Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is PlayStation 3 loseing games? - Minitokyo

Is PlayStation 3 loseing games?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

x-lawss

x-lawss

Wanderer

Well, i feel that way or was it just me :o ?

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii, 3 great console are fighting for players hearts. I was thinking is PS3 loseing games? Like Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Monster Hunter 3 and all the Dead or Alive and so on... T_T

But PS3 also have good games too :D so as the others too :)

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

m...maybe those games are still on the production/ they are planning on making a new/ best games for
PS3 :D
and yup! PS3 haves some good games like FFXIII, FF Versus, Disgaea 3 and other cool games! XD

too bad PS3 is still expensive OX i want one though i'm not sure if my dad will bought it...
maybe he'll be waiting till the price will drop ^_^'

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

Sinever

Sinever

VK Freak

PS3 is still new & it might be losing few games but at the same time its gaining many other nice games :)
my brother already bought PS3 :D & Im waiting for FFXIII, FF Versus & many other XD

WATCH OUT! VK FREAK IS HERE! xD MUHAHAHAHAHA!

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

The Playstation 3 will be just fine, give it time. Microsoft and Nintendo have essentially used up all their flagship titles already, while Sony still has theirs coming. Nintendo is dominating the market right now, but once the whole obession with the Gamecube version 2.0 (Wii) drops off, Sony is going to be there to fill in the gap. Sony took a huge hit for the price point when they launched the PS3, but with Blu-Ray winning the format war and all their major titles still to come out, they will be just fine. I do find it slightly disturbing that all the games that are releasing multi-platform are coming out horribly for the PS3... hopefully that'll change soon.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Playstation 3 not a only a game machine!

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote by esgsPlaystation 3 not a only a game machine!

Come again?

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

magister

Ries Yukira

its not all bad for ps3..cuz nearly every game that the xbox has will turn out on ps3 sooner or later...and the same case that some ps3 titles will apear on xbox 360 and believe it or not its going to be one of the most anticipatad rpg on the ps3 and its...final fantasy 13! the hint might be that they changed their engine's to the UNREAL ENGINE instead of the first engine they used on ps3 called WHITE ENGINE!

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

Thing is, compared to the other next-gen consoles, the PS3 just has a slow start, with the high purchase price as one its first flaws.
But give it time and soon you'll see that the high impact games will hit and leave storeshelves like there's no tomorrow.
Just a bit of patience is required and also the popularity of Brawl and The upcoming Mario Kart Wii dies down.
Also, Soul Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 are on their way, something to look forward to.....kinda.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

Yeah, basically, it's still too early to say anything for certain for any of the three systems, especially the PS3 (remember all the crap people threw at it before, saying how it's going to "fail" and all that? yeah...). Although it might be possible that the PS3 might be relying on its ability to play BD discs a little bit, I can't say for sure that it is really losing games right now, nor is any company dominating the game industry so far. Gonna take another 2 years or so before I can really make my judgment.

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

It's not like it's losing games its just the game productions are slow and plus there are still game companies that still make games for the PS2(NIS just released Mana Khemia and Atlus has Arcana Heart and Persona 3 FES also they have Persona 4 at July) so you shouldn't worry about it and everyone's right there's the FFXIII and FF Versus to expect not to mention MGS4 and GTA4

I have to do Marketing Plan for Marketing class for college. I have to do a research the good and downside of PS3. As well, price, company, playstation family (PS2, PSOne, PSP), and PS3. I tell you is was not easy. Because all I care was the good side not the downside of ps3. anyways, the answer is NO. As a matter fact the other two system...more like XBOX are getting worry. Because now is 2008, more game from PS3 are coming out. The PS3 system is getting better and improve better. It out sold the PS3. Even though it doesn't sell will in the game system. It sell pretty well in the entrainment industry. So, is the cost. In the game system the cost is ALOT. But in the entrainment industry, is the chespest blu-ray. It performance is either the same or better Blu-ray stand-alone.

I can go on and on. Maybe a page or so. To keep it short. PS3 is making their combat this coming summer. Or should I say now.

I don't know if you hear. I read one of PS3 website. It stating Sony is in the process allow user to access their PS3 system with their PSP anywhere[/] or [b]place[/] as long their internet access.[/b]

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

Quote by kayo04
I don't know if you hear. I read one of PS3 website. It stating Sony is in the process allow user to access their PS3 system with their PSP anywhere[/] or [b]place[/] as long their internet access.

[/b]

Are you referring to Remote Play? cuz i think that's been available for a while now.

Quote by wes2k

Quote by kayo04
I don't know if you hear. I read one of PS3 website. It stating Sony is in the process allow user to access their PS3 system with their PSP anywhere[/] or [b]place[/] as long their internet access.

[/b]

Are you referring to Remote Play? cuz i think that's been available for a while now.

I don't remember. I think so. I don't own PS3, yet. So, is hard for me to prove my point. I don't remember where I read it. That part has been on my mind whenever I think about PS3 system.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

ZIGZO

ZIGZO

J-ROCK 4ever !!!

