Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Media Room: Bangkok Love Story - Minitokyo

Media Room: Bangkok Love Story

Group announcement by Yaoi-Heaven

page 1 of 1 5 total items

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/pinklotus89/Media%20Room%20-%20Bangkok%20Love%20Story/BangkokLoveStory.jpg

INFO: click on the title to watch the films. I provided alt. links as well. Crunchyroll works best on IE. Alt link lead you to youtube. So pick the one that's best for you.

Bangkok Love Story
(alt.Link)
download only (around 700 mb)

* Rattaballung Toesawat as Mhek/Yun (Cloud)
* Chaiwat Tongsang as It/Shi (Stone)
* Weeradit Srimalai as Mhok/Wu (Fog)
* Chatcha Rujinanon as Sai (Sand)

Intro:

Do you feel unsatisfied after watching Brokeback Mountain? If yes, then step into the world of Bangkok Love Story where your curiosities are answered. If no, then come still and experience the dark side of love.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/pinklotus89/Media%20Room%20-%20Bangkok%20Love%20Story/BangkokLoveStory03.jpg

Personal Opinion:

I think I have watched enough BL films to say that this is by far one of the best EVER! If you had watched Brokeback, then you can't help but compare the two. The result? Bangkok Love Story is the winner (lols).

The film had incorporated many other elements that made it stronger, but at the same time, weakened it, just by a little. It touched on the subject of Aids and as an audience, we see the horrible conditions these people have to face such as discrimination and poverty. Fog often gets beat and lives a miserable life with his mother. He is just like the fighting fishes he keeps in a jar, fighting to survive. I liked the fact that the story included this because it's a very serious issue. But at the same time, it acts as a dark cloud over the film with its melancholy.

Now, on to the lovers. Cloud is your complex character that still have leftover trauma from when he was young. I think that's why he always tries to clean himself and push Stone away. Stone is strong, passionate, loyal, and lovable. *I wouldn't mind having him clean and take care of me in his white underwear.* The rooftop hide out b/c their sanctuary. I find it a bit paradoxical because they're surrounded by buildings where people can easily spot them, so it's a place where they can be free in the eyes of society. At first Cloud is cold to Stone, but he is touched by Stone's determination and care. But he pushed Stone away after their embrace. From that point on, the movie starts to move VERY slowly. But I think it played a great affect on the audience because we feel as frustrated as Stone while he try to win Cloud back. One of my favorite part was when Stone yelled out his confession on the roof top while Cloud was in hiding, crying as he heard every last word. This run and catch thing go on for quiet a while and it displaces the two characters, making it seem like the relationship is only one sided. I didn't get a feel of a strong bond from them and I think this was one of the down falls from the other elements. To counter this, the director gave the audience two very acute and passionate kiss that leaves you mouth dropped with an unstoppable nosebleed and a craving for more. The scenes were VERY well done, realistic and natural. The whole cinema photography was breathtaking and beautiful.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/pinklotus89/Media%20Room%20-%20Bangkok%20Love%20Story/BangkokLoveStory02.jpg

Final Thought:

Bangkok Love Story defines love. This movie leaves you wanting to see it again and again because what Cloud and Stone shared was so pure and real. It's a love that surpasses death and time. It just shows you that you don't need a reason to love. When you love someone, you are free from all the restrains. That's why their kiss scenes were so open where anyone can see them; nothing matters but the one in your arms. True love is to love unconditionally, to risk your life, to do everything you can to fight for love, and ( your definition ) .

I thought the ending was just perfect because it had a nice closure, though some might argue with me on this. But I will let you decide.

I absolutely love the actor who played Cloud. The one who played Stone look very playboy-ish (lol). Though his voice in the film was more girlie then I would have imaged.

Once you finished the film, check out the wiki page because it has some trivia things that's pretty interesting. but DO NOT go there before because it will spoil everything!

Bonus
And I bring you the censored scene from Bangkok Love Story. *oh my innocent eyes*

>>>>> 38 second of pure bless <<<<<

Extra

Official Site

I uploaded the theme song on the front page already.

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

why the heck they never upload staff like this on MF T_T

Signature

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Lady-Lotus.I.Love.You.
Nothing more. The censored scene is... *nosebleed*

founder of: Vectory
Signature

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

*passes out tissues* nosebleed is right.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

*takes a tissue*that was good.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.