Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wisdom teeth anyone? - Minitokyo

wisdom teeth anyone?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

hey i was just wondering but...

just recently i had my wisdom teeth pulled out. it took an hour and i spent the rest of my day at home. i was supposed to be totally knocked out during the surgery, but i was awake for a good part of it. then it took me about three or four days to really get better.........

did anyone else have it that hard or harder? tell me about it? i wanna know~

or if your going to get yours out soon, go ahead an say what you're feeling.... i was seriously freaked out.... so no worries =)

m.i.a. =p

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I still have my wisdom teeth, and they are coming in all crooked. I asked if they should be taken out, but I was always told that unless they were causing pain, it would be best to keep them. So here I am.

I did however have a molar in the back of my mouth pulled out and oddly enough, outside of the initial pain, I never really had pain problems. Even after a root canal, which I'm told is painful and sucks, I didn't have any discomfort. For some reason dental procedures don't affect me (outside of the novacaine which lasts like 8 hours). I guess I'm a freak of dental proportions.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Nickisherenow

SaRiteNite

Mine are coming in....causing my front two teeth on the lower jaw to overlap each other. kinda crappy, but it doesnt really affect my smile. no pain as of yet.

Silent Warfare is my kind of war. Why? Because no one innocent gets hurt.

Terrorists aren't silent though. Bastards

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I think I have my wisdom teeth. All four are coming out XD I haven't felt any pain yet. Maybe a bit of soreness, though :X

when i had mine out i had to drink with a funnel to take the pain meds.

i dont have any prob with mine. 2 already out another 2 coming out

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I had all 4 of mine taken out at once. X-O

Though truth be told it wasn't terribly horrible. Got knocked out and didn't wake up til it was done. Pain was very minimal (yay for Vicodin!) as well as swelling because my doctor gave me this nifty head wrap thing that had pockets for ice. ;) Best thing about it was the food... overcooked zucchini and applesauce diet? I think I lost a few pounds, which was definitely a perk. ;) :D

@shoujoboy: As the daughter of a dental hygienist, it is recommended to get your wisdom teeth taken out if they're growing in crooked because it could cause crowding of your teeth later on down the road. (And it's more difficult to take them out once they've grown into the bone...) ;)

Signature Image

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

^I had all 4 of mine pulled out at the same time too!

They weren't coming out though, but they needed to be removed (plus two other ones, so I had a total of 6 teeth permanently removed) so that my pallet could be widened which in turn would allow my braces to make my teeth all straight.

I was drugged, but wasn't knocked out. Like, I don't remember the actual operation, but I remember the needle, the pill and at one point my nose was itchy but I couldn't raise my arms to scratch it so the nurse had to do it for me XD So I definitely was awake.
Didn't have any pain at all afterwards (didn't need any pills or anything), but I had these two huge green-ish yellow marks on each side of my jaw which made it look like someone had punched me on both sides of my face. I was told that it was because I didn't bleed enough during the operation or something :\

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

I've got one so far. Otherwise, one of my teeth can pop out almost completely and back in, which is kind of creepy. Grr wisdom teeth.

P.S why is it called wisdom teeth? It sure isn't giving me anything other than pain.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

My brother took a week to get over his being pulled (he had 4 pulled at once, too. I don't know about anyone else, but they had to cut his out). It sounds like what you went through is pretty typical, at least from what I've seen others around me going through. Thankfully I seem to be one of the rare lucky individuals won't won't ever get them... Granted I have my one slew of dental issues, so I guess it's even... >.<

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Mine might be coming, but I don't think they are wisdom teeth. I have less teeth than I should (my mom's the same way), so they could just be molars that are coming in late. If they are wisdom teeth, however, they are growing in perfectly straight. :B

What a coincidence, I just happen to be dealing with a rather painful wisdom tooth ache as I type this. I have one coming in on the bottom right. Totally not looking forward to telling the dentist about it...