I always went fan of SONY but in the era 360 I admit XBOX 360 is detonating with PS3
Dark Sector per moment is exclusive for XBOX (absolute success)
maybe MG4, GOD OF WAR 3 (I wait for the game) saves PS3

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Sony's Playstations have had a history of performing well late in the market. If you look at the quality of games for Sony's consoles during the first one to two years and compare them with the games a few years after, you'll notice a remarkable difference in quality.

Just compare the difference between Devil May Cry and its successor, Devil May Cry 3.

AkikoHiramatsu

Murder....

I think this confusion of dieing games for the play station 3 Is actually the death of an old age of gaming PS3 had just riskily released a whole new wave of unknown titles like Portal ( part of the Orange box (yes it is on the PS3 Half-Life 2 fans (don't belive me http://www.amazon.co.uk/Half-Life-2-Orange-Box-PS3/dp/B000RO0ONW/ref=cm_lmf_tit_23/026-6058279-4371637)
)
or Resistance: Fall of Man are all new titles in the PS3 gaming indestury however I have played the and they are all very good games you can't say it is dieing The old generaition is dieing but a new era has sprang up

merged: 05-03-2008 ~ 05:14pm

Quote by esgsPlaystation 3 not a only a game machine!

This is a true fact How ever The play station 3 is generally aimed at the Age with the most disposable income Hence forth the Rather large price the only people willing to buy a PS3 is True gamers other wise they will simply settle for a X Box 360 or Wii We should consider this to be a gameing machine for there a much more power full systems for music, networking, movies ect.... but gaming there is no other with the shear power that a PS3 contains

i will say is let's just give some time to Play Station 3!nowadays i also have read game magazine that ps3 has been slowly being famous after release the 40GB.^^it is really a great news for me.and then there are many games have been out at ps3!so i believe it can come out a new future!^^

I say give Sony some time. PS3 is losing many games. Also they aren't backed by the ridiculous amount of Japanese games/RPG's that usually get translated and brought to the states (like PS2 was). I say give them time and they will be the dominant force in the market in like 3ish years. I may have to swallow my words if PS3 doesn't succeed though. I remember getting a PSP back in the day when it first came out. It was expensive people called me crazy it had no games on it DS was better at the time I had to accept it and say what everyone else said, that it sucked. But now I have my PSP slim Star Ocean 1 and 2 are coming out and hopefully Dissidia and Phantasy Star Portable. I have Dj max portable 2, Vakyrie Profile, Disgaea: afternoon of darkness , The Original Final Fantasy Tatictics ( in my opinion best version of the game), Monster Hunter Freedom 2 all these great games came out for the PSP and I can play music and movies and store information on it. People used to say a portable system doesn’t need to do all that stuff but it’s so great that it does do that stuff. I use my PSP WAY more than my DS because the games are NOW good and it more useful. Only Reason I cut my DS on it to play Ouendan or FF3 or FF4, or Phoenix Wright or if I’m felling brave Trama Center (all great fantastic games for the DS!).
Give the PS3 a couple of years and let Japan start making some games for it and it will get popular. I played a PS3 for the first time a little while ago, soul Caliber 4 on a huge T.V. it was awesome!
Lastly I want to say though all those people who didn’t like PSP in the beginning still don’t now even though it’s a way better system than it once was. People buy DS’s at a higher rate even though PSP is awesome and I think in the end that is what’s going to make Wii and 360 do better than PS3. Even if PS3 becomes THE best system out one day better than everything else people still won’t buy it because they have a 360 or Wii they already have one system and aren’t going to waste their time and money buying a new system and buying new games for that said new system.
P.S. I Love monster hunter PS2 version 600 hours Freedom 2 over 900 hours. I was so shocked that it’s going to the Wii and if I have to use that dang Wii mote ALL the time and there is no gamecube controller option for it I’m going to be a sad sad person. OH well it will probably do well on the Wii anyway!

PS3 is losing right now. It's an undeniable fact however I'm sure it will turned out fine because all XBOX360 games can be converted to PS3 but not the other way. There is no way PS3 games converted to XBOX360 (anyone knows MGS 4) so I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of XBOX360 games converted to PS3 sooner or later (Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, ETC) and the most important PS3 is 3RLOD free! Well that's my personal opinion if you guys disagree please say it with polite sentence (I don't want to be bugged by a XBOX360 fanboy) and by the way I'm looking for X-Edge/ Cross Edge Scans can you guys help me, please?

I will tell you my opinion. PS3 seem like do not care about exclusives and most of games from PS3 are on Xbox360 and even FFXIII is supposted to be on xbox360. If it is not losing heart of playstation lovers so I don't know how to call it. PS3 is not so much yunger than xbox but don't have many nice games and on xbox there is plenty of it. Wii is other story cause it is other gameplay and people but it because it is really next gen due to consoles before it.

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

I think the playstation 3 are troubled , the point is the producers of games they have focused in XBOX and Wii because they prefer a console less expensive who can reach more people than other more expensive who can

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

Yes! THEY ARE LOSING GAMES!

