Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggest Mangas Please - Minitokyo

Suggest Mangas Please

Which genre/theme do you like

Romance
4 votes
Horror
2 votes
Action
3 votes
Comedy
6 votes
Sci-fi
0 votes
other
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

mangas differ in genres and flow of story.
I made this thread so I can ask...
What genre do you like and suggest a manga title or your favorite manga of the genre?
I don't need to know why...
I need mangas. =3!
Please suggest!
Specially horror ones...
Tnx3!

Mine is:
horror= Innocent W and Redrum

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I haven't read any mangas, really...

GetBackers is one for you to read, I think...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Try Made in Heaven or Gundam Seed =3

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

okeiz!
Tnxu!

Suggest more!
Ya! Ya!

I don't read horror manga or try to find out about them, so I don't dare recommend anything. Maybe Godchild and Death Note? For comedy, I suggest Ouran High School Host Club, School Rumble, Midori no Hibi and maybe Yotsuba to!... I haven't read that one yet, but I hear it's good. For romance, Emma. Sci Fi not so sure... hm.... For Action, I recommend Bleach or Naruto. There are many other good action manga out there as well, just can't remember them all.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Personally I normally like action or comedy manga like Dogs or Ouran Host Club because they're just so much fun.

At the moment I'm downloading scanlations for Deadman Wonderland from Snoopycool & am looking for free downloads for Kyouko Karasuma.

for me i like a lot of action, shounen, love story as illustrated by my favorites...
gantz
vagabond
onepiece
i's
ichigo 100%
ares
berserk
i actually dont know any good horror manga..i know ghost hunt but only the anime..

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

What can I say? I like a little of everything, but have a special fondness for shoujo (romance) and action... as long as it has a decent storyline. ;)

One of the best horror manga I've read in quite some time is Uzumaki by Junji Ito. While the overall plot of the manga isn't terribly scary, the images are what stick in your mind and definitely make you shudder. The same is true for the other 2 volume work by Ito entitled Gyo. While not NEARLY as satisfying as Uzumaki, Gyo is also the same type of story except with more of a sci-fi component.

I would definitely recommend Ghost Hunt, though I haven't yet read the manga. The anime was quite excellent though. (If you like horror, stick around for "The Blood-Soaked Labyrinth".)

Signature Image

super-anime-fan

super-anime-fan

Archangel of Might

If you want horror, look for

Flesh for the Beast(I think that's what it's called)
Priest(kinda)
The Ring series(that's right... it was a manga first)

As for just random other ones:

Aqua(it's not that bad)
Chrono Crusade
Rurouni Kenshin(everyone loves that one ^_^)
Full metal panic
Trinity Blood
Shakugan no Shana
Zombie Loan
Elemental Gelade
Comic Party(It's good ^_^)
Negima(it'sOh yeah, good, but then a little later it get's sorta corny.)
Ouran Host Club if you like romantic comedies(thanks to Saikusa for the reminder -_-)

If anything I'm more of a manga fan... Well I got more but that should satisfy you for now ^_^

Vivaldi

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I read shoujo manga mostly (I guess it appeals more to me than others), but I can recommend Hellsing (both anime and manga), it's pretty good if you like vampires. There are some violent images and lots of blood, so it'll be your cup of tea if you like this stuff (I liked it too :) ).
Redrum? That reminds me of the word from 'The Shining' :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

For some horror manga, try these:

Chie Shinohara has done some 1-shot and shot series horror manga (titles: Ryoko no shinreijikenbo, Houmonsha wa mayonakani..., Mokugekishani sayounara, among others.)

Of course, Vampire Miyu and Vampire Yui by Narumi Kakinouchi are classics.

The Bride of Deimos (Deimos no hanayome) by Yuuho Ashibe and Etsuko Ikeda is an oldie but a goodie.

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

i suggest you SOUL-EATER, Zombie-Loan or Ghost Hunt

soul-eater is something comedic yet cool with slightly morbid stuffs also some fanservice, anime is out apirl 7 :D
zombie-loan is somewhat zombie hunting with slightly morbid too but it is sometimes comedic also anime is cool though few episodes only T_T
Ghost Hunt is ghostly, horrific, mystery, detectively manga the anime is nice too :D

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

super-anime-fan

super-anime-fan

Archangel of Might

Quote by zaira
zombie-loan is somewhat zombie hunting with slightly morbid too but it is sometimes comedic also anime is cool though few episodes only T_T

Ah >.> I forgot that one it is good.

Vivaldi

IF YOU WANT FUNNY ANIME
THEN WATCH
- AIR GEAR

it is soo effing funny.

its about a boy called Ikki who descovers 'Air Treks' a footwear devise that allows you to do amazing tricks and go awsomly fast (kind of like rollerblades except 10000000 times better)

its soo funny but is also serious at times. at 23 episodes probly one of the best anime you will ever lay your eyes on.

merged: 04-07-2008 ~ 11:57am

Quote by animboofor me i like a lot of action, shounen, love story as illustrated by my favorites...
gantz
vagabond
onepiece
i's
ichigo 100%
ares
berserk
i actually dont know any good horror manga..i know ghost hunt but only the anime..

gantz is so awsome, you have good taste. :D

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

Quote by indigoxoxIF YOU WANT FUNNY ANIME
THEN WATCH
- AIR GEAR

it is soo effing funny.

its about a boy called Ikki who descovers 'Air Treks' a footwear devise that allows you to do amazing tricks and go awsomly fast (kind of like rollerblades except 10000000 times better)

its soo funny but is also serious at times. at 23 episodes probly one of the best anime you will ever lay your eyes on.

The manga is better, it went farther than the anime...Well Air Gear is one suggestion for an action(and ecchi and a little comedy) manga and there is also Naruto, Bleach, Zero, 666 Satan, Berserk and Highschool of the Dead that I might also suggest

Your thread is broken. No one has mentioned Chobits yet.

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

I kinda saw the manga chobits already. No need to mention. Jokes.

^Thread needs chobits no exceptions.

THE BEST MANGA EVER! is SKIP BEAT!

Renialt

Dragon's Sorcerer

Well, let's see...

Rurouni Kenshin it's a good manga, same in anime
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles it's almost obviously to read, it's better than the anime, really

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.