Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New contest! Read and participate! - Minitokyo

New contest! Read and participate!

Group announcement by Vectory

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Yatta!
Finally we are getting powerful with 200+ members XD So, this is a celebration contest as well as a long awaited one :nya:

Here are the details (read them and then join lol)

TITLE: Two bodies - One love
The title refers to the fact that no matter how much people would mess with our favourite characters we still love them. If you think it's lame, oh well, the others didn't have any idea so... this one stays.

DESCRIPTION:
Okay here we go:
1.First off I would prefer the entries to be vectors, but if you decide to go with wallpaper - please do not use ANY BRUSHES OR TEXTURES, also NO BLUR/SMUDGE. Patterns are okay as well as gradients (I'm gonna regret this later -_-). We want this to be as close to the theme of the group (~Vectory~ is called that for a reason XD)
2.Secondly since this is a contest of your creativity - the vector must be made out of AT LEAST TWO SCANS and you'll just see why:
3.The contest has two categories: you can either choose one or both but you are limited to three submission (although you don't have to submit so many works)
I. Category: Cross-dress
LoL, the title should give you a pretty nice idea on what you're supposed to do: the idea is to put a person into clothing of the opposite gender (but still keeping their original figure - meaning a cross-dressing guy DOES NOT HAVE BOOBS while a cross-dressing girl DOES)
You do not have to limit yourself to one anime series - cross-overs are more than welcome.

II. Category: Chimaera
Basically it's the same as cross-dress but the characters are of the same gender... but if you are willing to make the merging between a character and a mecha or dragon or whatever else it will also go to this category - the only thing is NO CROSS-DRESSING. Other than that the same rules apply to this as to the cross-dress category.
4. The deadline is *drumroll* June 8th - this should give you enough time to think this through, decide on the scans and make your entries as good as possible. If there would be some problems just near the deadline and many people will want to move it we'll discuss it. Hopefully I give you enough time to end the contest exactly as planned.

Once again I will emphasize on the most important things: No raster techniques allowed: no textures, no brushes, no blur, no smudge. The only rasters allowed are: gradient and patterns. The vector must incorporate AT THE VERY LEAST two scans.

EXAMPLE/PROMO:
I admit the promo is for the cross-dress category, 'cause I'm in a mood that makes me want to make things just for the lolz right now so here you go:
>>Promo<<

Edit by MapleRose: Because it may seem confusing, I've found a few examples of chimaera-ing:
>>Example male<<
>>Example female<<

Edit: (thanks for noticing MapleRose)
We'll be choosing three winners:
1. Best cross-dresser
2. Best chimaera
3. People's award

The first two are chosen by a jury of admins not participating in the contest and one member that cannot participate but wants to help judging (if you're interested send your application to me XD). The People's award is given via your votes.

founder of: Vectory
Signature

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Yay! Finally! I hope I can come up with something, at least... XD

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

O_O Omg!
I loled hard at this one!
Great idea, I'm in!
*checks everything she has to make*
XD Luckily the deadline is far away.

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Yay, it's here! Lol, I like the name actually, better than my ideas XD

Oh yeah, kashi, you forgot to put up how we're choosing a winner (judging, voting etc)

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuYay! Finally! I hope I can come up with something, at least... XD

Lol, is it Gaara and Sakura? XD

Can't wait to see what people come up with ^__^

erikamirou

erikamirou

=^._.^=

ooohh i love the idea! I'm in too! just a question: we have to use scans or we can use fanarts? XD

Signature

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I have a question too.
Is it a must to have two images? What if I find what I need in just one image without having to combine them?

Signature

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Quote by Sakura-DustI have a question too.
Is it a must to have two images? What if I find what I need in just one image without having to combine them?

Sorry, Sakura - it's a must. Otherwise the image wouldn't be a chimaera. (unless you combine two characters from a group scan - I think I'd agree to that, but let's hear from the other mods XD)

merged: 05-06-2008 ~ 10:06pm

Quote by erikamirouooohh i love the idea! I'm in too! just a question: we have to use scans or we can use fanarts? XD

You can use official fanarts or fanarts from people that gave you permission to use their image ^^

founder of: Vectory
Signature

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Hmmm...
It's a cute image of crossdressing...
All I have to do is enlarge it and vector it.
Sounds kinda unfair/easy to me, but I was wondering.

Signature

o wow! so tempted to take part but busy w work n sch =/

nvm.... i'll vote for my favourite!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by Sakura-DustI have a question too.

Let's just say - combine at least 2 characters and make it one. So, it can either be from one Couple/Group scan, or simply from at least two different scans.

Sinever

Sinever

VK Freak

I love the idea of this contest :D
but I dont think I can participate -_-
I really dont have time T_T
anyways good luck to everyone ;)

WATCH OUT! VK FREAK IS HERE! xD MUHAHAHAHAHA!

dementia

dementia

Glare

wow due on my birthday..So many contests, I will give this one a chance if I can.
I think I will due the crossdressing one, b/c I don't understand the Chimaera one.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by dementiawow due on my birthday..So many contests, I will give this one a chance if I can.
I think I will due the crossdressing one, b/c I don't understand the Chimaera one.

The Chimaera one is basically sticking one character's body part onto another character's body part (though those two characters are the same gender). Or you can stick say Ichigo's head onto a Hallow's, just as an example.

merged: 05-07-2008 ~ 12:08am
btw, I edited kashi's first post with some examples of chimaera-ing.

merged: 05-07-2008 ~ 12:16am
btw, you don't have to just use 2 scans; you can use more than 2 (in fact, it's encouraged :D), you can use an arm from one scan, a leg from another, the head from another, and the body of another XD

oh damn, the deadline is in the beginning of june which means i wont be able to participate since im not done with my exams T_T

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I CANNOT wait to work on this one!

Can there be multiple characters in one piece? For instance, Lulu in CC's outfit posing with Suzu in Euphie's dress?

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by sailorchironHAHAHAHAHAHA! I CANNOT wait to work on this one!

Can there be multiple characters in one piece? For instance, Lulu in CC's outfit posing with Suzu in Euphie's dress?

Yay! great to see such enthusiasm :)

Um, for the sake of ease of judging etc, I'd say I'd rather you submitted them as 2 separate vectors (remember you can submit a max of 3 entries) :)

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Awwww, this sounds so fun! Hopefully I'll be able to enter. I'll try!

Judging by my ridiculously slow speed at vectoring... I won't be doing this.
But question: Since fanart is okay, then can it be our own fanart? :p

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

maybe i'll join, but i have so much vectors in plan...maybe

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Quote by DarthTofuBut question: Since fanart is okay, then can it be our own fanart? :p

Sure, but you need to combine them as well and show us the fanart(s) you've used in your entry. The rules are basically similar for the scan one. You can, for example, draw at least two characters (perhaps with the same pose, it doesn't have to be a complete full-body drawing anyway) and then combine both of them in a single piece.

In that case, I think I'll just find scans. o_o lulz.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

More than 2 scans?
That's a different story ^_^'
It's way easier than using two scans!

Signature

sakurals

sakurals

Zettai Daijoubu

mmmm.. it's kinda hard to understand about my bad english.. but.. let me tell you what i understan...
You are saying that to enter in the contest we must make a vector of a person who dress the oposite sex dress? for example, Sakura-chan wearing Syaoran-kun'd outfit?
i'm right?

The pieces of hope will became wings...

Looks interesting! And FUN! I will try!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.