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

shoujoboy
i think it might be good for you to have your wisdoms pulled... it might cause problems in the future... but if it doesn't bother you now, you don't have to =) haha wow you're good with pain~ why did you have a root canal? oh... firefly is totally true.... but dont feel forced to do it~ x_X

nickisherenow
are you planning on getting them pulled? im just curious... but why would wisdom teeth affect your smile......?

mely
aww... are you going to get yrs pulled? i'm aktually kinda relieved i got mine pulled.... kuz now i dont hav to worry about.... my teeth getting mor messed up than they already are x_X

XRW17
wow why was yours was so bad....? i know i had pains for a week because my wisdom teeth were so deep....but i hope you feel better ><!

kucing
how was your removal? did everything go well?

firefly
aw me too ;_;! really? lucky you.... they told me i would be totally knocked out.... i was so awake x_X.... yeah! i took vicodin too! i had to sleep on ice pillows.... rock hard ice pillows...... haha at least you ate... i totally didnt eat anything for about.... 5 days... an then i would only eat soup broth for the next week..... x_x

chloe
whee! me too! mine had just finished forming.... so they were really a long way below the surface of my gums.... woah! thats so many at once x_X i hope the tooth fairy visited you.... woah dude thats scary hahaha~~ woah....green-yellow shades...? that sounds so badd / . . \ you didnt bleed enough? are you anemic....?

koyaaloe
only one? woah thats so cool.... one of yr wisdoms can pop out?!?!?! o.O i think they're called wisdom teeth because they come in when we're older... so hopefully we have more wisdom when they do come in.... hahaha i have no idea x_X

raindrop
they had to cut mine out too / . . \ an smash them into little pieces....so even when the operation was over i couldn't take my teeth home because they were little shards of teeth... woah you wont get them at all!?!?! lucky butt! haha!

dslassey
wow thats awesome... so maybe you wont have to worry about wisdom teeth coming in =) haha you must be blessed =D

koompa
aw poor you / . . \ but if you tell the doctor sooner, the sooner you have it pulled, and the sooner the pain will be gone =) and then you wont have to worry about it at all anymore =) good luck to you / . . \

well thanks everyone for commenting on my thread =)
m.i.a. =p

I was told mine were fine and got to keep them. I want to know who came up with that sorry name though. They should be called pain inducing teeth that most of time get removed. They did hurt some coming in though.

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

flipz
yr so lucky x_X oh but after the pain went away yr all good? wisdom teeth.... how about we kall them..... sucky-painful-teeth =D hahaha! thanks for commenting on my thread ^^
m.i.a. =)

I still get to keep mine but they kinda made my teeth crooked( shame that i went for orthodontic treatment)

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

i had mine pulled sometime last year. it wasn't that bad. i was conscious the whole time. i couldn't feel it but i saw everything that they did. i was put on quarters for the whole week (it means i got a paid vacation in the army without losing vacation days) hahaha. i was really restless even though i was on vicodins. i ended up playing video games, eating, and watching movies 5 days straight.

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

joan
do you regret not getting them pulled? are you going to get braces because your teeth aren't straight? just curious ^^;;;

oudorobou
wow you're so brave x_X oh you're part of the army? haha your experience was seriously wayyy better than mine x_X i couldnt and didnt want to do anything for a week or more x_X

thanks for commenting!
m.i.a. =)

i still have my wisdom teeth. they cause me no problem at all, so i'm keeping them. ^^

Well im one wisdom is growing on the bottom right of my jaw. It is very painful for a while then it will go away but the pain will come back. so it sucks and i dont want to go to the dentist cuz i heard it is very painful to take out your wisdom teeth is it very painful during surgery or after the surgery?

A smile will make the day better

I had all 4 taken out at once. They weren't that deep i think but they hadn't come out of the gums so thats why mine were pretty bad. That and i was totally knocked out for the whole thing.

I had all 4 out at once ... it was awful! I looked like a chipmunk for almost a week, I couldn't eat anything, and the percocet (sp?) didn't help much. On top of that, I had to start wearing my retainer again because my teeth started to shift! Ridiculous!

But .. um .. no worries if you're getting them out. My body just doesn't heal well.

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

kucing
yay you! =D

outlawxbox
i think you should take it out.... if you take it out now, you will only hurt for a couple of days, but if you wait and don't take it out, it might hurt you all your life...
/ . . \

XRW17
so yours wasn't that bad yeah? =)

ralphie
haha i got called a chipmunk too x_X even my teachers called me that....... >< yeah! i didnt eat anything at all x_X! oh yes... im doing that now..... i just had my retainer tightened x_X it hurts so badd....... aww no worries ^^

thanks for commenting on my thread =D
m.i.a. =p

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

I didn't even notice mine growing until someone pointed it out. Apparently, both my mother and father's family have a history of not having problems with wisdom teeth. Guess I'm lucky.

Or I have a really big mouth.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.