, or whatever book you want to use.

Quote: the histories of it.

And yet theres no evidence supporting it.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.