Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is PlayStation 3 loseing games? - Minitokyo

Is PlayStation 3 loseing games?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 41 total items

langwan

BIGGY

YOU SAID IT PS3 RULES but its losing it privacy ya know like final fantasy

Blue ray beats HD-DVD, huh? Well, the PS3 game library is obviously small, but its still too early to call it hopeless. PS3 can still fight and I'm not a PS3 fanboy, I'm a JRPG fanboy. So if all JRPG goes to XBOX 360, I will change my allegiance.

personally i dont think so
it prob looks like that cause there realeasing games like
one or two good ones at a time

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

I think one major reason why game publishers/companies are a bit on the "lay-low" for any titles on almost every console (especially sony's console line) is because of the massive game piracy in areas where obtaining a single (original and sometimes crappy) game may cost a whole month's worth of allowance.

When it comes for the pacing of Ps3 titles, I can't say whether the game publishers/companies are losing faith with the ps3's expensive price tag which would also lessen their sales if they do invest, or, if the other companies are just giving off better deals than sony does.

One thing's for sure though, Ps3 may have had a slow start but once the prices dropped be ready to expect game releases faster than anyone could say "utfgdsjfgbauiegakjbvausdakjsdfhaukrghasdjb(...)

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

loosing games?
Are you crazy? All games released now for consoles are, either JUST for ps3 or MULTI-CONSOLE, which means it will run in xbox360 too.
I'll tell you a top 4 of games ONLY FOR PLAYSTATION 3 that were or r going to be released: GOW3, GRAN TURISMO, METAL GEAR SOLID 4, KILL ZONE 2...

Thats it... In the end, ps3 wins from other consoles in everything... Not to mention that it is a blu-ray player...

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

Quote by carlozzzzbrloosing games?
Are you crazy? All games released now for consoles are, either JUST for ps3 or MULTI-CONSOLE, which means it will run in xbox360 too.
I'll tell you a top 4 of games ONLY FOR PLAYSTATION 3 that were or r going to be released: GOW3, GRAN TURISMO, METAL GEAR SOLID 4, KILL ZONE 2...

Thats it... In the end, ps3 wins from other consoles in everything... Not to mention that it is a blu-ray player...

but seriously, the games saw much better in the Xbox 360 than PS3, Even Hideo Kojima hates PS3... and Xbox offers Addons for my games...and i think is very good thing

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Agreed with those whose opinion is YES. The PS3 is losing games.

So, it had a slow start? Yes, it had. And this is a bad factor in the long term. Everyone is saying "give Sony some time to learn manage the whole power included in the cell processor (a relative power to be honest)". But the declining factor is, but by the time the PS3 reaches full use of its processing power, even Nintendo, aimed to a more mainstream and lower performance market, will be presenting a more powerful console. And which is much more important, with lower budgets and without changing the programming philosophies, which is an important coin in this industry.

Blu-ray adds no real value to the PS3. Why? because HDTV makers such as Samsung (the real deal) and LG are now planning to release devices with widgets, all of these integrated in the TV and dedicated to the online movie rental business. Many people already buys movies through internet like me, and the fact the Blu-ray won the format war, will not represent a real earning for a long time, if it comes to that. Who knows...

Another factor that diminishes the PS3 is that even its exclusive titles, none have reached the sales as for to call it a "killer app". And games ported to the PS3 have showed even a lower performance than its original versions. "The Orange Box" for example, was a stubborn try from EA to probe the 360 games can be outperformed by their PS3 versions, but I can only say, games will always look better on their original platform, unless the developer makes a parallel development for simultaneous release as with FFXIII.

If you ask me, I love my Steam games, but I also own a 360 and a Wii and there is no way I go for a PS3. With a crisis like this and a console like that, and Sony having being so arrogant in the past years, and with a diminishing quality as time passes (I've been with my japanese 360 for more than a year and NEVER has given me any problem), and taking other's ideas on marketing and hardware add-ons, no thanks. But no PS3 for me. No wonder why the library still has a long way to go, if not to be as large as for competing with 360, at least to have the same quality.

If anyone disagrees, I understand that perfectly. Many people at MT grew with a PS console, but that will not revert the fact that PS3 is not rentable even these days.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

selemental &Rayzi

You two need to stop talking out your asses.

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Quote by Davo

Quote by carlozzzzbrloosing games?

but seriously, the games saw much better in the Xbox 360 than PS3, Even Hideo Kojima hates PS3... and Xbox offers Addons for my games...and i think is very good thing

HIDEO KOJIMA HATES PS3? LMAO... Then why is MGS4 ONLY FOR PS3?

And dude. Do you know playstation store? It comes with the ps3 and there you can buy not only addons, but full games, blu-ray movies, themes... And its not only to buy things... There you download ANY demo... Hundrets and Hundrets of GAME VIDEOS, BLU-RAY TRAIlers... SOME ADD-ONS THAT ARE FREE, Like some musics for Guitar Hero... Man, you have to know what your talking about before saying anything.

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

@carlozzzzbr

Do you know Xbox Live?
It's the same, but better, and it came out first. You may say it costs 50 bucks a year, but that doesn't actually matters to me. That's only for the online gameplay. There is the Marketplace where you can download the very same things you're mentioning and more. In fact, Xbox Live Arcade games such as Braid have earned way better critic rating than those present at the Play station Network, which Sony still struggling to make it as functional as Xbox Live. That's another reason why I think the Wii and 360 (not to mention the PC) remain superior to the PS3.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

ZEUSSHADOW

ZEUSSHADOW

Dark Heart

When the PS3 started many said it wil fail because of the price.But the price got low and more games are coming out also the BD player it's good too.So before you say the PS3 it's not good you have to use it.

