Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Am I bad sister? - Minitokyo

Am I bad sister?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

This going to be a long. So, bare with me. I like to hear you input on this subject. Good or bad. I won't get mad.

Ok, I have baby sister. There are total 4 girls and 4 boy in my family not counting my half sister and brother. Yes, I know I have a big family. I just found out that my baby sister. More like, what I like to call her an "slut." She has STD (sexually transmitted diseases). Not sure what type. She was rape 3 times. To be honest. It doesn't brother me. About her getting STD or being rape 3 times. Seem to me she doesn't mind. She still does what she does. Going out late. Not going to school. How did I know about her rape and her STD. Let says one of us read her letter. For sure I didn't. I know something is wrong with her. You can't miss those red spot and her voices change. I have see her check-up bill.

Now about me. I am the middle child. I have high school diploma. Going to college. GPA 3.7. Oh yeah, my baby sister still in high school. Supposedly, she getting her high school diploma. I doubt. I saw her grade and how many credit she need to make up. I am in college. I have job. I pay my own bills. I don't have a boyfriend. Don't have time. I have warn her over and over. I told how high school can be hard and all. I told her I regret my senior year. Basically about everything I know and remember about my teenager year. To warn her. Not just me 4 other older than her warn her.

At the end, she say I am a bad role mode. She say the same thing to my older sister. Oh men, how piss she was. Which I found it ironic because my little brother. He a year younger my baby sister. Say I'm a role model to him. I not too worry about him. He keep his grade up. When he have a problem he come to the older one and look over my baby brother. According to my friend, they say I am a bad sister and yet according to some people I'm not. I try everything I can. In the end, it all I can do for her. Oh yeah, my baby sister is 18. Turing 19 this summer. I just turn 23.

What you think? Am I bad sister?

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Family life is always hard to guage. I've asked my father before how he feels about the two children that he raised (myself and my brother). While I don't yet consider myself a resounding success, I did graduate high school with honors, served in the US Air Force and will be attending the University of Florida in the fall. I still have a long way to go to meet my own personal goals. My brother on the other hand is a womanizer, gets fired from every job hes had, barely got a GED and even stole money from my father. So I asked him "when you raise two kids to the best of your ability, and one just ends up bad does that make you feel like a failure?" His answer, "you can only do what you think is right, whatever happens... happens."

It's the same situation with you. You are trying your hardest to accomplish things in life and be there for your family members. It's hard to be there for everybody all the time. Sometimes my brother asks me for money for things like rent or car parts. As his brother I would like to help him, but I know he can't be trusted so I don't. You do what you think is best for yourself AND your family. If you are resented or hated for that, then theres nothing you can do about except say to yourself "oh well, at least I tried."

Ultimately, if at the end of the day you are happy with the way you've been, then that's all that matters. There's on person no this earth who is loved and admired by all, but the one person you'll always need to love you is yourself. That answer your question?

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

You say she's been raped several times as if it was nothing. Are you aware what rape really is?

Incidentally, I don't think you are a bad sister. Even though you are family, you're not to be expected to baby around an adult. She should be able to take care of herself at this point, or at the very least relying a lot less on her parents.

Quote by NorthyYou say she's been raped several times as if it was nothing. Are you aware what rape really is?

yes, I know what rape is. Is someone who force some one to have sex. More like the attacker is doing it to victim. I know I what I say is eary about me don't really care that she was rape. That part. I'm not lying. It really doesn't brother me that she was rape. I know is wrong of me to think that way. I felt....to be complete honest. I glad she was rape. (That what she wrote on her letter that she was rape 3 times) And yet, I still love her. She is my blood sister. I can never hate her. I was taught not to used hate more like dislike.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

hinata24

hinata24

deidara lover

no i don't think your a bad sister, you warned her and she didn't listen. and you stilll love her thats all that matters. in fact i don't see any reason that your friends would see you and a bad sister or a bad role model.

hinata24

Nope.

You warned her but she didnt listen. You did your part.

People usually blames other people when they got in to trouble, and that's what your sister did.

Your sister should have changed after bad things happened. She should have improved, but she didn't.

Who is it to blame but herself?

"Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak. It just means that you are strong enough to let go."

No! You're not. I really don't know what caused you think such thing since all you've done was to care for her current situation. Your other siblings find you a good role model and a reliable person so why should you care if one of the them in particular (with all that history) don't consider you as one. You're doing what you can. Your sister is old enough to be responsible for her actions and its consequences (although she's in high-school).

Quote by shoujoboyIt's hard to be there for everybody all the time.

Yeah, that's right.

Let your sister be. No matter how much you care about her. She may turn to you in future if she realizes about her mistakes. She has to at one point in time. Hopefully, that'll be not too late :)

hayate392

hayate392

#1 Badass MUAHAHAHHA

Quote by kayo04

Quote by NorthyYou say she's been raped several times as if it was nothing. Are you aware what rape really is?

yes, I know what rape is. Is someone who force some one to have sex. More like the attacker is doing it to victim. I know I what I say is eary about me don't really care that she was rape. That part. I'm not lying. It really doesn't brother me that she was rape. I know is wrong of me to think that way. I felt....to be complete honest. I glad she was rape. (That what she wrote on her letter that she was rape 3 times) And yet, I still love her. She is my blood sister. I can never hate her. I was taught not to used hate more like dislike.

you're a bad sister.....baaaaad sister.......no matter what she does or how late she stays out doesn't give anyone the right to hurt her.....you sound more like you think so lowly of her.....that's probably why noone listens to you -__-;;;;;

#1 Badass 21st Century Killing Machine
Signature

Well.... People have their own lives, they do what they want and they don't do what they don't want. If your sister doesn't really feel that it's something bad then just let her be, at least... that's what I would've done since my sister is a bit of a slacker as well. But of course you have to do what's best for you, your sister and everyone, not caring about anyone else except yourself is something bad and it's called selfishness. If she still doesn't listen to you and you've tried your best, then try slapping her and yelling her what the hell is the right thing to do and what is not! Raping and doesn't feel a problem at all!? What world are we living in!? Unless you don't really care if she becomes a prostitude and ruin your family name, well that's fine by me.

