ANyone ever seen the movie Audition?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Cancel

It's very.....yeah o_o....a lot of symbolism..... <_<

It's based on the novel by Ryu Murakami...
*hopes someone knows what she's talking about*

• Apr 04, 2008

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Cancel

Personally I found it very disturbing (the movie) but that happens to me a lot when I read Murakami Ryu's works... they always somehow involve cruelty and hopelessness in their pure forms...

founder of: Vectory
Signature

Cancel

Quote by kashikosaPersonally I found it very disturbing (the movie) but that happens to me a lot when I read Murakami Ryu's works... they always somehow involve cruelty and hopelessness in their pure forms...

It was very disturbing.....the main theme I see in Murakami's novels is loneliness, fear of abandonment, and dependency.

• Apr 04, 2008

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Cancel

loneliness? Agreed. Fear of abandonment - not so much - at least for me, but that's what different people see in his works XD

Signature

Cancel

Quote by kashikosaloneliness? Agreed. Fear of abandonment - not so much - at least for me, but that's what different people see in his works XD

Heh, it's true. I want to read the book Audition...I'm not sure which will be more disturbing though, the book or the movie?

• Apr 04, 2008

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Cancel

The book is more disturbing. The movie is disturbing visually, but it had to cut out some stuff from the book so I would have to say the book is way more disturbing. It gives you an BIG insight into Asami's mind - and believe me it's a horrible place to be...

Signature

Cancel

Yeah, I figured from reading Piercing that Asami could only be captured so much in a film, and that the book probably went much further into detail with her. I might have to read the book, despite how disturbing it will invariably be... ^_^'

• Apr 04, 2008

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Cancel

Well... it stays in the mind (in detail) for about 2 days up to 2 weeks depending on the sensitivity of the reader, but it's a good read and ummm... interesting (if one can use this adjective toward Murakami's work...). I recommend it ^^

Signature

Cancel

it's disturbing but it's good

• Jun 17, 2008

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.