I have no reason to explain anything to you...Dragon Strike

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

During the process of prices cut, Sony had to sacrifice some hardware features to make it more accessible, so it has lost backward compatibility, as well as the ability to truly upscale old games to higher resolution modes. PS3 is a good machine, only if Sony is planning to actually be their gaming flagship for two straight generations. Something they're actually planning to do.

I already used it, and while the dashboard is quite nice, the real features for this machine aren't still paying off.

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

Quote by SebastianvonKaneDuring the process of prices cut, Sony had to sacrifice some hardware features to make it more accessible, so it has lost backward compatibility, as well as the ability to truly upscale old games to higher resolution modes. PS3 is a good machine, only if Sony is planning to actually be their gaming flagship for two straight generations. Something they're actually planning to do.

I already used it, and while the dashboard is quite nice, the real features for this machine aren't still paying off.

i agree with you Sony sacrifice much hardware...'cuz have useless things for videogame console example blu-ray i think only they put them for promotions reason (Sony was a principal developer of this technology and have the need to put in the market to recover the capital) a bad strategy...a blu-ray is a new expensive technology and come cheaper passed 4 year (like ocurred to DVD)...

Wii and Xbox don

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

The ps3 is in last place when it comes to console sales so that alone shows that not many people are buying it and game developers are not going to be spending money developing games for a console that isn't selling very well.

I think the reason the ps3 didn't do to well was because of its blue ray player which was its greatest selling point and also its downfall. It just drove the consoles price up. For the average person who was just looking for a gaming rig the blue ray player was just something that made them pay more and was probably not going to be used.

Yeah, for now the Ps3 games ( the good ones ) are just a few, but things can change with some time....thats what I espect, I have a Ps3. -.-!

Pdt: Sorry for my lame english, im still learning...

Lots of reasons why the PS3 is behind...

Look at the 360 first. Online gaming is huge these days. The 360 has two big advantages here. One, they established a very reputable online network with XBox Live back when the original XBox was out in the last generation. So they had a lot of time to build up a player base. Two, the 360 was out a year before the PS3, which was even more time for Microsoft and Live to build up their playerbases.

Next look at the Wii. Of the three consoles, the Wii is definately in back as far as online gaming. However, most people don't buy a Wii for online play. Nintendo's backbone is that it has some of the most popular exclusive titles/franchies in the history of gaming. You have Mario, Zelda, Metriod, MarioKart, Smash Bros., etc. Not to mention that the Wii totally took over the innovation department with its controls and peripherals.

So if you look from that perspective, Microsoft's muscle is the online aspect via Live. Nintendo's is the innovation and its first-party franchises. Sony didn't really bring much to the table with the PS3... it's basically a jazzed up PS2 with a Blu-Ray player, a device that contributed to the high price tag. Don't get me wrong, the blu-ray player is a nice bonus, but most people buy a gaming console to play games, not to watch movies. Having a PS3 gaming unit w/o the blu-ray player (and thus a lower price tag) wasn't an option.

Now with all that said, the PS3 is by no means a bad system. The PlayStation Network is a solid medium for online play. It doesn't have a lot of the cool features that Live does, nor does it have as large a player base, but it is still respectable. I was playing Call of Duty: W@W the other day and there were over 100k people online just playing that game, so there is nowhere near a shortage of people to play with. The main issue in this generation's console war is that the PS3 doesn't really have anything that stands out. It has some exclusives, but most of the big hit games can also be found on at least one of the other two systems.

I personally own a Wii and a PS3. Eventually when I have the extra money for it and desire to buy one I'll grab a 360 but I'm happy with what I have for now. A lot of my friends who own both a 360 and a PS3 usually play online with the 360. If you're playing for a service, you might as well use it.

In my POV, it's about the games, not the system. Fanboys are really the only ones who are hurt when a system loses an exclusive. For a regular gamer though who cannot afford all three systems, multi-platform games are a welcome because then they are not missing out.

Now I don't ever see Mario/Zelda/Metriod going over to Sony or Microsoft and I can't see Halo showing up on Nintendo or Sony. Some titles will always be exclusive and for those systems, it is just icing on the cake. But take for example, Resident Evil 4. The game was originally a GameCube exclusive that eventually got ported over to the PS2. Nintendo fanboys were in an uproar because one of the coolest games of that generation was going over to 'the enemy'. I've always loved Nintendo, but that isn't something I was about to lose sleep over. Consider someone who only owned a PS2 and hear and read about how cool RE4 was. Now they had the opportunity to play it for themselves. More power to them.

So is the PS3 losing some exclusives? Possibly. But don't let it be about the system. If you have the game and are happy with it, why should it matter to you if someone else can now play it? It should always be about the games. The systems aren't going anywhere.

It's a great time to be a gamer, so stop reading this and go enjoy a good game.

MystikalLam

MystikalLam

Lam A.K.A. Chops

Heck no the PS3 isn't losing games. Just wait, 2009 is about to be a good year for it, haha. With the release of Killzone 2 already, we can look forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII, God of War III, etc. Total Sony fan here, hahaha, X-Box fans...shame shame shame on them, haha.

~Playstation 3 Fanboy~

FinalFantasyFans

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 41 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.