Indee

Indee

Indee

I think what u did was right. But she didn't listen. Ur not a bad sis at all. U did what u could have done at that time. So u shouldn't consider anyone who says that ur a bad sis. Atleast u tried right?

Indee

you say she has a STD. im pretty sure you mean herpes cause its not curable and I hope she doesn't have AIDS. Those two are the incurable ones i that i know. Theres also syphilis, gonaria, chlymidia, etc. syphilis isn't to common but it makes a spot on your skin in an early stage of development. Then it goes away. After that it works its way into your brain and you're pretty much screwed after that. Treatment is penicillin i believe. From the sounds of it she might have chlymidia cause i think that attacks the throat causing the voice change, but that should have been cured pretty quick. Oh well hope the STD info was helpful.

Well I hope your sister will be okay, but I think she should have learned from her mistakes. Instead of trying to blame someone else, she should have reflected on herself a little more.

You tried to warn her and you're certainly not responsible for what happened to her. That I agree on for sure.

However, I don't think that it's okay for you to be glad that she was raped. Even if you thought she deserved it in any way, I think you should sympathize with her. And if she's not willing to accept sympathy or kindness, just leave her alone.

I'm glad that you still love your sister, and I don't think you're a bad sister or a bad role model at all.

Let's all be happy!

Kohana-Ami

Kohana-Ami

Amii the Ripper

I don't think you're a bad sister. It shouldn't bother you that she has an STD. It's her life, I don't mean this in a mean way but, it's her fault. You're being a good role model and obviously, you care some since you warned her.

Like you said, you've tried everything you can. Y'know? The best thing you could do for her is help her through all this, the best you can. Just be there for her even if she doesn't want you to be, someday she'll realize that you're trying to help her.

Family can be hard to deal with.

I hope everything turns out okay with you and your sis though. And if your friends tell them you're being a bad sister, just ignore them, you can give your sister all the advice and help you want but it's up to her to listen. And it's not your fault if she doesn't. [:

Signature

No, your not a bad sis at all. You told her the truth and appearently the truth hurts sometimes.Don't let people tell you otherwise.Your sister sounds like an emotional person, saying your not a good sis.Whatever happened to her is her fault,except if she did get raped.

You are you and she is herself.Nothing can change that.You don't need to change but it looks like she has some phases to make up.

i think it's her scream for wanting more attention.
ibut maybe you can spend more time for her, get closer to her in time maybe your parents can't. maybe she seems doesn't mind what she had (the rape, STD..) but deep inside, she's not okay with all of those. she wants attention. that's all i see. when she said you were bad role model, i think it's just defensive mode she put.

you're not bad sister^^. don't worry

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: More like, what I like to call her an "slut."

Quote: She has STD (sexually transmitted diseases). Not sure what type. She was rape 3 times. To be honest. It doesn't brother me. About her getting STD or being rape 3 times

it's like u dont care too much about her -.-' if i were u, i'd cry for my sista. i'd warn her evryday too, pray for God, so that she can have better life. well, at least u already did what u can do about her, kayo-san^^ now, let's discuss it to ur parents!

Signature

Family sucks....forget about it and live on your own...

Your a good sister and if I had of had a big sister I'd hope she'd been like you.

Quote by priincess
it's like u dont care too much about her -.-' if i were u, i'd cry for my sista. i'd warn her evryday too, pray for God, so that she can have better life. well, at least u already did what u can do about her, kayo-san^^ now, let's discuss it to ur parents!

Thank for your comment. mmmm my parents are divorces. In other words my mom is rising 8 kids on her own. My dad don't want nothing to do with us. MOre like his wife hate us. No worry. I didn't mention anything about it.

merged: 05-04-2008 ~ 09:19am

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4you say she has a STD. im pretty sure you mean herpes cause its not curable and I hope she doesn't have AIDS. Those two are the incurable ones i that i know. Theres also syphilis, gonaria, chlymidia, etc. syphilis isn't to common but it makes a spot on your skin in an early stage of development. Then it goes away. After that it works its way into your brain and you're pretty much screwed after that. Treatment is penicillin i believe. From the sounds of it she might have chlymidia cause i think that attacks the throat causing the voice change, but that should have been cured pretty quick. Oh well hope the STD info was helpful.

I think she has that kind of STD. Never got the chance to talk to her about that. She never homes.

Signature

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Naive people would say you are a bad sister after reading some of your response, but the truth the matter is that you really dont know what else you could do to help her. Most of the time what we older siblings could do is give them advice countless of times, if we take a bigger action, they say that we are trying to control their life.

This might be a hard thing to do but ill just say. What you need to do is try to make her feel that she can trust you. From what i read it seems that your conversations with her ends badly. when giving advice or trying to help her, you need to stay calm even though what she says might be hurtful or just pisses you off sometimes but being open to these negative response, you might be able help her realize that just want to make a life better. She doesnt comes home, then maybe you have to try to make the house a place she can call home. Just by giving a simple greeting like "welcome home" or just asking if she is hungry or "how is her day?" is great start.

Your sister is drifting away from your family, you need to pull her back in the family bond. You have a large family, they can help you in this matter, show her how being together as a family is like without making her feel like an outcast.

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

well, course you're not. you did what you could and should. The rest is up to her, you can't baby her forever, she has to learn to grow up. So, you're not a bad sister. and being raped and having STD at such an age is disturbing.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.