Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bandai Entertainment steals/saves Gurren Lagann - Minitokyo

Bandai Entertainment steals/saves Gurren Lagann

page 1 of 1 6 total items

rika-shin

rika-shin

The pig... COMMANDS ME!

In news that actually made me drop everything I was doing, Bandai Entertainment has taken possession of our wildest dreams. That sad blank space reserved for Gurren Lagann will be filled shortly. Apparently, a sub only version will be released starting this July, followed by a brand new dub in 2009.

Wait, July is only three months away?!?! need to sit down... there's quite a bit of awesome in the air. Releasing three, sub only volumes, each one will have approximately nine episodes a piece, the entire series (in some form) will be here by September. Thanks be unto Bandai Entertainment...

Oh yeah, and they also licensed something else, some Gundam thing. I think its called 00, I could be wrong. It can't be anywhere near as important of the Gurren Lagann news. I need to go count my pennies and giggle manically.

gurren lagann finally coming.. yesterday was a glorious day. all i have to say is...... IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

and so it seems that bandai might actually be listening, this is amazing news indeed.

I wish my life had an 8-bit NES soundtrack.

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

you mean gundam 00, they like license almost every gundam series out there, its not surprising that they would license a gundam series

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I doubt it's Bandai listening so much as kicking someone while their down. Gurren Lagann was bound to be a success... at least by American anime standards. So I imagine when the chance presented itself to steal this one away, they were more than happy to do so. Not too sure I'll pick this one up, but the sub only prospect might entice me more. I get all that I want at a rediculously low price. Besides July brings something much more important than this... THE FIRST SEASON OF MARIA-SAMA GA MITERU! Now that brings about excitement.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Got this from another MB:

EVEN MORE NEWS:

http://giapet.net/2008/04/18/nycc08-bandai-entertainment-and-their-sneaky-website/

"And the next big announcement is: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Sorry ADV! Yes, I'm serious, Bandai Entertainment has snatched away the Gurren Lagann license. They'll start releasing it in July, August, and September, three months in a row. It will also be sub-only for that release; a dub version will be released in 2009. Here is a teaser site for TTGL, btw: http://gurren-lagann.bandai-ent.com/ ...Don't worry; I'll get to questions about whether they'll use the same cast/dub and what kind of release they'll be doing.

Three 9-episode chunks for Gurren Lagann; no license for the movie just yet. For the dub they're starting completely over, so you can scrap those ADV dub cast lists entirely. The sub version will probably be fairly bare-bones, with more special features and stuff available for the dub version. Nothing concrete for possible digital distro for the series."

And with the series not being produced by ADV anymore, that's no longer an option.

So we'll be seeing a new dub from either Ocean or Bang Zoom!. And it's slated for release in July - best 30th b-day present ever.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

Surprised :p

Sami-chan22

Crazy Rainbow Pirate X3

Heh, my friend was surprised when he bought it a while back... he didn't know it was sub-only (especially after WATCHING the dubbed version on the Sci-fi channel, no less...., not that anyone knows that anime plays on the sci-fi channel anymore...) But my friends found it by accident when it premiered one monday night --after they finished watching wrestling--, and they reeally tore into it. Apparently it was edited for tv (not that I could tell, never seen it) and they complained endlessly about the voices. They're otaku with really high standards, but then again, they don't like dubs much anyway (at least they approve of Funi's One Piece), so i wasn't sure what to think. But reading the back of the second DVD set kinda ruined it for me...."WHAT?!? *blank* DIES? WTF?" heh, yeeaaahh... I'm not reading dvd covers for new series anymore...

ZOMG -- U haz broken-ated my brain -- o_o

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.