Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Widescreen HDTV for an old game console... - Minitokyo

Widescreen HDTV for an old game console...

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

I was cleaning out my basement until to my surprise, I found a PSX still factory sealed :o. I wanna buy a Samsung LNT2353H 23-inch LCD HDTV. But i dont know if I will be able to play this old console on this new TV. any help or another HDTV you can recommend me?

thanks in advance

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Playing an old console on a HDTV usually doesn't pose any technical problems, usually just quality. Usually stretching out a low def signal to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio will cost you some quality.

My only word of warning is research your TV's when it comes to lag. I bought a Samsung TV and couldn't play my PS2 on it. There was about a 1 second delay between button presses and it actually happening. So playing my old Guitar Hero was impossible due to that lag. So make sure that the TV will support that signal or has some way for you to calibrate the lag.

I have a Sony Bravia TV and it has no lag issues at all, even with the old consoles. I've also seen the Vizio LCD TV's usually don't either, and they are a great deal for the money.

Best of luck with the purchase.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.