Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Studio Ghibli: Film With Most Depth? - Minitokyo

Studio Ghibli: Film With Most Depth?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I was just mulling it over a little. Studio Ghibli movies, for the most part, always go a little deeper into emotions and endearing issues more-so than Disney dares to tread. But, which movie do you believe has the most depth and sheds the most insight?

Personally, I'd say Haru no Haka - Grave of the Fireflies. That movie belongs on the list of the worlds greatest war movies, and is based on a true story no less. Depth wise, Mononoke-hime and Kurenai no Buta follow in the order said. Although I enjoy such movies as My Neighbors the Yamadas and Totoro, I think they're slightly more lighthearted.

Opinions?

Yeah! I've got to agree with you on that. Studio Ghibli's works are truly fantastic and very outstanding in the entire anime industry. Almost all of their productions have very unique presentation, quality, and story-line. Not to mention all Miyazaki's works have been released from this Studio. I just love his works. Among all Studio Ghibli's releases, Laputa: Castle In The Sky, Princess Mononoke, and Howl's Moving Castle are my favorites. I've got to watch Earthsea though. I guess it must be as wonderful as other Miyazki & Studio Ghibli's works.

By the way, I think it was a nice idea to bring up Studio Ghibli's works. It's been a long time that animes with such high quality have been discussed in forums. :)

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

agree with xxKurumi, grave of the fireflies is the deepest in my opinion too

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Quote by xangel0agree with xxKurumi, grave of the fireflies is the deepest in my opinion too

Really?! :o I gotta watch that! You really have tempted me to watch it now. I have made a short list of animes I have not watched from Studio Ghibli.

Grave of the Fireflies had me crying for a few days. o_o
It was really good.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.