Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 jc, poly or acs i? help! - Minitokyo

jc, poly or acs i? help!

page 1 of 1 4 total items

hello! i'm from singapore, sec 4 (that's year 10 i think, i'm 16 now) and yup, it's my o level year so i'll be going to either jc, poly or yeah, acs i next year.

dunno where i should go though.

i wanted to go to acs i in the past because of their international baccelaureate programme my school failed to get when i was in sec 1 (when i was 13) and now... let's just say i've lost my direction.

i want to go to rjc or hci now because yeah, they're among the top JCs and there's direct buses to there from my house but with my current grades (L1R5 of 15) i won't be able to get in for sure.

then there's the poly route which i half don't want but want because i want to take psychology (study of the human mind, not the counselling kind) in university and so far i haven't seen any poly course offering something like that.

and then there's acs i again cos IB is supposedly much better (from what i've seen) than the a level route but then again, acs i is super out of the way and expensive...

but yeah, the dream of going there somewhat hasn't faded off.

can anyone give me any advice or tell me what's life like in JC/poly/acs i? thanks a lot! (:

arigatou gozaimasu!

oh and is it possible to continue taking jap in MOELC in jc with a JLPT level 2 proficiency cert?

thanks a lot for answering!

i cant give you much comments but i wish you good luck and choose your own path.cause you are the one going through it yourself

You should wait till you finish your O Levels. My brother is taking it this year so I know. ^_^

Life in JCs differ from JCs to JCs is what I know. So know what type of student you are before choosing a JC. Better JCs are more stressful is what I hear. I have a cousin in NJ who finish the topics on the same subject way before me, who comes from a mid-range JC.

I can't offer you advice on polys since I've never been to one. But make sure you can stand the vastly different timetable each day. There may be several hours break before the next lesson, I think.

I don't know much about the IB so I can't help you there.

Travel time is also something you should consider, waking up too early to go to school and reaching home too late couldn't be good for you especially during exam periods or if you have a lot of work. Those that are near you and can be reached with a direct buses.

Don't worry about your L1R5, most likely it will be better for the O levels, but you must work hard to ensure it. I jumped a total of 8 points, ^_^

Good Luck!

lol thanks for the advice (: yeah i have direct bus to rjc, hci, njc and acsi... but the travel time's pretty long though O.o anyway, o's is almost over so i'll have to make up my mind by january...

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.