Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who's your most favorite character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? - Minitokyo

Who's your most favorite character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

PPV10

PPV10

Random Scanner

GANONDORF NUMBER ONE BABY! :D

Anime is my LiFe!

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Ike, ahah <3

Pit, or Toon Link.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

link, that goes for all the ssb's

Signature

Wolf

AkikoHiramatsu

Murder....

I would like you to Justify your reasoning for this choice Like why do you like that character +'s and -'s of that pacific character (if you can find any ^^) for example
My favorite character is Ike from fire Emblem Because of his Above average attack and his speed is perfect for time combo's witch will allow for a great hit counter Ike's final smash also promotes this theory but the main advantage of this character is the fact of his Attack range is the best so there is no need for defensive and offense strategies

Marth. He was my best in Melee, and he still is my main character. He has incredible range and power, above average speed and priority, and the ability to combo multiple hits easily. His final smash, Critical Hit, is also probably the best in the game, as it is an instant kill on any character at any damage.

IS DIFICULT

Marth, undoubtedly. He was my main in Super Smash Brothers Melee as well. Back when I was inexperienced with the game (this is still Melee I'm talking about), my friend would have little trouble thoroughly trouncing me in the majority of the matches we undertook. His main was Link. So I figured, "why not grab a swordsman myself?" Note that I had little knowledge of the characters, let alone tiers, so I suppose my next move was pure luck.

I picked Marth, and BAM! He kicked so much ass right from the start, standing there eloquently (or arrogantly, as my disgruntled friend would put it) with his cape blowing in the breeze. It wasn't long before my friend's Link was suffering consecutive humiliations. It pretty much didn't matter who he chose from there on; it was futile. So I worked from there to improve my Marth game. Unfortunately, as I've never owned a Nintendo console (still don't), practice sessions are few and far between.

At any rate, I'm glad to see he hasn't changed too much from Melee to Brawl (he may even be better overall). I dislike the fact that his range was nerfed to a degree, forcing me to relearn the timings of the attacks that had previously been so ingrained in me. His forward smash is still very effective, and his overall speed is just as good, if not slightly better, than his Melee counterpart. I believe his counter may have even seen a bit of improvement. The Dancing Blade combo is very effective, especially when keeping faster characters at bay.

One potential problem I suppose is the danger that comes from his Final Smash. I like the fact that it's short, simple, and gets straight to the point. But if you miss your opponent in the air, you risk instant death. Additionally, as he's a rather light character who specializes in one-on-one duels, it can sometimes be difficult for him to hold up in a large-scale brawl. And while his Dolphin Slash is probably one of my favorite moves, if used carelessly it will leave you wide open.

That about sums it up. Now to buy a Wii so I can actually get in some practice.

Signature

AkikoHiramatsu

Murder....

Quote by oldmanpooMarth, undoubtedly. He was my main in Super Smash Brothers Melee as well. Back when I was inexperienced with the game (this is still Melee I'm talking about), my friend would have little trouble thoroughly trouncing me in the majority of the matches we undertook. His main was Link. So I figured, "why not grab a swordsman myself?" Note that I had little knowledge of the characters, let alone tiers, so I suppose my next move was pure luck.

I picked Marth, and BAM! He kicked so much ass right from the start, standing there eloquently (or arrogantly, as my disgruntled friend would put it) with his cape blowing in the breeze. It wasn't long before my friend's Link was suffering consecutive humiliations. It pretty much didn't matter who he chose from there on; it was futile. So I worked from there to improve my Marth game. Unfortunately, as I've never owned a Nintendo console (still don't), practice sessions are few and far between.

At any rate, I'm glad to see he hasn't changed too much from Melee to Brawl (he may even be better overall). I dislike the fact that his range was nerfed to a degree, forcing me to relearn the timings of the attacks that had previously been so ingrained in me. His forward smash is still very effective, and his overall speed is just as good, if not slightly better, than his Melee counterpart. I believe his counter may have even seen a bit of improvement. The Dancing Blade combo is very effective, especially when keeping faster characters at bay.

One potential problem I suppose is the danger that comes from his Final Smash. I like the fact that it's short, simple, and gets straight to the point.But if you miss your opponent in the air, you risk instant death. Additionally, as he's a rather light character who specializes in one-on-one duels, it can sometimes be difficult for him to hold up in a large-scale brawl. And while his Dolphin Slash is probably one of my favorite moves, if used carelessly it will leave you wide open.

That about sums it up. Now to buy a Wii so I can actually get in some practice.

There are so many grammar errors in that post it is unbeliveable however you made that up with a in depth Post

Okay back to the real post "Additionally, as he's a rather light character who specializes in one-on-one duels, it can sometimes be difficult for him to hold up in a large-scale brawl." this is wrong it is true that Marth is very well at one on one duels however if you time him right he has the potential to be greater in mass player battles however I pity your lack of training opportunity's if you train more at medium air born battles he can be quite effective.

Grammatical errors? Please, by all means, point them out. I see none. I'm either going to assume you have no concept of the proper utilization of grammar yourself (which is actually pretty obvious given your posts are rife with errors), or you're joking in some sarcastic manner.

Now, about your concerns with my statement portraying Marth as a character with less endurance in a large-scale brawl, if you notice, I used the word "sometimes". It's common sense that if you practice enough, any character will get you through in a situation. His endurance just happens to be less than some of the heavier hitters. Are you suggesting this is not the case? And yes, his airborne capabilities are extremely effective.

Signature

AkikoHiramatsu

Murder....

First of all yeah I was being sarcastic to those who do not use grammar , Secondly "in depth Post" Was actually use to say that you put to much information in that post That information is usually saver for argument's like this, However we are getting off topic.

It is true that Marth has less 'smash endurance' but he makes this up with speed, proper use of the Doge and air doge (R/L Joy stick (air and ground)) can easily leave Marth untouched, but smash attacks with have a 0.7 perform rate then usual attacks gives enough time to doge or jump out of the way.

I'm going to ignore your flawed "grammatical analyses" from now on as I cannot determine with any degree of certainty whether you're just grammatically inept or still being sarcastic (or most probably both).

At any rate, yes, practice makes perfect, but this is not the point. The fact that his speed balances this problem out is not the point. You specifically asked for the "+'s and -'s" of our chosen character. Therefore, I listed one of Marth's weak points, that being his endurance is less than other characters. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Signature

Olimar. He's pretty hard to use, but he's awesome if you can get the hang of it.

my characters are Ike, Zss and Link !

all of them

Fox, Luigi, Wolf, Pit, Toon Link, Falco, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Sonic, and Lucas. Like using all these characters whenever I play Brawl.

i personally like sonic and link..

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

I like Sonic and Lucario.

I grew up playing sonic. He's like my favorite cartoon character of all time, I used to think he was so cool, and I still do.

Lucario because I'm an animal/creature freak, and he's acrobatic and awesome. XD

The character I personally do the best fighting with is Kirby, though, he's not my favorite character in general. He looks so cute with a sonic hat on. Lol.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.