:anger: Wanna know why?! Because the PS3 is too expensive! And 2nd, it breaks down easily! It's a waste of money buying it! Only the filthy rich, the desperate, and/or the stupid actually go for it. D: Every experienced gamer knows that the PS systems have a tendency of breaking down.

This fact has been proven with the PS1, the PS2, and the PSP. And again, people post in many game forums that they bought a PS3 and it broke down after several uses.

I hear many say "I can get a refund if it breaks."

That is misjudged. You only get a refund if it malfunctions when you first buy it! If you have it for like maybe a month or more and it breaks down, they won't refund you. They'll just say "You probably broke it!" Same goes with video games and everything else you buy. Unless it breaks down when you first play it as a sign it's disfunctional, everything else is your fault. Even though it isn't.

But this problem as a whole, PS3 being freakishly expensive, companies loyal to the PS systems have been forced to scatter their games throughout other systems because not a lot of people are crazy enough to go for such a deal!

Examples? Square Enix. After FFXIII's PS3 deal, they have moved their games to the XBOX360. But they only did this AFTER THEIR RIVAL, namco, released Tales of Vesperia for the 360. Seeing as they made more money with the 360, they have found it wise to move some of their projects so they don't go bankrupt.

I hope people understand that it is us, the one paying money we saved, that are in control of the companies. If the PS3 is this expensive and people keep buying it, imagine what'll happen when the PS4 is released. Only celebrities would have the luxury of playing video games then!

Don't let this happen to the gamers of the world!

The XBOX360 and Wii have way more games anyway. If you like anime rpg's, the 360 is getting them by the truck loads and so is the Wii. You won't be missing much if you wait for the Ps3's prices to lower. the 360 and Wii (though not as grandiose as PS3) can be said to be just as good or nearly as good. The amount of quality games however are far better than PS3's. So just go for it. D:

However, for those of you who actually want a PS3 anyway, (if you honestly feel you can afford it), then go for it! The PS3 is wanted by many for its promising games. Popular series such as final fantasy and Kingdom Hearts will be moved to the PS3. And you can bet that there might even be a Tales Of game for it as well.

I am merely stating to those who can't afford it not to blow off money that you need for a PS3. The console is still there and it will be there for a long time. Heck, the PS2 is still alive and kicking. And to make money, Sony will probable keep making games for the PS2 and PSP to make up for lack of resources from the PS3. Don't go broke over a console. D: You have other options. If you can't afford, wait for prices to go down or go for a 360. Or a Wii if you're into the fitness thing.

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

Rayzi

Rayzi

Is it anime? Then no.

I work for a video game chain. EB Games, actually. We're owned by GameStop. So, this is the opinion of someone who works for a video game industry. :)

Honestly, I don't know anyone who needs A PS3 anyway. The only good thing you can get out of it is the High-definition. Which, If you want the best, you need a HD ready TV. So that's expensive unless you already have one. The system itself is 499.99 CND Dollars for the 80 GB. And it's said that it's LIMITEDLY backward compatible. And even that isn't guaranteed. So forget getting a 40 GB then. (Check Sony's website to see for yourself.)

On top of that, there is a VERY small game library for the PS3. It isn't necessarily losing games, but they do seem to come in slow. The newest one I can think of is the new Mortal Kombat, and Tomb Raider. But both of these are also available on the 360, which seems to be in much higher demand than PS3, especially since we have Holiday bundles until Christmas. (A 360 Pro bundle comes with Kung-fu panda, and Lego: Indiana Jones.)

A 360 has a WAY bigger library then almost any other system just because it's almost fully backwards compatible. There are over 400 original Xbox games that work on the 360. (Check Wikipedia and Xbox.com to see lists.)

I honestly disagree with buying a PS3 because of the limited options, and lack of a new experience. If I had to pick between a PS3 or 360, I would without hesitation go for the 360 because of game library, the many options you have to play with it, (You can put your MP3 player in it and play your songs during game-play for pete's sake! Or Play videos from your computer, through the system, and onto your TV.), and because the few games that came out for PS3 that I thought I would like to try, have almost without fail come out for the 360 as well.

That's my opinion. I have a PS2, but I was raised to be a Nintendo girl. :D Been playing Nintendo since I was 6. I will always go for a Wii because I will forever love Mario, and the Raving Rabbids. :P But a 360 for the massive amount of anime candy that I could get my hands on. *_* I mean, If you pre-ordered Luminous Arc, you get a flippin' 50+ page art-book! (Or was that Disgaea? One of them came with a soundtrack, the other an artbook..... >_>)

And about what Selemental said about getting a refund: At my store I've never had to refund. You have a year's warranty through the manufacturer, AND you can buy a warranty through the store for a year. If you buy through the store, you come to us and we replace the system for you rather than contacting the manufacturer and shipping your system away. We will ALWAYS honor your warranty IF YOU KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! We have no way of getting information through the computer. SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! We love people who do, because then we don't feel bad, and then can actually help you. :)

ppl the ps3 beats the xbox360 in every possible way, plus the xbox 360 only has like 30 games more than the ps3 and its been out for a very long time, and just a reminder for who ever forgets what ps3 means , it means blue ray and unlimited possibilities

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.